Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt and Cervinia 2019-20

Poster: A snowHead
Cheers @twoodwar I’ll try and post some update through the week.

Just waiting for skis at Geneva, don’t know why it takes so long here. On another note quite a few people choosing to wear face masks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Russeh wrote:
Cheers @twoodwar I’ll try and post some update through the week.

Just waiting for skis at Geneva, don’t know why it takes so long here. On another note quite a few people choosing to wear face masks.

The geniuses at KLM put my skis on a later flight from Amsterdam so I’m enjoying the sights and sounds of GVA awaiting their arrival. Looks like the past few days have been very windy. Hopefully that subsides tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ptspeak very annoying, have they turned up now? I travel a lot With my job and I’ve only ever had a case delayed once. I always wince at the prospect of that happening on a ski holiday as that would a nightmare.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The wind has calmed down here, at least at resort level
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Russeh wrote:
@Ptspeak very annoying, have they turned up now? I travel a lot With my job and I’ve only ever had a case delayed once. I always wince at the prospect of that happening on a ski holiday as that would a nightmare.

They finally showed up. 4 hours after I did. This is my first year in about 20 to travel with my own skis. It’s my 4th trip this year and first issue. The entire process and volume of skis coming off the belt is overwhelming. All will be well once I’m in Zermatt.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ptspeak, I’ve sent you a pm.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dumping full throttle on the cams. Bahnhofplatz covered. Reports from the ground appreciated...@Russeh @Ptspeak snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It’s been snowing all day to various degrees. I had thought today was going to be a write off but had loads of fun around the rothorn area off to the side of piste. The wind has closed a few things but surprisingly the visibility hasn’t been too bad.

Not sure yet how much but the last few laps our original tracks had been covered. Tomorrow should be great
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Still snowing in town fyi
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent news. Zermatt is very much underrated on low vis snowfall days. The tree runs down to the Patrullarve chair are as good as anywhere IMHO.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hd, that’s essentially where we spent most of today, around piste 8 and 9 and down the sides of them.

They closed the cable car a couple of ties due to the wind which made it busy on piste in that sector. But to be fair I’ve seen a lot worse in France.

Some how done 30 miles today lol
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At least 5-6 inch at resort level. Looks like it’s going to be a Stella day
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Russeh wrote:
At least 5-6 inch at resort level. Looks like it’s going to be a Stella day

In the bar drinking lager then?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Phwwooooarrrr snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

The Federal Council today issued a ban on events of more than 1000 people, which is in effect until 15. March, 2020. Zermatt Unplugged takes place from 14.-18. April 2020. As of now we assume that the mood and situation concerning the Corona virus in Switzerland will mitigate – not least due to drastic measures taken – and that Zermatt Unplugged can take place as planned.

We are in contact with the responsible authorities and will inform you immediately if anything changes in this assessment.

Not entirely sure where the "assumption" comes from! I have plans to be out for Zermatt Unplugged with the whole family (group of 9 of us now). As the yiddish saying goes "Man plans and god laughs".

Looking like great conditions out there at present.
ski holidays
Lets hope it sorts itself out for everyone JohnMo
latest report
Folks quick question, is there any reason why a taxi transfer couldn’t access/exit Täsch at midnight tomorrow night? Something about Furkapass?
We’ve a Hotel rep meeting us at the Train Station.

Thanks
snow report
@craftybob, taxi from where?
ski holidays
craftybob wrote:
Folks quick question, is there any reason why a taxi transfer couldn’t access/exit Täsch at midnight tomorrow night? Something about Furkapass?
We’ve a Hotel rep meeting us at the Train Station.

Thanks

The Furka pass is closed but you are coming from Zurich airport that shouldn’t matter. You would use the car train that goes through the tunnel. Even if you were too late for that you would just continue down to Bern and then on to Lake Geneva. The latter takes a little longer but it is not a huge difference.

If you are coming from Geneva Airport you go nowhere near the Furka pass.

Other than that access to Täsch is fine any time of day.
ski holidays
troll post deleted. post not required

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 4-03-20 9:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
JohnMo wrote:

The Furka pass is closed but you are coming from Zurich airport that shouldn’t matter. You would use the car train that goes through the tunnel. Even if you were too late for that you would just continue down to Bern and then on to Lake Geneva. The latter takes a little longer but it is not a huge difference.

If you are coming from Geneva Airport you go nowhere near the Furka pass.

Other than that access to Täsch is fine any time of day.

Brilliant thanks. We’re coming in late from Zurich and the company is saying they’ll need a hotel room for the driver to stay over because he can’t get back? My understanding is there’s another car train north west of Tasch en route to Bern?
ski holidays
@craftybob, I think this is the one JohnMo means. We have been on it in the other direction coming away from Zermatt, and driving to Bern. Its the Lotschbergtunnel train.
latest report
twoodwar wrote:
@craftybob, I think this is the one JohnMo means. We have been on it in the other direction coming away from Zermatt, and driving to Bern. Its the Lotschbergtunnel train.

You can go to Bern and then come via the Lötschberg tunnel car train. But you can also go via Lake Geneva and Bern and avoid any tunnel.

So the taxi company are not being accurate saying the driver “can’t” get back. While the lake route is about 50% longer in distance, because of the need to drive through the mountains and take the car train the time taken on the Furka route, the Lötschberg route and the lake route is fairly similar. Last time I drove down from Zurich I took the lake route simply because I was worried about missing the last car train.
latest report
After pulling the plug on the ski trip I am left with 245 euros deposit on lessons ( that I can change ) for the 15-19th March. if anyone is planning to head to cervinia and looking to book lessons ? and willing to take on the promise of taking lessons with Scuola di Sci Breuil - message me with any offers
ski holidays
@t4tomo Laughing no but did end with one.

It’s been an awesome couple of days conditions and weather.

Currently snowing hard in Zermatt town!
ski holidays
snow conditions
It’s snowed on and off most of today. Visibility not great today which was good as most people chose not to ski so nice and quiet. Wasn’t too bad if you picked your runs.

Snowing again now at town level.
ski holidays
Looks like Cervinia, along with the rest of the Aosta Valley ski areas, is closing tomorrow (Monday). Very depressing.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JohnMo will this affect lift openings on the Swiss side in any way?
snow conditions
hd wrote:
@JohnMo will this affect lift openings on the Swiss side in any way?

I don’t think so. You could say it takes the pressure off Zermatt to close the border themselves.
ski holidays
That’s bad. Could you share the source of this please?
snow conditions
EARNEST wrote:
That’s bad. Could you share the source of this please?

It is on a number of Italian news sites. For example:

https://www.lastampa.it/aosta/2020/03/08/news/la-giunta-regionale-valdostana-sta-valutando-la-chiusura-anticipata-di-impianti-di-risalita-e-piste-da-sci-1.38566460/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
snow report
I am in the area right now and planned to stay until the end of March. Puzzled Shocked

https://www.lovevda.it/it/prima-di-partire/informazioni/coronavirus
latest report
EARNEST wrote:
I am in the area right now and planned to stay until the end of March. Puzzled Shocked

https://www.lovevda.it/it/prima-di-partire/informazioni/coronavirus

The official sites seem not to have been updated but the Regional Government’s decision, made today, is widely reported elsewhere.
ski holidays
Really sad news. I feel for the business owners whose livelihood depends on the seasonal tourism.

Time to get skinning if you're local.
snow report
JohnMo wrote:
Looks like Cervinia, along with the rest of the Aosta Valley ski areas, is closing tomorrow (Monday). Very depressing.

Is this an economic decision, in the sense that numbers are down? Don't think aosta is in lombardy?
snow report
8611 wrote:
JohnMo wrote:

Is this an economic decision, in the sense that numbers are down? Don't think aosta is in lombardy?

Aosta is not in Lombardy. It is not an economic decision. The situation is getting worse in Italy generally.
snow report
Yes I have heard a rumour from someone on the ground regarding the Aosta Valley that 8 people have tested positive for the virus and they are expecting more.
That may be why they have decided to close the ski resorts in the Aosta Valley.
It is a shame for all the businesses running there.
ski holidays
It is official Exclamation https://www.cervinia.it/en/

Quote:
8th March Following today's summit between Valle D' Aosta Administration, Civil Protection Department and the representatives of the Valle D'Aosta lift companies, we announce the closure of the Cervino Spa lifts starting from Monday 9 March 2020 due to the spread of COVID-19 Virus.

flying back home
snow report
Have put in my request for a refund now I've been invited
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy