Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best thin ski gloves for around 70?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey, lost my old ski gloves at the end of last season so picking up a new pair on Amazon.

Hestra’s seem to be the highest recommended but it’s hard to justify spending over 100 on a pair of gloves.
Wondering if anyone can recommend a good pair for around 70 that arn’t bulky?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colly10, - Free The Powder RX glove, $80 inc. shipping Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/wp-xcw-down-mitten-black.htm

20% off Bank Holiday sale for the next day, which means £60 - 20% I think. I think this is a new brand, which I have tried on in some shops. Seems to be very waterproof, and the mittens in this pair should make it warmer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bigtipper, a chum has used these for many years and has always been very pleased with them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A cheap alternative https://www.decathlon.co.uk/leather-mountaineering-gloves-id_8359558.html I use these for spring skiing. They’re perfectly fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends what you mean by thin - the best deal in ski gloves period is the Kinco 901 ( or Tim @ snowshepherd.com enhanced "copies" but I deffo wouldn't call them or most Hestras thin.

For spring gloves a winter cycling glove or Decathlon's fiver pairs are pretty good.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 25-08-19 12:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.snowandrock.com/p/black-diamond-mens-renegade-gloves-A3215683.html?channable=e65396.MjI5ODQ5XzEyNA&colour=124&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqeX_ne-d5AIViON3Ch2OlgCaEAQYBSABEgKhLPD_BwE

They just happen to be on s+r but other supplies available. Appreciate that there's so many different makes to choose from but the Black Diamond I've used have outlasted most things.
That goatskin palm is really good too as I like that area quite thin, these stay really soft and grippy even after being washed too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It all depends on how cold/hot you generally are when skiing (and when you ski) - as per Dave's reply above I use these when it's cold http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/0snowshepskiguideprotan and when it's warmer these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222322999344. I'm very happy with both pairs, but your operating temperature and conditions may vary!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In recent years I've been picking gloves from the ice climbing racks. In Snowdonia we have two Joe Brown stores and the Cotswold end of line shop. Climbing gloves tend not to be bulky and are particularly hard wearing. May be worth a trawl online.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got some Extremities gloves which I use when it's not below zero or snowing. I think they are the sticky windy's! Nice that the air flows through them as my hands get hot. I've used them for about 12 weeks and they are still just about holding on. It doesn't matter if they're not waterproof if you don't get them wet. Sometimes they get water on them in spring conditions when I'm picking my skis up but they dry quickly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone, plenty of good options there
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mountain Equipment Super Alpines are terrific for skiing on warmer days. I don't feel the cold that much so these actually get used more than my Hestra Alpine Pros, which are brilliant gloves but often too warm for me. https://www.e-outdoor.co.uk/women-c24/womens-clothing-c105/womens-hats-gloves-c32/womens-gloves-c162/mountain-equipment-super-alpine-gloves-p4338/s23679?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=mountain-equipment-super-alpine-gloves-black-titanium-small-size-size-small-colour-black-titanium-sk0065448-01-01&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6MLQ6--e5AIVjOJ3Ch09IwS7EAQYBSABEgKJvfD_BwE
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use these
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For spring skiing I had some Hestra Czone gloves. Lost them so will probably replace them with the same this coming season.

For colder weather I have the Hestra Army Leather mitts.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been using some Burton AK tech leather gloves this season. Very thin and light and surprisingly warm and dry. Paid $100 kiwi for them, so about 50 of your european pesos for a pair.
ski holidays
Mountan Equipment Randonee all the way for me. My Hestra's couldn't compete with the comfort of a pile lining. Much dryer than a Goretex lined glove due to the breathability.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy