Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding Destinations '07

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Again!
I've just got back from a superb holiday in Livigno.
Thanks to everyone who recomended it for me. There were 17 in our group in the end and we had a fantastic week. I would thoroughly recommend it as a resort for boarders at all levels. We were a mix of beginners, intermediate and a couple of skiers and found the resort easy to all meet up at various times of the day after lessons etc. Also the booze and food there was very cheap and the weather gorgeous- bonus!

Anyway back to the point - I am now looking for destinations for next year! Again we are looking for somewhere fun and cheap for all levels of boarders. We were thinking about a catered chalet somewhere but it would need to be a big one as there is likely to be more of us next year (around 20 of us).

Any suggestions appreciated!
Cheers!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're going to book via a tour operator then Inghams have some really good early bird prices at the moment. I'm already booked up to go to Ischgl next year with them. With 20 people you should also get a few free places as well.

I'm not so good at recommending destinations though, unless you'd describe 600-700pp as cheap. However well worth looking at Austria, especially if Apres ski is important.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hel, Glad you enjoyed Livi', the skiers here (I think) dismiss it as too remote, too provincial and too undemanding . . . I wonder if they're too interested in 'bedpost notching' all the runs in a resort rather than exploring all its vagaries . . . We all take the piddle of DGOrf for returning to Wengen year after year . . . I think he's a wee bit too secure in his choice, but that doesn't undermine the fact that there're a million different ways to slide down a run and a million different snow conditions to compensate for on the way down. Confused

I'd heartily agree with Lager, re. Austrian Apres high jinks but as a boarder you need to choose carefully, the Austrians are not adverse to greens that go uphill sometimes.
I had my first Austrian experience in Schladming and will be going back, absolutely superb and worth the odd trek between mountains. If your not lazy or adverse to a bit of walking, any Austrian resort will worth a visit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, I wouldn't dismiss Livigno.....I loved it there snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hel, According to the boarders/reps/instructors we met on our holiday Mayrhofen was a firm favourite.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton? Just back and if you're into your apres then it looked worth a visit. Much cheaper than france as well (the nearby resort of lech though is somewhat more expensive)

Reds that go uphill are a fact of life although not too many of them. Drag lifts as well but all the ones I went onto were fairly tame by scottish standards Smile

Off piste looked amazing but last week it was all tracked out and a bit crunchy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Portes du Soleil has everything for boarders of all preferences

huge area with off piste runs, tree runs, wide open runs, ample selection of parks/boarder cross, good snow record and good variety of towns to choose from...

Jo
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ever thought of Soldeu in Andorra? Cheap

great modern lift system.
Board park and good long runs which have now been extended to the next big hill.
Tax free shopping and beer!
Clean and inexpensive hotels and chalets.

If not appealing to you, i went to passo tonale and it was fab. Dear.

If money isnt a problem i,d go for Colorado every time. Expensive. Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sauze D'Oulx could be one to look at - it's where I went after going to Livigno. Has similar sort of nightlife although the towns more compact which is good. The area to ride on is much bigger but the slopes are still fairly mellow for those learning - probably not quite as easy to learn at as Livigno.
For another one try Courchevel - OK you may be thinking it's crazily expensive - my tip is to go with Pleisure. They have a 22 person Chalet (although it can get a bit 'cosy' if packed), their prices for fully catered are damn good and as it's in 1550 the beers are on a par with here (a nightout in 1850 will be a bit more expensive though!). This'll be a bit more of a step up than Sauze but there are still loads of easy runs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy