Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead
Sitting on a train heading to client meeting in Bristol and my mind keeps drifting forwards to the weekend when we head out to Ischgl...

Any snowHeads out there to give a local view on conditions in resort?

Thanks Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect it is sunny and hardpacked like the rest of the Austrian resorts with a bit of snow forecast this weekend
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DanishRider wrote:
The song abort Lauda is actually abort mama Lauda Happy Who is the mother of Nikki Lauda - mama Lauda:-)

"Mama Lauda" sounding like "(something) lauter", which means "say it louder". Or something like that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pistes are in great condition given that it hasnt snowed for a while. Nice and grippy in the mornings. Home run a bit scratchy at points at the end of the day. The (few*) moguls rock hard obviously.

I think this is one of the weeks Ischgl a great place to ski v other resorts- when there isn't much fresh snow. Not afraid to use the snow cannons and seem to do a great job of piste preparation.

Haven't been offpiste this week but looks hard and windblown.

*Wish they left more runs unpisted
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mjit wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
The song abort Lauda is actually abort mama Lauda Happy Who is the mother of Nikki Lauda - mama Lauda:-)

"Mama Lauda" sounding like "(something) lauter", which means "say it louder". Or something like that.

Indeed it do - but it is Mama Lauda:-)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mjit wrote:
DanishRider wrote:

Indeed it do - but it is Mama Lauda:-)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DanishRider wrote:
Kitzloch is 50% danes - Been that way for +20 years

But us Irish have been taking it over for St Patricks Day for the past few years....and we will be again this year!

Arno wouldn't have it any other way.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

@DanishRider

Kitzloch it is then!

Bob we didnt go to Kitzloch last year as it is the other end ot our hotel , but we did get to Schatzi bar in Elizabeth hotel .15cm to 20 cm forecast by Morris on saturday . So assuming no delays with flights / transfer we should need our goggles
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dazman wrote:
DanishRider wrote:

But us Irish have been taking it over for St Patricks Day for the past few years....and we will be again this year!

Lots of Dublin jerseys etc on view....and guys who do v little skiing in between the drinks but return home with all sorts of tales of black slope dramas and off piste near misses etc........ Very Happy Very Happy

Going to ischgl for first time on 25th.....weather seems to be turning for the better.......!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dazman wrote:
DanishRider wrote:

Did St. Paddys once i NYC - would love to do it in Ischgl too!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gwatts10 wrote:
Quote:

@DanishRider

Kitzloch it is then!

Bob we didnt go to Kitzloch last year as it is the other end ot our hotel , but we did get to Schatzi bar in Elizabeth hotel .15cm to 20 cm forecast by Morris on saturday . So assuming no delays with flights / transfer we should need our goggles

Kitz is 200 yards from Schatzi Happy just across the little stream:-)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe they can’t swim?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Captain Primrose wrote:
Maybe they can’t swim?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Captain Primrose wrote:
Maybe they can’t swim?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Captain Primrose wrote:
Maybe they can’t swim?

The piste basher that fell through the bridge at the bottom of the piste couldn't Embarassed
snow report
@Mjit, sounds expensive!
ski holidays
Just got back from a week of bluebird sky skiing in Ischgl

Pistes holding up really well. All the ski routes are closed and the long red from the top of the E5 cable car shut midweek. We did it on Tuesday and it was fairly horrible and lots of bare rocks 1/2 way down.
We left at 5 am yesterday with 3 inches of snow on the cars and it was snowing heavily , and continued to do so for the next 4 hours until we got well into Germany. Despite the slow start we made it to Calais in 9.5 hours.
They definitely needed a freshen up of snow but have done a great job of keeping what they have.
snow report
More bluebird these last few days. Pistes generally good and there is some soft snow off piste if you know where to look.
latest report
I'm off to ischgl in a few weeks and I wondered if there are any piste-side picnic spots, like say the ones in Val Thorens? Thanks!
snow report
No picnic spots that I can think and I know the area very well.
snow report
No picnic spots that I can think and I know the area very well.
snow report
Thanks @Corky, eating in cable cars it is
snow report
posted this elsewhere but thought useful here too

a report from Ischgl

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/11/coronavirus-update-live-news-uk-health-minister-italy-lockdown-australia-us-china-stock-markets-outbreak-latest-updates?CMP=share_btn_tw&page=with:block-5e6923cd8f087df56e4c6aeb#block-5e6923cd8f087df56e4c6aeb

an individual's experiences are not necessarily reflective of the situation as a whole and the criticism is of the UK response not the authorities in Ischgl
latest report
and

From the Tiroler Tageszeitung's live blog https://liveblog.tt.com/414/coronavirus

⛔️ Skibetrieb in Ischgl ab Samstag für zwei Wochen gestoppt

Das Land Tirol greift in Sachen Coronavirus zum ersten Mal zu einer drastischen Maßnahme, was den Wintertourismus betrifft: Ab Samstag ist der Skibetrieb im Wintersportort Ischgl für zwei Wochen untersagt, erklärte LH Günther Platter heute Abend bei einer Pressekonferenz in Innsbruck. Es handle sich um eine "einschneidende Maßnahme", so Platter.

Basically the Chief Minister of Land Tirol, Günther Platter has announced that Ischgl will close for two weeks from Saturday.

I would guess it can only be a matter of time before similar measures happen elsewhere, hope not but it looks inevitable.
ski holidays
@munich_irish, this is turning out to be a nightmare for a lot of people.
The people that tested positive in Ischgl are any of them serious?
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, No idea beyond what is posted here. A number of staff at one of the apres spots, Kitzloch, have tested positive. The suggestion is that there have been a good number of undetected cases but impossible to really say, in current circumstances there are so many rumours, most of them wrong. I must say I cant see the place reopening this season but who knows, presumably the hope is that self isolating a whole village will mean it is safe to reopen. Also think it is bonkers to keep the other Paznauntal resorts open though the economic pressures to keep them open is very strong, at the end of the day people still need to pay their rent or mortgage and put food on the table!
snow conditions
@munich_irish, yes I thought straight away that I bet it doesn't reopen.
I wonder what the point is though if Galtuer and Kappl are still open
snow report
The 14 day closure is off, now it is ‘bis auf weiteres’ (for the time being)
Reopening would be virtually impossible anyway. All the staff, mostly foreign, will leave now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Langerzug, the loathsome money grubbing gits that run Ischgl are not offering proper refunds on ski passes only vouchers to be used in the future!
ski holidays
@Langerzug, the loathsome money grubbing gits that run Ischgl are not offering proper refunds on ski passes only vouchers to be used in the future!
latest report
Lucky Friday 13th? - last day's skiing.
https://www.ischgl.com/news-en
ski holidays
Definitive closure for this season is announced

@munich_irish, a bit more sympathy please.
snow conditions
Langerzug wrote:
Definitive closure for this season is announced

@munich_irish, a bit more sympathy please.

I agree with @munich_irish. Hotels, airlines and TO's elsewhere are offering refunds. Should be same for lift passes.
snow conditions
Was supposed to be heading out on the 21st, gutted but at least TO has offered a full refund rather than just saying to check travel insurance.
snow conditions
@Langerzug, It is now clear that there have been a lot of virus cases in Ischgl. That is no one's fault, it could have been any resort. However I am afraid I have no sympathy for the folks that own Ischgl, they should have offered full refunds on ski passes from the day the closure was announced. There will be a lot of owners of smaller businesses that are going to struggle with all this but not the shareholders in the Ischgl lift company or those that own the big apres spots and flashy hotels. It is going to be particularly bad news for all the seasonal workers who will now lose a lot of income, hopefully they will be covered by the Austrian social system.
latest report
From BBC

"Austria probes ski resort

Ischgl, a ski resort in Austria's Tyrol province, has been linked with hundreds of cases of coronavirus. Now Tyrol's government has asked state prosecutors to investigate whether a business at the resort failed to tell authorities about an infection at the end of February.

Austrian, German and Scandinavian health officials have all traced cases back to the tiny town, but it only shut for business last week"
snow conditions
Yes, Stanton posted a link a week ago claiming Ischgl was ground zero for Europe's 2020 death plague.

Iceland government also warned on Austria and the Alps several weeks before that.

Some speculation 1 barman may have spread it to 500+ skiers in a crowded, humid club.

Viruses love crowds and humidity.

Perfect storm.
ski holidays
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/europe/austria-ski-resort-ischgl-coronavirus-intl/index.html
snow report
Was stanton put down crevasse for reporting on this and CV in St Anton??
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Yes, Stanton posted a link a week ago claiming Ischgl was ground zero for Europe's 2020 death plague.

Impressive work for Ischgl to be the European epicentre, with it's first case suggested to be at the end of Feb...a month after the first case in Italy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy