Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

IP Sports (Ilkeston) ebay stitch up - update II

Poster: A snowHead
Nickski wrote:
@spyderjon, does that mean it doesn’t effect section 75 due to paypal being considered an intermediary ?

Yes, if they are just using PayPal merchant services then section 75 still in operations.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nickski wrote:
@spyderjon, does that mean it doesn’t effect section 75 due to paypal being considered an intermediary ?

It's all a bit complex, and Even the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), which arbitrates Section 75 disputes, is unable to provide clear guidance. :

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2017/04/revealed-section-75-credit-card-protection-may-fail-due-to-payment-processing-loophole---shoppers-beware/

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75/

You normally have two options to pay with eBay:

1. Select "PayPal". This uses your PayPal account, and will first use any funds you have in there. If you don't have enough, then PayPal will just take money from your credit/debit card or bank account to cover the purchase. thus you will just see "PayPal" on your statement. You are unlikely to be covered under Section 75 for such purchases.

2. Select "Credit or Debit Card". This takes funds from you card direct; but PayPal is acting as the payment processor etc. On you statement is will appear as "PayPal *<merchant>" or similar. This is more likely to be covered by Section 75; but even that is debatable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1 wrote:
Nickski wrote:

Yes, if they are just using PayPal merchant services then section 75 still in operations.

+1
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wish I had read this earlier.............

Purchased some skis from IP Sports on ebay, no bindings, but was going to take the plates off and fit something else, well that was the plan

A pair of skis arrived, but the "pair" comprised of two different models of skis!, same manufacturer, different model with different side cuts etc! only thing that was the same was the plate that I was going to take off! Shocked Shocked

They are in the process of being returned via the ebay not as described return mechanism.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dove, is it wrong that I'd have found it funny if I'd been there when you opened that parcel?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adithorp wrote:
@Dove, is it wrong that I'd have found it funny if I'd been there when you opened that parcel?

You mean that you didn't laugh when you read his comment?

I didn't need to be there to find it funny! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@adithorp, No not wrong at all, my partner found it very funny at the time, she said the "what on earth..." look on my face was rather amusing. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You have 180 days to raise a claim via Paypal:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

In my experience Paypal are pretty good on this sort of thing. Good luck!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dove, was either of the skis one you'd ordered?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Tom Doc, of course I did, just thought it would have been funnier to witness the "what the feck" moment.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Surprise, surprise, they’re ignoring my calls. I’ll make the ‘dispute’ via the credit card company official this weekend.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Nickski, I'd speak to Paypal first before going to the credit card dispute. What you described fits perfectly into Paypal's conditions for refunding.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Nickski, They ignored the messages I sent via ebay.

@mgrolf, Yes, one of them was the correct one, the one on the top, I am guessing they didn't check after they got the stock in via whatever bankrupt stock / auction place they got them from, and sold them as they had arrived.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dove wrote:
.....I am guessing they didn't check after they got the stock in via whatever bankrupt stock / auction place they got them from, and sold them as they had arrived.

I'll repeat my post from page 1:

IP Sports are not an accredited snowsports retailer. I've had a number of customers buy skis that are either have incorrect bindings or no bindings and then come to me to get them sorted.

It's pretty obvious that they have little or no knowledge of skis and bindings etc. Probably bought up some bankrupt stock as they are not dealers for any of the ski brands they're selling. Also means there's no warranty etc.

Their prices should be the obvious give away. If it seems to good to be true then it probably is!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@spyderjon, what I find strange though, is the ebay feedback currently on their site, its 100%, makes me wonder if they manage to remove some of the bad feedback sections??
latest report
Updated, see first post.
snow report
as @Nickski, updated his info, by the way well done going throught the credit card and getting it sorted.... I had better do the same, I sent the mismatched skis back via ebay returns, which took 2 weeks to deliver!. No response to any messages I sent from ipsports.

Then nothing from IP sports after they had been delivered according to the tracking, so had to get ebay involved, and got an immediate full refund back to paypal and finally a curt message from them, within 30 minutes of pressing the ebay "step in to fix" button!
snow report
Thumbs up fella. Let’s make sure they don’t stiff anymore skiers.
ski holidays
Fischer RC4 are a good price from them, is tempting, after all if they f*ck up, Paypal will refund.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy