Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for good ski instruction in Megeve

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am based in Les Saisies for remainder of season and could commute daily to Megeve if there was some good instruction available. I have only heard of Simon Butler, and his courses are only for guests staying with them in resort. Any other suggestions? I have had some good private lessons here, but there might be a better option in Megeve. There's a Snoworks course in Tignes, which is tempting, but would be a very expensive option given that I already have an apartment here!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, If you want a British ski school, it only takes an hour to drive to Meribel. New Generation have lessons based there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, thanks for the suggestion, but there's no way I could drive from here to Meribel in an hour! It's 40 minutes winding down to Albertville from here (Megeve is in the other direction, down into the Arly Valley).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, you could try White Sensations. I've heard some good things but no direct experience.

The ESI guys who put on races for Simon Butler seem to be good eggs, but the English of the ones I've met may not be up to instruction. I'm sure they must have some good English speakers though (if that's what you need).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman, thanks. I've looked at their website and sent them an email. The website has an eerie and deserted feel about it, though. An announcement dated September 2004 says they are very excited about their super new website.... then nothing!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, It has taken me an hour between Crest Voland and Meribel whenever I have driven it. The last time was on Friday evening.

How long does it take you to find somewhere to park in Megeve ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, ooh, see what you mean about the web site.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs, what route do you take? I can't get to Albertville in less than 40 minutes but maybe there's a better way, and if I could get to Meribel in a reasonable time, that would be a good bet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Just the obvious route, straight down from Crest Voland to the Val d'Arly road, Ugine, Albertville, Moutiers then up to Meribel. I don't go particularly fast down the hill, then stick to the speed limits after that.

The free car park in Meribel is close to where the ski schools meet and also near to the entry to the village.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy