Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2019/20 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
^^ Not even marked yet, let alone open. They only opened the face yesterday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Epic powder day in the trees today in Courchevel! Face shots-a-go-go...
Still pretty breezy though - looks like it should die down overnight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
40 cm of overnight snow in Meribel and it's still snowing!

Sadly, only the lower lifts were running. Very slippery on the roads. Looking brighter from Wednesday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Too much snow and blizzard the whole day today it was rather difficult to venture out. So stayed with Val Thorens on some gentler slopes. You could hardly see anything 20m out. But the weather forecast predicts a sunny Wednesday so all this snow should bring magic for Christmas Day!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely powder in Mottaret today, limited lift opening and variable vis but still managed 22.5km vertical descent of powder laps in the last 2 days!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Disappointingly, it is raining in Mottaret this morning. Have just tried one run from the top of Combes and it was like trying to ski on contact adhesive. May be better higher up but the upper lifts are currently closed due to avalanche blasting.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TJ1,

70 odd thousand feet of vertical in bad weather! Shocked That's some going! : Very Happy

Which lifts did you use for your laps? Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wet snow in VT , but no wind. Most of the valley is open including 3v link
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergmeister wrote:
@TJ1,

70 odd thousand feet of vertical in bad weather! Shocked That's some going! : Very Happy

Which lifts did you use for your laps? Puzzled

Predominantly Combes lift and the area around the Fouine run, there weren't many options and that seemed to have the nicest snow around it.

Decidedly wet today in and well above mottaret.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@TJ1 Very good going! I found it great at the top of Fouine but pretty heavy lower down. Hopefully cooler and brighter tomorrow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From latania website /Facebook

Slopes temporarily closed down to La Tania due to fallen trees under the weight of snow we hear. Return via Gondola at the moment until they’re cleared.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Merry Christmas! A glorious sunny day in Meribel. A bit firm low down but there is still some nice snow on the upper slopes.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mike S, yes a great day - low down almost felt Scottish at times although the death cookies were not quite big enough and not frozen hard into the snow underneath! Quite rattly dropping down into Meribel from Courch, but great snow up high off Cote Brune, Plattieres 3 etc. Off piste a bit of a challenge to find non-wind-affected cold snow above the rained-on snow from the 24th (about 2200m...).
Courchevel couloirs were still nice at the end of the afternoon, slightly heavy pow, but if offpisteskiing jr can cope with them on his skinny skis then anyone should be able to!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TJ1 wrote:
Lovely powder in Mottaret today, limited lift opening and variable vis but still managed 22.5km vertical descent of powder laps in the last 2 days!
TJ1 wrote:
Predominantly Combes lift and the area around the Fouine run, there weren't many options and that seemed to have the nicest snow around it.

Combes is slightly under 500m vertical, so that's around 45 laps of the same or nearby lifts! Rather you than me - even if the weather is poor Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A most enjoyable SCGB off piste outing today with Josh from New Generation. Having not had high expectations after the rain/freeze cycle early in the week, we were pleasantly surprised that Josh was able to find us any ski-able off piste areas - and some were remarkably good. We headed over to VT, where the snow had stayed in much better condition than in the Meribel valley. However, it was extremely busy on piste and the lift queues were substantial.

snow report
Hi all,
arriving in Les Menuires on Saturday morning. Would like to get a days skiing in before checking in to our apartment (Les Clarines) and am seeking some advice on parking. Does anybody know where the car park entrance is in relation to reception. How far a walk is it to the nearest lift? Would it be better to park somewhere else and drive back when we’ve finished? If so where can we get changed?

Kindest Regards,
snow report
@brovert, I guess you could get changed in the public toilets next to the piste at Croisette. I would just park on the road on the way out to Val Thorens from Croisette and drive down to your apartment after skiing.
ski holidays
@brovert Hope [url=]http://ontheworldmap.com/france/ski/les-menuires/les-menuires-hotel-map.jpg[/url] might help. Les Clarinces is in C5, along with car park, lift pass office and WC. You should be able to ski from there straight down to the Tortollet lift.
snow report
Snowing hard down at 850m all morning... happy days!
ski holidays
ecureuil wrote:
TJ1 wrote:
TJ1 wrote:

Combes is slightly under 500m vertical, so that's around 45 laps of the same or nearby lifts! Rather you than me - even if the weather is poor Laughing

Something like that and still able to find untracked lines even by the end of the second day... All good fun in snow to me!

Plenty of fresh powder at the top of Mt. Vallon this morning but very limited vis until it cleared later in the afternoon.

Anyway, a good week, 65km vert in just about every weather condition you can imagine but plenty of snow around for those due to arrive!
snow report
Was mostly otherwise occupied today but managed to sneak in a few laps of the cable car this afternoon. Under the cables was great with barely a track in for some reason. For the last run I nipped over into Curé which had surprisingly quite a few tracks in it (compared to Sous le Télé or Emile Allais)!
Still, not too shabby for 4pm:
Couloir Curé 27 12 2019 from Simon Christy
https://vimeo.com/381692220

Conditions reasonable above 2200m, though it was definitely getting milder compared to this morning's snow to the valley floor. Slightly weird crust under the powder in places, but mostly very skiable.
snow report
@offpisteskiing Very nice!
ski holidays
@Mike S, @rjs, Thanks both. As we paid for underground parking went to reception when we got in at about 9:30, parked up and got changed in the underground car park and quick walk to the piste. Good day on the slopes and now cooking dinner for missus birthday. Once again thanks for all your advice.
ski holidays
Another glorious day with a foot of fresh powder on the upper slopes. Quite a contrast to earlier in the week.

ski holidays
Looking at booking in La Tania for 11th Jan. I saw the comment a few a posts above that mentioned that the runs down into la Tania were shut due to fallen trees before Christmas. It did say temporarily shut so I assume that is all sorted now as cannot see any mention of it on la Tania website.

Anything else I should be aware of before committing to the booking?

Thanks in advance
snow report
@Smartin Predominantly clears skies and very little snow forecast until at least the end of next week. It is already pretty icy on the lower runs but ok higher up. Very busy at the moment but should be quieter from next weekend.
snow report
Thanks for the quick response @Mike S.

I'm sure everywhere will quieten down after the New year week Cool
snow conditions
Busy busy today out and about, but conditions pretty good really!
Off piste is well skied on most things that you can access without effort, but a short bit of uphill opens up plenty of soft turns still:

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@offpisteskiing weather forecast says mild this week, is everything turning hard and icy on piste?

We're heading out to les menuires on Saturday, was hoping to do a little more off piste but conditions might not favour that come next week. Still looks good on the whole from what i can tell.
ski holidays
@offpisteskiing, do you work outside of the trois vallees in season? Looking to do some intro to touring with my wife mid Jan. I’ve done some 3 day tours but she’s done nothing. So far just booked flights into GVA for a weekend on Friday 17th Jan.
snow conditions
@kitenski, yes I am very mobile normally - depends whether locations are within reasonable reach for a day... Could potentially fit in a day on the 19th - depending on conditions Areches-Beaufort or somewhere in the Aravis might be good options. Drop me a line at simon at offpisteskiing dot com and we can discuss off-thread...
snow report
@Russeh, pistes are great first thing and get progressively icier/bumpier as the day progresses. An early start to make the most of the morning good snow will be a must! The off piste will be good in a 'chalky' way, particularly if you can get away from the popular bits (which will certainly be getting bumpy by then going on the current forecast!). The other bonus is that things will definitely be trending towards stability, so from an avalanche perspective the blue skies are not all bad right now.
ski holidays
Happy New Year! Should have been out first thing but...... Another bright, sunny day.

snow conditions
On the track back from Val T to Les Menuires noticed 4 Laser Dinghies and a Rib on a trailer in one of the car parks. Any one have any ideas what it’s doing up here?
latest report
It was ridiculously busy in the Meribel Chaudanne today, although, surprisingly, the crowds didn't seem to be too bad on the slopes.

snow report
Still some nice snow to be skied off piste for a minimum of effort...

Looks like the blue skies are continuing for a while yet!
latest report
Skied the new Daguet piste today in Meribel for the first time and it was very nice indeed down through the trees into La Raffort and back up on the bubble. very good snow conditions there and on the Face
ski holidays
@offpisteskiing, did my email arrive ok? Just wanting to check that a) I typed it in correctly and b) it didn't go into Spam!!
ski holidays
@kitenski, yes, sorry - reply is on my to-do list..! Will get on it..
latest report
Anyone know what the outlook is for the next couple of weeks? We're heading out to Les Menuires in a couple weeks, and if the snow is anything like it was the same time last year I'd be happy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy