Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pls, opinions for gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I did some research on snowboard gloves and found two brands that are hard to find here where I live, in NZ.

Level half pipe GTX
https://www.amazon.com/Level-Snowboard-Protective-Integrated-ThermoPlus/dp/B07FNRW4GY?tag=amz07b-21

Hestra Army Leather GTX
https://www.amazon.com/Hestra-Waterproof-Ski-Gloves-Gore-Tex/dp/B00ZD24V0K?tag=amz07b-21

Does anyone know which of those two gloves could be the best?

The first one, Level half pipe GTX seems to have a good wrist support
and the second one, with goat leather, may have great durability.

Opinions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hestra gloves are considered by many to be premium, top quality.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pedroGenio, hello, welcome to SHs.

I favour the Hestras as I have sweaty hands and the washable removable liners are a big advantage...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pedroGenio, Hi and welcome snowHead

Both Level and Hestra are good quality brands, so either will be fine from that perspective. The Levels may be slightly warmer.

However, you should really establish whether you want wrist protection, and if so, do you want it to be integrated? If not, you need to make sure the glove has enough space to cover external protection.

From doing some research, my bf (a snowboarder) established that these were a better option for wrist protection: https://demonsnow.com/store/Flexmeter%20wrist%20guard
But you need to make sure your gloves are big enough to cover them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Hi and welcome snowHead

Hi @Scarlet,

thank you and thanks for the information.
I don't think that I will wear that wrist protection just because of the size, as you said, it's hard to fit and might not be comfortable.

Hi @under_a_new_name

Quote:

I favour the Hestras as I have sweaty hands and the washable removable liners are a big advantage...

thanks mate, I have sweaty hands as well although I believe both gloves have removable liners.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pedroGenio wrote:
I don't think that I will wear that wrist protection just because of the size, as you said, it's hard to fit and might not be comfortable.

While that is true, I think you are going about your search the wrong way around. First, do your research into the wrist protection – wrist guards that don't fit may be uncomfortable, a broken wrist is going to beat that! There are different types with different fits that protect in different ways. Once you've figured out what is best for you, then get the gloves that will work with it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thank you scarlet i understand what you said and i'll keep in mind as a concern
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If I were skiing I'd go with the Hestra glove. However for snowboarding, the wrist guards and longer cuff are advantages, so snowboarding go for Level.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pedroGenio, I use the hestra GTX goretex gloves for skiing, they don't have removable liners, the Army ones do that look really very similar but they are not goretex. I would not use the hestras for snowboarding, the palms and fingers are not robust enough, had a mate who tried and the leather got shredded.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Bob and @Zorrac,

guys, thank you so much for these tips.
I thought goat leather would be useful for snowboarding, it could be tough to get shredded but it seems I was wrong.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
one more question, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What is your opinion about Level or FlexMeter?
both have built-in wrist guards.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flexmeter pretty much invented the wrist guard that actually worked ( rather than being a poor roller blade type protector) so I'd bde inclined toward them but Level have been around ages too. Wrist guards are a very personal thing. Once I'd learnt to ride on dryslope I never bothered with them thereafter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy