Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where should we take our newbie friends?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Time of year will be important. I wouldn’t discount the supposedly « uglier «  French resorts as if the week goes to plan they will be more excited by skiing than architecture! Plenty of quality dining and drinking choices in the French ghetto ski resorts!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want most value for money and good assistance from the ski hotel, I would recommend Snowcoach at Valmeinier but it won't be posh. Just everything you would need for skiing. The slopes are perhaps a bit limited but your nubee friends would find everything they would need. The lifts are only 50 metres from the hotel and the medical centre (I was very grateful for this a few years ago) right next door.

Not sure what you mean by "character". We were at La Plagne last year. Thought it had plenty of character. What about Are in Sweden. Terrific views of the lake when skiing. Plenty of things to do if your friends want a break from skiing. Much better than anything I have seen in France.

We did Cervinia - Zermat a few years ago. The long blues were such fun.

I am about to read the rest of this string and will be surprised if Les Trois Vallee is not mentioned!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbizz with puy st vincent is lovely for beginners but might be a bit small for yourselves. worth a look if you are going outside of school holidays as you might get a great deal.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Too much overthinking on this thread. You’ll all have a great time anywhere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
1. Lech.
2. Wengen.
3. Zermatt.

Agree with Lech and Wengen, though I would suggest Saas Fee rather than Zermatt (you can always go to Zermatt for a day). Check that costs fit within your budget, though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TCSC47 wrote:
If you want most value for money and good assistance from the ski hotel, I would recommend Snowcoach at Valmeinier but it won't be posh. Just everything you would need for skiing. The slopes are perhaps a bit limited but your nubee friends would find everything they would need. The lifts are only 50 metres from the hotel and the medical centre (I was very grateful for this a few years ago) right next door.

Valloire the otherside of the shared mountain would tick the village box with a few bars + there are long greens & blues on Valloire side of the Crey de Quart & Setaz mountains.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
St Sorlin d'Arves: pretty, sunny, quiet village right on the edge of the slopes. Lots of green runs to the village - 'real' greens too - and the whole of Les Sybelles to play in for the rest of you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sailbad the Sinner

Tonale ...... only issue might be the village is ok enough, without being picturesque, other wise ticks all the boxes.

If you're friends can't improve there they won't anywhere.

Plenty of reds & blacks for you and the missus ...... on the main side, off the glacier and down in Ponte de Legno/Temu.

Nice half board hotels, efficient but friendly Walser hospitality, cheap enough too ...... Crystal are the only TO that go there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bookmarking this for the future! This thread has loads of suggestions for novice skiers like me. One question can anyone recommend a ski resort in France?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@leveloneskier, Flaine
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks. What are the nursery or bunny slopes like? Do you know anything about the instructors there or not?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chatel is a lovely town and the runs at chappelle d'abonndance are great for beginners, quiet with great snow
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sailbad the Sinner wrote:
Thanks Andy, Les Gets would fit the bill.
San Cassiano looks great, any hotel recommendations?

San Cass is great, but make sure the hotel runs a shuttle service otherwise the schlep to the slopes carrying kit uphill could put off beginners. If you fancy the dolomites then can I suggest Colfosco as lots of the accommodation is close the learner slopes and it's pretty flay to learn and there's some improver slopes if you go up the edelweiss bubble, they even do a passable attempt at Austrian Style apres at the only pub on the hill, but don't let the beginners try and ski down in the dark (fun though!) For you there's tonnes to go at on /around the ronda. If you are going to kronplatz then make sure the accommodation is on the side of the hill which has a bubble to the top. The learner area is at the top which is perfect if you have a bubble (and good wather) and hopeless for beginners coming in from the Piculin side A bit limited for you guys however - but there is a ski bus from the bottom of the Piculin across to La Villa/Pedraces and access to the sella ronda - doing a full lap in a day from Kronplatz would be a bit of a challenge (mostly navigationally if you haven't done it before)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beginners don’t need a top notch resort.
You could go to Waidring, great blues for improvers on the Steinplatte, north facing slopes, relatively high for the region, so great snow when other places are struggling.
You could get a hire car and the regional lift pass and tour all the nearby resorts (the roads are very easy).
Fieberbrunn or Leogang for the Ski Circus, Kitzbühel, SkiWelt are all within range. All should be good at that time of year.
Then meet up at Zeffirelli’s for a bit of apres by the gondola.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy