Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

on the piste ?

Poster: A snowHead
mikeyfish and ksmeakin, I will send you both a PM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crazy_skier_jules, Alastair Pink, Unfortunately when you have a valuable commodity that everyone else wants then of course you are going to get inundated with requests for copies.

I can only admit that I am unfortunately no different to the rest of you and I unashamably request a copy if you could be so kind.

I can just remeber bits of it but I think I missed most of it.

I have to say probably 20 years ago I would have been in the slob group but as you get older don't you think we all start to tut at those we conceive to be lower than us.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, did you get the PM?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, hi, as with Super Eagle above, I would absolutely love a copy and will unashamedly beg if necessary!

My mum and I were desperately looking for it several years ago, and the BBC denied having any footage of it at all. However clips were used on Tuesdays 'Grumpy Old Men' so someone somewhere official must have it... It would be perfect if they did a re-run!

In the meantime Alastair, please, please, please, please, please.... Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mikeyfish, Yes, will be posting you the DVD later today. Will PM you also.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sarahjulie, I will PM You.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Martin Bell wrote:
JT wrote:
Remember the beginner Kevin in Soll..... made a pigs ear of everything...wonder if he is still skiing...?

I remember there was a lot of speculation at the time that "Kevin" might have been an actor "planted" into the documentary to add humour. The only real foundation for this theory was that no-one could believe that anyone could actually be that unco-ordinated...

Kevin, if you were genuine and are reading this, many apologies. I hope you learned to ski eventually and were not put off by that experience.

Kevin, if you were indeed an actor, now could be the time to step forward...
... Mcclean perhaps? wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
God, I can't believe that I've never seen nor heard of this seminal documentary. Surely we could bribe one of the satellite channels that only gets about ten viewers to show this for us?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink,

A Big thanks Alastair. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Got the disc this morning. Cheque sent yesterday to cover your costs.

Tried to PM you but I'm having a techno moment.

Please god someone show me how to PM.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Under the snowHeads banner click send/read messages
click on newpost (LH Side) and the rest is straightforward I hope.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks boredsurfin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink, Sorry to be a pain but I too would love a dvd copy please. Will gladly reimburse any costs incurred. Kevin could well have been real as we met a chap who returned to the same chalet for many years who was known as 'Mr Bean'. We did not believe the many accounts of his exploits such as failing to release at the top of a button lift many times, skiing across a restaurant balcony and splatting into the doors, taking out numerous lift queues etc etc. Then one day we met him at a lift and offered to let him join us on a four man chair. We carefully lined up together and shuffled through the gate. Unfortunately he failed to stop! We were gently scooped up by the chair and were gliding towards him when he turned with a startled look on his face and then proceeded to fall off the end of the platform as we sailed overhead. The last we saw of him he was trying to make his way back to the lift up a flight of stairs with his skis on!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
having just watched the DVD and laughed my socks off, There are now a few copies of this DVD in circulation thanks to Alastair.

If anyone requires a copy I would be happy to help so that Alastair doesn't become inundated with more requests than he can handle.

If anyone wants my help please PM me with your address.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Super Eagle, Thanks for your assistance!. I have actually PM'd finnbob regarding his request, but your assistance in future would be appreciated, as recently I have been somewhat "snowed under" with requests. Toofy Grin
I don't think Kramer's suggestion of getting one of the satellite channels to broadcast it is possible unless a broadcast quality standard copy is available from the unknown? copyright owner. Perhaps if anyone who now has a DVD copy is going to any future PSB or EOSB's they could take it with them and a viewing evening could be arranged for the assembled snowHead throng - should make for a good evening!! Shocked wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good Idea

I understand Crazy Skier Jules is going to PSB ( If her signature is anything to go by )and I am trying to make arrangements for EOSB.
ski holidays
Super Eagle or Alastair : Guess what? I hate to be a burden but I would love a copy too. Like SuperEagle I have copying facilities and would love to help with any future requests. Confused
snow report
Somersetskier,

Just PM me with your address details and I will send you a disk.
ski holidays
I dont suppose any one who has the DVD now would burn me a disk? Embarassed

I can copy DVDs and would also reimburse the costs - this documentary sounds like it needs to be seen!
snow report
Oasis13

If Alastair hasn't already responded then please PM me with your address and I will send you a copy.
snow conditions
Super Eagle, I am yes, but I have discovered my computer only copies CDs not DVDs, so I am cross Mad
I might see if a mate can do it
snow report
rizzotherock,

PM these details... don't publish them here
latest report
i thought that was what i was doing but something must have gone wrong. you,ll probably guess im new to all this!
snow conditions
don't worry, Just click on the scissor icon and delete the text you don't want.

Or a Mod will be along in a min and do it for you
ski holidays
rizzotherock, I'll Edit out your details. Then click on the Send/read messages link below the SnowHeads banner. Then it should be more straightforward. Just enter the username in the box, and post your message.
latest report
Helen Beaumont,

ignore my PM then, you're just too quick ..Laughing
snow report
thanks for your help, i will get the hang of all this soon i hope. great website by the way!
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, Assuming you received your copy from Alastair Pink as I have and everythings playing fine, if you don't have any luck contact me.
ski holidays
Hi everyone, I have just come across this site after weeks of searching for the video/dvd "On the Piste" I have searched all British TV channels web pages and even Tiger Aspect Productions web page all to no avail. Then I came across this site - goodness knows how (old people and technology don't mix according to my kids). Anyway when "on the piste" was first released my friend and I were going through real bad times and we watched it together with a bottle of wine, we have never laughed so much in our lives. We videoed it and through the years whenever things have got tough we have put the video on and it has never failed to do the trick. Unfortunately the video got stuck in the video recorder (probably due to overuse) and became unrepairable so we had to throw it away. It is my friends 60th birthday coming up and I would love to get her preferably a DVD or if not a video for her birthday present as it would bring back many memories for us. Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction as to where I may get a copy? I hope I have understood the website as I know nothing about skiing at all. Thank You Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wisteria55, Welcome to Snowheads (even if you don't know anything about skiing - neither do most of us!) wink

I can't help you with a copy I'm afraid, but someone will be along soon who can

snowHead
snow report
wisteria55, if you send me a PM, i might be able to help you out Very Happy

PS - to send me a private message, click "send/read messages" at the top right of your screen and click new post. Then type in my username and send me a message Smile
latest report
Or alternatively click this link = Private message oasis13

Welcome to snowHeads wisteria55 snowHead
snow report
wisteria55, If Oasis13 isn't able to help then you can also PM me your address details and I will send you a copy of the DVD.

Hope you get sorted in time for the birthday.
latest report
Super Eagle, Can I get a copy too please? Very Happy . I've lived in Söll for 15 winters and my wife for 25, so this is history for us. Will pay whatever you ask of course.
Many thanks.

Re Kevin; As a teacher of beginners for many years, and a filmmaker, beginners like Kevin are out there, but are few and far between. You couldn't rely on there being one there when you film for one week. If I had commissioned this film and the director hadn't planted a 'Kevin', I would have had his guts for garters. If I you had been Kevin, and a totally genuine beginner, would you have signed the release form?

Best Regards
snow report
skiday, sorry, but I WAS a 'Kevin' - my attempts to get UP the nursery slope on the moving rope thingy alone, were a source of huge amusement - I think tickets were being sold at one point. My regular assault on the rest of my class, lined up and waiting for instructions, became something like 10 Pin Bowling. Luckily as I'm only 5 feet tall and petite, I didn't break any bones (least of all mine) and they forgave me. Very Happy The 3rd Day rule about it 'clicking' was true in my case and I've never looked back wink
latest report
For those of you who have recently requested a copy of the disc you should receive it in tomorrows post.

Thanks for being patient.
snow conditions
Anniepen wrote:
skiday, sorry, but I WAS a 'Kevin' wink

I did say they were out there, but the question stands - would you willingly let the entire nation laugh at your exploits?

Glad to hear it got better though

Thanks Super Eagle. The disc is great. Very Happy

regards

Skiday
skiday.co.uk
ski holidays
Super Eagle, oasis13, Did wisteria55, get back in touch for the DVD? If so then no problem, but if not, I wondered if wisteria55, might have had problems getting back onto the site and an e-mail/PM might be required to help matters along. Little Angel
ski holidays
skiday,

Quote:

would you willingly let the entire nation laugh at your exploits?

Surely you have to be joking!! Shocked The current crop of dire reality TV shows is based ENTIRELY on this premise. I would imagine if people are prepared to go on telly and let the nation see how minging their homes are, or show what appaling parents they are, then Kevins exploits would seem pretty tame Laughing
ski holidays
Super Eagle,
Many thanks, I look forward to having a chuckle at this later today snowHead
latest report
OK. So now we all know about the programme 'On The Piste' there is now another programme that I have vague memories of that I would like to see again. It compared the learning style of a new age ski school in America and the traditional method in Austria (might have been Söll also). One scene that really sticks in my mind is when the American students are standing indoors and are being asked to close their eyes and visualise a turn and move their hands through the turn as if they were skis. Also the narrator said that tears were encouraged. The coach said to camera 'Oh yes we encourage crying as a way of letting out our frustrations.' - 'Meanwhile' the narrator continues - 'The only tears in Austria are the tears of laughter running down the faces of the beginners as the fall over each other.'

This could have been a stand-alone programme, or, thinking about it, it might have just been an item on 'The Snow Show' with Muriel Grey. Does it sound familiar to anyone else?

Cheers

Andrew - www.skiday.co.uk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy