Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back after a few years off.... Is this a fair deal? (Val thorens 4 person)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Not been skiing for a few years due having young children. I've got the chance to go skiing this season with a group of 4 work colleagues and was wondering if you guys thought this was a fair deal? Also is Val thorens a suitable resort for a group of guys all mid 30's...

Price: £850 per person.

Included in this price:

-Return Flights from Bristol to Grenoble
-Return SharedTransfers
-7 Nights Half Board Accommodation
-6 Day Val Thorens Ski pass

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could be cheap, or could be expensive - depends on the week and quality of the operator/hotel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Week is 26th July, it's a 4 bed apartment, fairly basic but has pool and sauna...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tomb, not sure you’ll get much use out of your ski pass in July...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing +1

But the pool might come in useful!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it a water-ski pass?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do they even have summer skiing any more?

I guess it is a 6 day lift pass - but at this time of year only suitable for walking / mountain biking etc ...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Embarassed lol

Should have said January...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VT in Jan could be pretty bleak.

Who is the TO?

You say it's an apartment but half board - is there a dining/lounge area?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seams reasonable to me, the flight and the lift pass will be similar whoever you book with, the transfers are only to get you to / from the resort.

The only variable is the accommodation and meals. Could be good, could be not.

VT could be bleak in Jan but it could also be the only place with snow. If its great snow then you can ski over to the other valleys if you get a 3V pass or upgrade on a day to day basis. There are enough bars and restaurants to go out to in the evening.

Even if the food and accommodation are crap, its only a week and you have a weeks skiing with the lads.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As someone who regularly books mid to late Jan hols (to other places) I think that's a good price. The only caveat is what 4 beds in the apt constitutes.... I have seen it as a double and bunks, two double sofa beds, two sets of bunks etc etc. All combos bar four single beds so if you are comfortable with that then fine. Yes it could be cold and bleak but so could most places (not the dolomites of course) that week
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Isn't that the time a lot of the UK universities descend on VT, or is is a week or so earlier?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@tomb, Here's a package operator that have great prices. They include flights, transfers, ski pass, accommodation etc. I've plugged-in your dates and details. But note I entered Sat 25th as your start date, and not Sun 26th, as there are very few packages that start on a Sunday.

https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/search?TransportType[0]=Flight&City[0]=760&Region[0]=52338&Country[0]=13&Mealplan[0]=hp&DepartureDate[0]=2020-01-25&Participants[0][0]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][1]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][2]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][3]=1989-03-20&Duration[0]=8-8&DepartureAirport[0]=BRS&sort=Price&Allocation=2&nResults=10

As you can see, their lowest price is £1,253pp including half-board. So £850pp is looking good. But as others have said, it all depends on the exact accommodation. Much of the accommodation in VT is terrible — small, old, run-down and dirty. Be careful you don't find yourself in a tiny studio apartment, with a sofa-bed in the kitchen/living room, and bunk beds in the hallway. They are very common and are sold as for 4 people. But I suspect, that at £850pp that is what you may get. But there is more and more better accommodation available each year.

VT is a fantastic resort, and I visit in early Jan each year. The big plus is that it is so snow-sure, as it's the highest resort in Europe. We have never been without good snow in all the years I have been going. Plus, there are lots of great bars and restaurants. You will have a great time. And almost all of the accommodation is ski-in & ski-out. You can also buy day-passes to hop over the top to Meribel and Courchevel.

Do ask if you have any more questions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tomb wrote:
Hi all,

Not been skiing for a few years due having young children. I've got the chance to go skiing this season with a group of 4 work colleagues and was wondering if you guys thought this was a fair deal? Also is Val thorens a suitable resort for a group of guys all mid 30's...

Price: £850 per person.

Included in this price:

-Return Flights from Bristol to Grenoble
-Return SharedTransfers
-7 Nights Half Board Accommodation
-6 Day Val Thorens Ski pass

Thanks!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy