Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted Norrona Lofoten Jacket and Pants in Men’s Medium

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for the the above for in men’s medium.

Or does anyone know of new kit with big discounts
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you checked the outlet on Norrona’s website? It’s just been restocked. You may need to register online to get access
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@roche1800,

If you take medium might be worth checking the arcteryx sale on sportpursuit as an alternative ~50% off, lots of medium.

Obviously not Norrona and you may be set on that.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@roche1800, You will be lucky to find anyone selling recent Lofoten gear as it brilliantly designed and well made. I know I won't be selling mine any time soon Very Happy

I doubt you will find jackets or pants new for anything below £400.

@Arno, Much of the Lofoten stuff in the outlet is L, and XL
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@roche1800, There is the Lofoten one piece suit in the outlet at 45% off if you want the jacket in trousers in one! Trousers only in L and XL at present and no jackets. They do add/change stock fairly regularly though.

I did get mine half price at the end of the 2018 season but did take quite a bit of searching and not selling it at the moment sorry!
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@roche1800, Blues ski shop (part of Tiso) have them on sale.

I have two pairs of Lofoten trousers. IMHO the best you can buy but I always find the Jackets not right for me. So I have this jacket (bought for £220 form Sportpursuit). https://www.sportpursuit.com/mens-couloir-pro-jacket-hurricane-blue

My preferred jacket is a Patagonia powder bowl. I think both of these are better than the lofted jackets. All IMHO.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There’s a couple of decent Peak performance jackets which just showed up on Sports Pursuit at half price:
https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1653747?click=eyJxdWVyeSI6MTY3MzQsInBhZ2UiOjEsInBhZ2VTaXplIjo0MiwicG9zIjoyMX0=

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1533354?click=eyJxdWVyeSI6MTY3MzQsInBhZ2UiOjEsInBhZ2VTaXplIjo0MiwicG9zIjoxNn0=
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@roche1800, You're going to struggle getting Norrona Lofoten Pro I suggest, I bought a NLP jacket and 2 sets of NLP trousers 2 years ago, and another NLP jacket last season (which this one I subsequently ripped by a ski edge in a big fall and had to have repaired by Norrona...don't ask). I could see the newer stuff coming though was not as good imo so snaffled a stock for my stock cupboard.....that said I've also since bought a really decent pair of top end NF ski trousers last season which are lighter fabric and i've been wearing these quite a bit, I forgot my ski trousers one trip so had to run out and buy a pair at great expenses high season on arrival in resort..... rolling eyes

So i've got a pair of NLP trousers mid blue/ with green zips never worn I'd sell if that'd help you out, but the thing is they are a L. Been to the Alps a couple of times but much to their frustration never left my bag and remained on the subs bench, they are as new c/w green bibs/ black braces etc. My others that i've been wearing as my go-to pair are mid grey with green zips, worn 5-6 weeks and they'll last until about 2075 based on the lack of surface wear/ rub on them despite taking a fair amount of abuse.....excellent kit.
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The upcoming season (19/20) will be the current Lofoten design last colour update before a new design will be launched in autumn 2020.

Should be very good discounts at the end of the season if you can wait or see what the new design will bring (new gore tex pro, more pockets????).
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cotswold Outdoor have some Lofoten Pro trousers with £200 off in medium which isn't a bad price?
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spoon wrote:
The upcoming season (19/20) will be the current Lofoten design last colour update before a new design will be launched in autumn 2020.

Should be very good discounts at the end of the season if you can wait or see what the new design will bring (new gore tex pro, more pockets????).

Good info! Thanks. May I ask how you know this?
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DrNo, good spot......I prefer the contrasting zips of the older ones personally.....

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/norrona-mens-lofoten-goretex-pro-pant-H1214050.html?colour=94
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, I think those are the light versions based on the price but I agree they are not labelled as such

Was actually meaning these ones with somewhat contrasting zips but not as per the previous version

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/norrona-mens-lofoten-pro-pant-H1214049.html?colour=104
latest report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:

Good info! Thanks. May I ask how you know this?

Unfortunately I spend too much time and money at my local Norrøna store. Staff are very helpful and share a lot info about the products and ranges. Just info I’ve picked up on by talking to them:

All their flagship skiing product ranges (Lofoten, Lyngen, Røldal and Tamok) have a minimum 3 year design life cycle with new color updates every year (some colors like black/grey maybe kept for more than 1 year).

You can find which year the product was introduced by looking at the model number on the label and website (eg: 1601-17) with the last two digits after the dash indicating the model year.

The current Lofoten range was introduced in 2017, Lyngen and Røldal in 2018 and Tamok gets a new design for 2019.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy