Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CARV ski system

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wondered if any snowheads had tried this out yet? I know it was released back in 2017 but I only just saw an article about it and have only been able to find one youtube review that was not a promo but it seemed pretty positive.

I'm trying to drum up some potential ski purchases to take my mind off the summer rolling eyes

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 30-07-19 16:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Search CARV and there is s a thread about it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've read quite a bit, the summary of many reviews is that it seems to have great potential but it wasn't quite there yet since there were too many issues still
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waiting for the android version later this year...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got them and splashed out £40 to get a 2 year old iPhone SE from this website.
I telemark and mostly not on the terrain they are designed for - blue/red on piste. Nevertheless, the analysis is quite interesting.
Fore and aft balance - but as telemarking not sure how useful.
Turn similarity left and right - quite useful.
Edge angle similarity and max edge angle.
G force.
It certainly picks up when one is skiing lazily.
I've only used them in free ski mode, not yet tried the tutorials. Maybe next season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
colinstone wrote:

It certainly picks up when one is skiing lazily.

Maybe I should acquire an iPhone and take my CARVs out of their box after all..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
do bear in mind that if you boot is fitted tight, that adding this plate will affect the fit, we have had a number of people needing us to make modifications to fit these things in, and a few people arriving wioth them wanting a boot to fit around their foot AND the carv plate... its nice data but is it really needed/wanted

please folks, just buy a ski lesson
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree, it does reduce the volume slightly. In my case, telemark boots are generally a comfort fit as the billows prevents blowing out the shell. The Carv has made the overall fit slightly snugger which is great, but leaving enough toe waggle room.
Ski lessons - yes as Carv can't teach you to recognise good dynamics.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy