Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier apartment for a month

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to rent an apartment for the month of January (after the Christmas holidays, before February holidays). Does any snowhead have an apartment, know someone with an apartment or could point me in the right direction to find an apartment for this period of time?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@conor90, Try Chalets Direct and put something on their Long Stay Notice Board. https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/category-view.asp
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@conor90, I can probably help, I have a number of mates who rent accommodation - how big, whereabouts and what's your budget?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you’re on FB probably worth a post on here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/322363224774790/?ref=share
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We get this sort of request passed on by our agency (for a longer rental) at least once each season, usually with an expectation for a discount. If I were you, I'd just email a few Agencies in Verbier with your request, also asking whether this would get you a discount, and if so how much, and see what comes up. Getting 4 solid weeks booking is attractive enough for most owners to consider a discount of some sort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steve Sparks, sorry for the late response. Sleeps between 3 and 5 (I haven't confirmed numbers yet but basically I can arrange my group size to fit the best apartment!). Ideally in Verbier itself, we will be working remotely and plan on using the Mountain Hub coworking space. So I would say within 2km of the centre. Budget is really as cheap as possible but somewhere around €2500 (depending on size, more for 5 people). I realise this budget is stretching it for Verbier but I'm doing some research early to see what's possible.

Thanks for the other links and suggestions, I'll check them out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don’t think it will be possible to find a 4 person apt for that money for a month in Verbier during the winter season. Probably not even in Le Chable. Maybe in one of the surrounding villages but you’ll need a car to get to Le Chable and up the gondola
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@conor90 Just to give you an idea of local prices - This last season, our 68m² two-bedroom apartment in the Verbier satellite of La Tzoumaz would have been €3,100 to €3,530 for 4 weeks starting after New Year, standard price (the week immediately after New Year week is significantly cheaper, hence the range). Getting a 5th person in is do-able, but 4 people is more comfortable. So I think that your €2,500 is, unfortunately, unrealistic for Verbier, which traditionally exacts a 30%+ premium on Satellite rates. You probably could negotiate a discount for 4 weeks, perhaps 10%-15%, but this still comes outside your budget. Still worth researching the Verbier Agency Websites but if you don't have any luck, I suggest you post back and ask for suggestions: there are alternatives but they depend a lot on what your priorities are e.g. nightlife vs skiing vs on piste vs Mbps etc and you'll have to compromise in a couple of areas.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The most important thing, while still being in the greater Verbier ski area, is (fast) internet connection. We will be working remotely while there so this is essential. I see that La Tzoumaz has a co-working space, so that could be an option.

What are the internet speeds like in general in rentals?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@conor90, ours is ok and I’m able to do video calls through it but we didn’t go for the cheapest option which I suspect most rentals do. This is the local provider so you may be able to upgrade at a cost if your owner agrees:

https://www.netplus.ch/en/internet/simple/solo-net-3655
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As @BobinCH, says, you pay for the internet speed. My husband works from home a lot and the internet is extremely reliable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The basic wired speed included in the Net+ TV/Broadband package in our apartment block is 10Mbps: It's actually more reliable than our VirginMedia fibre-to-house service at home in the UK. I uprated to 25Mbps for an extra £45/month because I needed to VOIP and use VDI etc. Yes, it’s pricey - but we’re up a mountain and our village is higher than the highest point in the UK, so that’s just how it is. We actually can’t get higher than 100Mbps, and that’d cost a fortune. Upload speeds are correspondingly slower as well, obviously. Our contract is for minimum 6 months so I doubt whether an owner would be interested in upratimg just for you, unless perhaps you were willing to fund the upgrade cost for the whole 6 months (even then, they'd have the admin hassle of changing the contract).

Basically, the Net+ standard 25/100/1000 offerings vary depending on where you are. I suspect Verbier has all three while our Satellite doesn’t get the fibre-based 1Gbps. Because the whole block is Net+ we get the base 10MBps 'free' with the relatively cheap cable TV subscription, so the scale of charges for us is not the same as the standard Net+ rates. It may be that if an entire apartment block goes for a faster/bigger package, the charges are lower - so as mentioned above, it's important to check exactly what’s on offer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy