Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing in italy 2020

Poster: A snowHead
My mother has very generously offered to look after my children for a week next winter while my husband and i go skiing. We don't have to go in school holidays Very Happy

my darling husband would like to go to italy. We have been to sauze d'oulx before and rather liked it. I wondered about the dolomites because everyone says it is so pretty.

Are there any recommendations? we are planning on going late January or march; we are intermediate skiers (ie we can manage any red and tackle all blacks but my husband with more style and grace than i do, we have done some easy off-piste stuff). previous resorts include: verbier, sauze d'oulx, Puy st vincent, Aussois, Les Arcs (we loved all of these) and Alpe d'huez (which we did not like). we have spent about 14 years skiing but only 1-2 weeks on holidays.
oh and we are cheapskates so very happy with self catering or even B&B as my hubbie rather fancies eating out in different italian restaurants Laughing

thank you for your wisdom and help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Dolomites.
"Pretty" doesn't do them justice.
Loads of relevant threads on here so search away. I would recommend that you chose one of the many towns with easy access to the Sella Ronda.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
San Cassiano. We took the kids but it would suit a couple who want to eat out fantastically. Or one of the other villages in Badia, Corvara, Colfosco or La Villa. Slight pros and cons between each village.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wot @agw said. Think about going to the snowHeads Pre Birthday Bash, or, If you can manage February, the Birthday Bash - you’d be staying in a hotel, but at a very good rate.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fly into Venice. A bit of romance there. Then take the cheap transfer to Arabba. Look at the Garni Bellavista (also used at the Snowheads birthday bash).
Skiing in the Arabba area should suit your preferences I think and there’s miles of other areas (and restaurants) to explore.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apparently there are still twin rooms available in the Portovescovo hotel for the Birthday Bash.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Book your time slot and wait for a deal.

We went to Cortina with Inghams this past March (23rd) for a week HB, including flights and transfers.

£349 per person

Awesome skiing, great holiday.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thank you so much for all your answers - will consider birthday bash but would be worried i am not up to the required standard Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@grey, I think you will find you are at the top end of ability - there is no standard
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@grey, trust me, you'll be fine. My friend and I were beginners, having only ever skied in a Snowdome (50 hours), when we went on the Birthday Bash in 2018. It was out first time on a mountain rolling eyes . We got on fine. snowHead Did the same bash this year and are booked on next year's BB. snowHead snowHead There are people of all standards - pootlers, real speed merchants and all levels in between. It's up to you who you would like to ski with. You can ski with different people each day if you wish. The real plus is you can team up with people who know the area inside out; which is a big help because the ski pass covers 1200km of piste Shocked Toofy Grin . Some of the Snowheads are renown for the guided excursions and knowledge of which rifugios serve the best food for lunch.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@grey, I think you will find you are at the top end of ability - there is no standard

+1
There is no standard
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Champoluc..nice and quiet, hotel de champoluc .ski to door with Inghams....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or staffal with crystal
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dolomites definitely. I have wanted to go for years, we went to Val di Fassa last year and it was beautiful. Great skiing, italian prices and hospitality and the scenery...... we're gojng again next year
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@grey, +1 for the Dolomites. If you prefer apartment and eating out, then one of the larger villages/towns on or near the Sella Ronda circuit.

Plenty of info online and threads on SnowHeads as a guide.

snowHead
ski holidays
Another thumbs up for the Dolomites and the Sella Ronda. Don't get too hung on doing the tour though, each village is worth exploring as they all have great skiing.
snow report
Sella Ronda for a big ski area, Arabba has my favourite pistes, preferred the bars in Selva.
My favourite resort is Madonna. Not as big as the Sella Ronda but plenty for a week. Great mountain restaurants & aprez.
snow report
+ 1 for the Dolomites. Make sure you have plenty of space for pics on your camera device. The views are stunning.

Selva might suit better than Arraba

Note that the tourist office in Arraba runs a transfer coach which needs booking.

If you are rolling your own Ryanair works for Innsbruck and Verona
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy