Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes boot fitter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all,

Long time lurker and making first post to look for boot fitting advice in Tignes.

I see a lot of posts saying Nevada sports is the place to go, but also seen some saying that last season was his final one?

Has anyone had any experience with Mountain Story? They have good reviews online.

Any other fitters worth checking out?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jo jo at nevada sports is very good if a bit of a character but he does know his stuff
Guy Claret at sport 2000 very french also but good
Jo jo my choice surprised if he is retiring as I understood his divorce meant many more years of work to recover from poor chap!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MonsterCalzone, another vote for Jo Jo @ Nevada from me too. To echo the other comments, he certainly is a character! Make sure you book an appointment in advance as he didn’t do walk-ins when I dropped by.

If you’re getting footbeds he’ll ask you to ski in your new boots for at least 3 days before you return. Worth taking into consideration if you’re on holiday.

Hopefully he’s not retiring as suggested!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jojo at Nevada is great but can tend towards the racer. I have used Jean-Charles at sport 2000 the last twice. He speaks more than enough english. Just walk in and ask for him. He used to run a separate shop for Guy, they consolidated last year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jojo is a bit of a legend in France. He fits many of the national squad. He's incredibly grumpy, expensive and brilliant at his job.

He has done my extensive work for my GF and was my first choice when I wanted some beds for my snowboard boots. These are like nothing else I have ever had fitted and he does something with the ball of the foot area that makes them feel fantastic. I wanted him to do my ski boot foot beds so I'm hoping he hasn't retired.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used Nevada/JoJo a couple of seasons ago for some new foot-beds. As others have said he initially presents as a stereotypical grumpy old Frenchman, but as the appointment continued he lightened up and between our pigeon French and his (much better) pigeon English we had a pretty fun visit. At the end he even gave us a guided tour of his collection of antique torture instruments (AKA old ski boots on the top shelf!)

Not cheap, but I can honestly say that my boots could now almost be described as comfortable.

Was out there last year with my Sister and her sprogs. She was moaning all week about her boots and I said go to JoJo. As usual she ignored me. Then midweek we booked a guide/lesson and she started whinging to the instructor about her feet. He said - go see JoJo. I smiled - could have saved several hundred Euros on the lesson if you'd listened to me Happy

It'd be a loss for Tignes if he's retired. There are other characters around - such as the Grumpy barman in the 'Flags bar' (La Savouna) allways makes me laugh - but that's for another thread.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:
Jojo at Nevada is great but can tend towards the racer. I have used Jean-Charles at sport 2000 the last twice. He speaks more than enough english. Just walk in and ask for him. He used to run a separate shop for Guy, they consolidated last year.

Jojo did a great job for me - a confident recreational skier. That was about 5 years ago and the boots are great. He works by small changes - go and ski with no tweaks (other than basic canting), ski again after tweak 1 - repeat to tweak 4 (in my case) - perfection! The first tweak was scoring through the outside of the tongue in long lines - he only told me that at the end! Tweak 2 was to put my old footbeds in. Can't remember the other 2!
Perhaps service would not have been so good if the racers were still getting set up for the season?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Judwin wrote:
initially presents as a stereotypical grumpy old Frenchman, but as the appointment continued he lightened up and between our pigeon French and his (much better) pigeon English we had a pretty fun visit.

Yep, that's my experience too, though I did make a point of telling him I'm Irish. It always seems to help, can't think why. Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow thank you so much everyone for your replies. I will look to get booked in with JoJo.

Does anyone know if there is an email, as it would be hard for me to call France from where I currently live?

Also, I am willing to pay for good boots and the right fit but does anyone have an estimate of the cost for boots and fitting? Would be looking for intermediate boots so nothing too crazy/expensive.

Thanks again everyone.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MonsterCalzone, there is no such thing as intermediate boots. Anywhere between 400-800 eur depending on your feet, weight and skiing preferences
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We used Precision Ski opposite Sherpa in Val Claret a couple of seasons back for my wife. Recommended but cant remember the name of the fella that did them so this probably not a particularly helpful post wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
you wont be using JoJo. This season just gone was his last. He's now retired or at least thats what he told me. Go just down the road slightly from JoJos place, theres walk through with a boot shop on the right hand corner. I cant remember the name of the shop. See Sandrine(fitted Glen Plake when she worked in Cham) shes as good as they come and less grumpy than JoJo.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mother hucker, that's a shame! Was hoping JoJo would be available but all good, Im sure I will find someone else who will do an awesome job!

If anyone has any recommendations other than JoJo that would be greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mother hucker, is that right? I just tried calling Nevada and the guy that answered said he was Jojo. He didn't sound very old or grumpy though so I'm not sure haha.

@MonsterCalzone, did you end up finding anyone in Tignes? I'm looking to get some fitted in the next few weeks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy