Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots Plastics - Blister Podcast

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been listening to part 1 of a 2 part podcast on Blister with Matt Manser from Atomic (who's also (onenerdykid on TGR) discussing the various plastics used in ski boot manufacture. Really interesting especially the stuff about temperature sensitivity and the price differences between the types etc. https://blisterreview.com/gear-101/a-very-deep-dive-on-ski-boots-part-1-plastics-ep-54

Whilst listening I kept thinking of the late great Spyderman as Brett would've loved geeking out on this stuff.

Part 2 out next week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coincidentally I just spent most of today driving to Mallow in Co Cork and back, 4hrs each way, and listened to Blister podcasts all the way, and this was one of them. I'm not really geeky but agree it's interesting. The whole series is pretty good - particularly enjoyed 1 with Jason Levinthal and 2 with Jed Yeiser of K2 and Line.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Part 2 on boot flex now out: https://blisterreview.com/gear-101/a-very-deep-dive-on-ski-boots-part-2-flex-patterns-ep-55
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just about finished Ep 1 , very interesting (I used to work in plastics a while ago, sadly in businesses that made food packaging and then pipes and guttering, not making ski boots, and far from the factory floor, occasionally looking at BOMs he talks about ) so brought back a few memories.

See , the colour does matter!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy