Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada Solo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@abc, please get your head out of your ass. We each have differing requirements and KH may not be suitable for more than a few days or so to some.

quote: "Kicking Horse doesn't have much in the way of moderate terrain. Everything is gnarly, super gnarly, or extremely gnarly. "
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gainz, if you can't ski steep, you shouldn't be going to Kicking Horse in the first place!

To dress up your failure in planning by labeling KH as "boring" is the ultimate "head in your ass" move!!!

Re-quote: "Kicking Horse doesn't have much in the way of moderate terrain. Everything is gnarly, super gnarly, or extremely gnarly. "

Yeah, a seafood restaurant is really "boring" for vegetarians, I give you that. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I can't fathom why "fernie, Kimberley, nakiska, kicking horse, and lake Louise" aren't enough for a few weeks. Even a season!

They are. I was simply answering the question. A pass covering all would be nice. However, I would agree that most peoples trips would be far better if they tried to visit less places and spent more time in each. Cheaper, less time driving, more familiarity with each resort (it takes a day or two to work out the lie of the land, another day or two to work out where the good stuff is).

Quote:

If you're a "cruise the reds" skier in Europe

Then you should stay in Europe. Europe is by far the better choice for piste skiers. In North America pistes are just used to access the good stuff and then get you back to the lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

I can't fathom why "fernie, Kimberley, nakiska, kicking horse, and lake Louise" aren't enough for a few weeks. Even a season!

They are. I was simply answering the question.

Got it. Very Happy

Quote:
A pass covering all would be nice. However, I would agree that most peoples trips would be far better if they tried to visit less places and spent more time in each. Cheaper, less time driving, more familiarity with each resort (it takes a day or two to work out the lie of the land, another day or two to work out where the good stuff is).

I agree with that 100%! Even if there's a pass that covers all the resorts, I would still focus on only 2-3 mountains at most. Sample the rest on the way to and from perhaps, but not driving all over the place just to say you've been there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:
If you're a "cruise the reds" skier in Europe

Then you should stay in Europe. Europe is by far the better choice for piste skiers. In North America pistes are just used to access the good stuff and then get you back to the lift.

Sadly, there're actually quite a lot of Americans/Canadian who enjoy "cruising the reds". They're stuck with inferior options in the wrong side of the pond. Their best choice were Vail, Park City, Whistler. Many of them never know there're much better skiing, FOR THEM, on the far side of the pond.

I see from time to time in American ski forums of American asking what's the best tree/bumps in Europe. I cringe reading the answers. They're really better off staying home.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is the iKon pass an option that helps?

The discount cards all have 1/4/7 day free and a discount off the standard day rate , can typically be purchased until Dec 31. Last year Sunshine had a black Friday offer and I think I paid 89. These cards also come with some other discounts. I would say the Hi hostel is a good option at lake louise.

The mid week passes also seem good value to me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy