Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: Junior race kit and skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My 12 yr old son is going to be starting to race train this summer / autumn in Switzerland.

This race malarkey is all new to him and me (he's a ripper off and on piste and comes rando with me here in Chamonix), but as he lives with his mum in Cornwall he has never been to a local race club.

I'm after GS skis, 155+, poles with guards, shin guards, back protector and a catsuit. He already has SL skis - RC4's.

Is anyone selling their kids stuff?

Anything else I may need to get him (he has a lid and chin guard on the way)?

Thanks
Chris
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ChrisKernow, Have you talked to whoever will be coaching him ? They may not do much slalom with 12yo age groups.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rjs, yes thanks, hence looking for kit Smile
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ChrisKernow wrote:
Hi,

Anything else I may need to get him (he has a lid and chin guard on the way)?

Proper race gloves protecting fingers and knuckles would be a good purchase, goggles that fit his helmet and don't steam up, gum shield (unless you like dentist bills...don't ask!), removable race shorts if he is going to use the catsuit while training and depending on how they organise things on race days a bag to put all the stuff in.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Second the gum shield. Jnr just had a tooth smashed when a slalom pole got him!
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 gum shield. I have a row of chipped bottom teeth as a reminder!
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And make sure the helmet is up to the new FIS regs as it counts for all kids ages now for GS.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and a second job/remortgage/lottery win etc will come in useful.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How tall? I have some surplus leki poles + guards (new-unused) but they are 120cm so probably longer than he needs.

I also have some leki shin guards + adult small slytech back protector

Suitability would depend on his size.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all - doesn't a helmet chin guard protect the teeth too?

Sledger - PM sent
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We didn't have helmets! The sequence was something like edge to rut, knee to chin, bottom teeth to top.
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ChrisKernow, my thought exactly.
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ChrisKernow, None of our kids use gum shields. All of them (apart from the very youngest starting out on stubbies) have chin guards for slalom.

If you’re in the Cham area, it’s well worth going to ski clinic in cluses, particularly at this time of year. They sell off second hand kit (I paid about €20 for some leki poles with guards), or do season rentals of race kit (enabling you to change size during the season). Their new kit prices are also excellent, typically 20% below what you’d pay in the UK at Bartlett’s or similar.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowdave, Thanks for that, very useful Smile
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ChrisKernow, have replied to your pm
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy