Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2026 Winter Olympics to be held in Italy

Poster: A snowHead
The IOC have today announced that the 2026 Winter and Winter Paralympics will be held in Milan and Cortina d'Ampezzo. Skating sports and ice hockey will be held in Milan, while most alpine skiing events will take place in the resort of Cortina. Other snow sports will be held in other venues in the Italian Alps, including Bormio and Livigno.

I expect this means that Cortina will be updating some of its lift infrastructure, which is welcome as some of the lifts are quite dated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alastair Pink, Cortina will also be hosting the 2021 Alpine World Championships so some lifts may get updated sooner.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank the lord its somewhere sensible at last.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I swear I heard an, apparently confused, Sky Sports announcer call it Cortina d’Ampedalo a little earlier Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Montana wrote:
I swear I heard an, apparently confused, Sky Sports announcer call it Cortina d’Ampedalo a little earlier Laughing

Sounds like he was all at sea..... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Swissie,

Totally agree and a truly gorgeous setting .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sensible??? From Milan to Cortina, that’s almost all of North-Italy!
In a nation that is virtually bankrupt, and whilst knowing that Olympics is never going to bring the promised return on investment....
Luckily in Tyrol/Innsbruck common sense prevailed. (Referendum resulted in vote against candidacy)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Italy is financially bust and the post-warming snowfall gets thinner every year.

The 2026 Olympics are gonna be skiing on boilerplate whitestrips and skiers driving themselves up the hill to the startgate Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They will have got it partly because the snow there is so reliable. It’s 100% man made and they will be able to prove decades of reliably sufficient race quality snow in Cortina in early February.

No need to worry these days whether nature will deliver snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Implications for the Birthday Bash !??!! Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swissie wrote:
Thank the lord its somewhere sensible at last.

Thank the lord it is not in the Arlberg! (For purely selfish reasons... Toofy Grin )
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ulmerhutte, thanks to the wise Innsbrucker voting against, otherwise Alpine races would have been in Kitz and St.Anton
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S wrote:
They will have got it partly because the snow there is so reliable. It’s 100% man made and they will be able to prove decades of reliably sufficient race quality snow in Cortina in early February.

No need to worry these days whether nature will deliver snowHead

Provided you don’t care how much ammonium nitrate is put into the runs. Makes for green grass in the summer, though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Sensible??? From Milan to Cortina, that’s almost all of North-Italy!"

Well, sensible as in not the Olympics in Qatar or North Korea or Mongolia, as is the latest record for the Olympics and World Cup
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"Sensible" in that it's going back to a traditional region, rather than a "non-sensible" destination such as Sweden. rolling eyes

That said, half the Swedes don't seem to want it. And that's partly the reason it didn't win.
ski holidays
Well clearly the event will be split between the two locations which works for me, don't need the alpine crowd mixing with the ice dance types and curling teams eh ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy