Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Buddies L'Alpe d'Huez 1st - 8th Feb(change of plan, going to Birthday Bash now)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would anyone be interested in joining myself, or myself plus one other on this week?

It would be at an amazing price. There are apartments that will take 3 or 4 comfortably for £420, on Airbnb and on Booking.com. I've not picked one in particular, but fairly central(ie easy walking to centre would be nice).

For myself, flights from Birmingham to Grenoble with Jet2, including ski carriage, are £149. Transfers via Bens buses are £50, and lift pass is £246, making the whole trip around £585 plus food and drink if 3 people shared an apartment.

I've done this several times before, and it's always worked out well.

By the way, we're not spring chickens anymore. I will be 59 at the time.

Steve

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 14-08-19 9:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you completly set on L'Alpe D'Huez? I am looking at people to go to Tignes with, and have access to a free apartment there. Here is the thread if you are interested or send me a message Happy

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=147970
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Amberski wrote:
Are you completly set on L'Alpe D'Huez? I am looking at people to go to Tignes with, and have access to a free apartment there. Here is the thread if you are interested or send me a message Happy

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=147970

Hi Amber. Well the week or place is not really set. I'm going to Austria on 29th Feb, so thought this was a good distance apart from that. I was hoping the two I'm going to Austria with, would also go on this trip, but one has decided to go on The Birthday Bash instead, and at the moment, the other is insure. He's getting in touch with another guy though, and if he fancies it - he may well go, so we'll have the minimum we need.

If it turned out that none of them were going, then I'd be just as happy to go to Tignes as Alpe d'Huez(well not quite - I do fancy A/D). I had a few days in Tignes, and really enjoyed it. Drove all the way there. Left early though, cos we had one full day of fog - then woke up to another.

So right now, I'm kind of in limbo, as you can hopefully understand. You're not too early to be looking though - our flights to Ausrtia had gone up when we booked them, to when we first looked at them.

It sounds like you live not too far from me, if you visit Tamworth Snowdome. I live in Ashby.

To be honest, if this fell through - I would have happily gone on the Pre BDay Bash - I thought about it last year. It's full though, and The Birthday Bash is quite a bit more expensive.

So I've written a lot, and answered very little. Basically, I'm still hoping for a friend and his friend to join me. In which, case 3 is enough - but if others said they were interested, I'd look for a bigger apartment. If he confirms he's not going, and no-one else shows interest, then I will need look for something. Also, as others have said, Tignes may not neccessarily be the best place to go. If I were a begininer again, but know what I know now, I'd really want to go to Soldeu in Andora. I simply love the place - and would gladly ski there at least my first 5 trips. Not only is it good value, the place is just buzzing. Trouble is, you're taking a big chance to book it, without knowing it has snow first, 'cos it's not reliable.

Anyway, I've probably just confused things more. I'm basically saying, a free aparment may be nice, but it's not the be all and end all - flights and transfer can easily negate the benefit.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy