Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 19/20 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@nozawaonsen, something large brewing for Isola next Thursday according to snowforecast. Can you confirm/deny? Would be perfect timing for my trip in 10 days time. They've had hardly any snow for 2 months, but are still reporting 90cm of piste depth at resort level - which is quite remarkable really considering.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very heavy rain again in Chamonix and Chapelle and other low areas in France.

The amount of rain in Europe this season is unprecedented.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@whitegold, it’s mental this year, agree I have just arrived in Saalbach and there is no snow in the village.

Think it will close in a few days as raining again on Monday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ribblevalleyblue, Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nozawaonsen wrote:
@snowmam, looking like potentially quite unsettled over that weekend (with fresh snow) then possibly calming down (with more sun). But at that range that is very low confidence.

Thank you
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
20cm overnight in the French Northern Alps, but largely above 1800 meters, heavy rain lower down. Should be a return to snow at mid altitudes on Monday (>1200).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right it’s Spring. The. Party. Is. On.

Actually if you want long sunny days (and who doesn’t) your going to probably have to wait to the end of the week, because between now and most likely then there’s some snowy days to come (and who doesn’t like them).

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 1-03-20 10:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mikeycharlton, a fair fall of snow seems to be on the cards for Monday for the French alps (could be flooding in lowland areas near the coast) and maybe some snow for the southern French alps on Thursday but not very certain.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Whitegold, chamonix low?

You really are stupid.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
munich_irish wrote:
@mikeycharlton, a fair fall of snow seems to be on the cards for Monday for the French alps (could be flooding in lowland areas near the coast) and maybe some snow for the southern French alps on Thursday but not very certain.

Yeah looks like some activity on Monday, and with Isola resort at 2000m, everything is forecast to be falling as snow.

The Thursday/Friday numbers have been scaled right back.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Watching this thread with interest.
Do you think there will snow around to ski at Easter ??
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Snowysarah, no doubt they'll be snow in some places all the way into May. I guess it depends how the weather behaves over the next month, and where you're planning on going?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snowysarah, I can only speak for Verbier...but 100% there will be top to bottom skiing at Easter...and same percentage of extensive skiing to the end of April.

Not a shadow of doubt.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Easter skiing is much more reliable than Early January, at least for the high altutude north facing resorts.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for replies!
No idea yet. Will wait and watch the snow/coronavirus situation and book a few days beforehand...
2nd trip this year. Went to Champoluc at feb half term. Was glorious.
Previous easters have skied at tignes/Chamonix and Orelle.
Would love to do back to Italy but may not be possible given current events!
Otherwise back to Cham or will try Serre chevalier/ les deux alpes. Maybe even Austria!
latest report
Powder conditions at the 7 Laux today, here is the tot shredding the gnar. It was snowing at 1300 meters just now, heavy rain at 1100. Another 30cm forecast for the next 24 hours (perhaps 50cm further north) with the snowline fluctuating around 1300 meters according to Meteo France.

snow report
Absolutely hammering it down with wet snow/rain at GVA currently. Going to be some heavy snow higher up tonight.
ski holidays
Snow in UK on 01 March 1954.

https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/1234089753835819008?s=21

snow conditions
The wife was getting plastered with snow!

http://youtube.com/v/23xhS8BjOVI
snow report
@BobinCH, Laughing
ski holidays
@whitegold, how many resorts have closed today ?

I have applied suncream twice today in Saalbach, shocking as we couldn’t ski down the main street, wondering if it’s best to pack up and go home.

Remind me where do you ski?
snow report
When I left Cortina yesterday it was snowing intensely. Lot more to come today and tomorrow. After almost three months of more or less no snow it must be a big relief to finally receive some decent amount of snow.

Have to say I am impressed by how well they had kept the snow in the Dolomites. A lot of artificial snow, but given how little snow they have received, they really do magic works. Did some off piste but was challenging . A lot of rocks down the bus di tofana, but still found it great spring skiing.

Looking forward, it seems to be New storms entering. Although we will still have a positive AO index, low pressures find it ways to the central/south. At the middle of the month, we might see more high influence, but too early to tell. Might be a season of very good conditions in the beginning and in the end.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 2-03-20 8:24; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Looks like Snowmagedon in the week ahead for the Western alps followed by what could be a sensational mix of powder and sunshine w/c 7th March.
snow report
The 7th is my arrival in Zermatt, my £10 each way bet looks like being a good one. Cool
snow conditions
ribblevalleyblue wrote:

I have applied suncream twice today in Saalbach, shocking as we couldn’t ski down the main street, wondering if it’s best to pack up and go home.

Lots of Austrian resorts don't have snow in the village for large parts of the season, especially as it is now March ... it's not really where you need snow. Shame you can't ski down the main street though....
snow conditions
@mikeycharlton, they're having a good lot of snow now and I'll be there Wednesday snowHead the end of the week's forecast is breathing in and out at the mo, could be anywhere between a light flurry and a shed load! Will post back on the resorts section when we get there
ski holidays
Does anyone know what the snow's like in the Balkans atm please? Might have the chance to join a trip in a couple of weeks... Would take in Kosovo, Macedonia and Albania - which sounds epic, but it also sounds like snow is quite thin on the ground..?
snow report
In Courcheval village 1550 and it has been bucketing down with snow since about 1.30pm. Everyone went in so we had an amazing time. It was filling in all the runs this afternoon. This on the back of 15cm this morning, similar yesterday and a 50cm+ a few days before that. Very windy up top so 3V connections shut today but lots of great skiing locally. Tomorrow more snow Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So everything looks positive for the next few days up to about Saturday. How's it looking in FI as we get beyond that?
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
So everything looks positive for the next few days up to about Saturday. How's it looking in FI as we get beyond that?

https://wepowder.com/en/forum/topic/275413
Quote:
If we look beyond the weekend of March 6-8, then according to the American model we get a relatively cold and sunny week while the European model hints at first cold, then mild and then again a new storm cycle
latest report
@Handy Turnip, currently the suggestion is that central Europe is in for a period of "normal" to cooler weather though other parts of Europe might be unseasonably warm. probably will all change in a day or two. Maybe fairly dry after the next few days.
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
ribblevalleyblue wrote:

Lots of Austrian resorts don't have snow in the village for large parts of the season, especially as it is now March ... it's not really where you need snow. Shame you can't ski down the main street though....

@buchanan101, sorry you missed my joke that is @whitegold
latest report
clarky999 wrote:
Does anyone know what the snow's like in the Balkans atm please? Might have the chance to join a trip in a couple of weeks... Would take in Kosovo, Macedonia and Albania - which sounds epic, but it also sounds like snow is quite thin on the ground..?

Season has been a disaster in the North and Central Balkans.

We were in Bulgaria in February and it was ~80% artificial snow.

Southern Balkans have had an epic season.

Turkey and Greece got battered for weeks.

Kosovo (e.g. Boge) is being slammed by rain this week.

Resorts in Kosovo, Macedonia, and Albania are low.

Mid-March will be like low Austria. Green or slush.

Having said that... It has to be worth a trek for the novelty factor.

Do it.

ski holidays
@twoodwar,
Quote:

The 7th is my arrival in Zermatt, my £10 each way bet looks like being a good one.

March 8 for me to Z!
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:

Are you the one in yellow or white?
ski holidays
Right well I’ve Just about had it with this snow stuff. Thank goodness it’s ove... What!!?! More??

http://youtube.com/v/X70VMrH3yBg
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

Are you the one in yellow or white?

Why does no one have skis on?
snow report
@clarky999, Details of the upcoming weather in the Balkans https://www.severe-weather.eu/recent-events/warmth-spreads-across-the-balkan-peninsula-mk/ looks as if shorts and t shirts might be more useful than skis!
ski holidays
@BobinCH, you say yellow or white. I see yellow or turquoise. I s this one of those white/gold dress photos? Very Happy
latest report
March is the new January
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy