Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Itchy legs!

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else get itchy legs, down round where the boots have been, after a week's ski-ing? Any solutions / suggestions welcome!
snow report
 cran
cran
get a ski apartment that doesn't have fleas... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stephen buck, shave them before you start? and once or twice during the week?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep last resort shave your legs, unless you have worn your ski socks more than once without washing out, this will cause it. ( salt crystals from sweat grinds the skin and other fungal growths inhabit)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What are your socks made from? Make sure that they are long enough, soft enough and don't rub. Also, there should not be any play, so your legs shouldn't rub if they don't move! You might find it helps if you wear a thin pair of long socks underneath your ski socks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get your blood pressure checked.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Farley Goode, Now you've opened the box
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To clear it up try a gentle antibacterial skin wash morning and night, wear lightweight cotton socks and get your shoes off as often as possible. If its still itchy add an antifungal spray or cream after the skin wash.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shaving the legs doesn't work for me. Good moisturising shower gel (Aveeno), and emollient cream afterwards.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dettol and a wire brush
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stephen buck, you should take Farley Goode, advice
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sudocream, the cure for all skin ailments, medical gold dust
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
With few exceptions I find that wearing wool makes my skin itch. I would check what your socks are made of. Wool is wickable, but it might be making you itch. You could try a silk or cotton mix in the socks. I find some merino is OK, but it has to be very finely made. Just as an experiment you could try a pair of non wool socks.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

With few exceptions I find that wearing wool makes my skin itch

me too. My present favourite socks are thin silk (no room for anything thicker in my boots) and they are very non-itchy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Suffered for years and bought more and more expensive socks, only getting worse.
Have found that the cheapest polyester/ nylon combination ( 3 pairs for 9 euros in French supermarket) don't cause any itching at all and I can sleep!
snow report
wool cannot really wick inside a close fitting skiboot. As well as sudocreme, and as mentioned above, try putting a generous teaspoon of coconut oil in your bath. After, transfer the pot to the bedside and enjoy with your partner. It is very versatile stuff.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe try cycling chamois cream on your lower legs.
snow report
Use Veet (sorry, I couldn't resist)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R231U4ZG0YDNHD?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
@grancm, 8 years since the original post -- the OP is hopefully sorted !?!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy