Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck and Hintertux in Summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter (16) and I are visting Innsbruck shortly to do some day hikes, MTB (beginners), etc..

We may pop over to Hintertux for a day's skiing because, well I'm sure I don't need to explain why here.

Any recommendations / advice about visting Hintertux, for example, best time to arrive in the morning, whether weekends will be too crowded, any recommendations for ski equipment rental? Also recommendations for mountain bike rentals and is it worth booking a lesson?

Also, any other advice / suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@wsirhc, I’ve never been to Hintertux so I can’t help you there, but for mountain bike rentals try Die Börse in town or up at the bike park in Mutters. They have a decent selection, but it goes out fast on busy days so get in early. They might still be handing out skis, but I’m not certain – drop them an email, they all speak good English.

Yes, lessons are good but I’m not sure who you’d go to for that, sorry. It’s worth noting that if you haven’t cycled in the area before and are used to British trail centre gradings, expect them to be a level harder than the UK. Full face helmets and good padding are the norm.

Also, it’s hot here. Expect proper summer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If anyone is driving around Innsbruck over weekends this summer there is a newly introduced ban on toll evasion routes.

https://www.promobil.de/oesterreich-tirol-maut-umfahrung-landstrassen-gesperrt-wochenende/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wsirhc, Conditons up on the glacier look fairly ok right now. There certainly won't be any crowds. It's scheduled to be 38C in Innsbruck today so it will probably only be feasible to ski for a couple of hours in the morning.
https://www.bergfex.at/hintertux/webcams/c256/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the suggestions.

We're visiting next weekend, rather than this weekend so hopefully it will be a bit cooler by then.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's bloody hot!

There is a bike school at the Bikepark for lessons: https://www.bikepark-innsbruck.com/en/service/bike-schools-and-guides.html

Never skied Hintertux so no idea there, sorry.

If the weather is similar then to now, this may come in useful: https://www.innsbruck.info/en/sport/relaxation-and-wellness/swimming-outdoors.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wsirhc, go to Area47. Great water themed adventure park/area. Great fun.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wsirhc, the ski rental shop is right at the lift station either in the valley or at the top at Tuxer Fernerhaus lift station. I would probably go to the top as lugging your equipment up in 30+ degree heat is a pain (it’s called Nenner I think). Go as early as you can e.g be there first lift opening. By 11.30am it will be mush. Then go to the pool in the valley Smile

There are several great pools in the valley. Happy to give tips.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bennyboy1 wrote:
it’s called Nenner I think

It sure is. https://sportnenner.at/ - 15% off if you book online. I always get gear at the bottom (more choice) but depot it at the Tuxerfernerhaus.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
consider eMTB rather than skiing. It is not a cop out. You can go much further and higher and for longer - amazing views and despite the help you will still burn many more calories than you have consumed. enjoy, i love innsbruck.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Same as winter.

Catch 1st lift.

Catch last lift.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not long back from Innsbruck trip with daughter. We had a great trip (although maybe a ~17 mile hike the day before we went skiing probably wasn't our smartest move).

Thanks for everyone's tips - it made the trip a lot easier.

P.S. In the end we used Nenner for ski rental - it worked very well.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
if you go again consider the indoor climbing wall in Innsbruck. It is huge. Excellent place. When my daughters were younger I got an instructor for them, to learn how to tie on and belay (using a grigri) etc. He got my 7 year old to belay me and she was so small and light we had to tie her to the ground. I made a secret arrangement with the instructor that I would fall from half way up - and she arrested my fall on her own. NB the instructor stood right next to her so it was not reckless.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy