Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 2019/20 News Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Snow today on the Danterceppies webcam 11.30 3/11/2019, come on!!!!
https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Experience/Ski-areas/Val-Gardena/Webcam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some Alta Badia News: (translated)

Snowmaking and water reservoir expansion:

There is no lack of various interventions on the artificial snow front with the renewal of the one on the Sponata slope between La Villa and Badia, accompanied by a new pumping station at Plan Sponata.

In Corvara the Vallon pumping station is strengthened and the expansion of the Planac water reservoir from 40,000 to 60,000 m3 is planned to improve the availability of water in the area. Finally, on the Biok-Pralongiá II runway, action was taken to upgrade the programmed snowmaking system.

Other Changes

Among the other innovations we find in the La Villa-San Cassiano area the increase in capacity of the Ciampai 6-seater chairlift in San Cassiano, which increases from 2200 to 2400 p / h and the extension of the last section of the red Alting and Gardenaccia 2 slopes .

In Badia a new and easy variant was created on the Santa Croce slope to make the area more accessible to beginners, while in Corvara new chairs were installed on the Braia Fraida chairlift to increase comfort

News Link

https://www.skiforum.it/skinews/789-alta-badia-novita-2019-20.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone know if they ever plan to put a chair from bottom of Nives lift up over the road to link into Dantercepies gondola (in Selva)?

The button lifts Nives and Biancaneve are a nightmare for queues.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you all seen the snow due this week??? If it comes as forecast hopefully it will give a sufficient base to last until some proper winter snow
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sheffskibod, Too be fair these were only ever intended to serve the Beginners. Cant see them changing any time soon
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can anyone advise how to get by bus from Cortina to Alleghe? I understand there is a bus connection via Cinque Torri/Fedare?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GingerWizard, yes there is a bus connection between the rear of Cinque Torri (i.e Fedare) to Pescul, from where you can use the Civetta area lifts and pistes to ski all the way down to Alleghe. So it's perfectly possible to travel from Cortina to Alleghe by a combination of bus and skiing (bus from Cortina to front side of Cinque Torri, ski down rear side of Cinque Torri to Fedare, bus from Fedare to Pescul, ski from Pescul to Alleghe). However that's only possible if you don't have luggage with you, if you do then you'd probably need to use a taxi.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info. Does the bus from Cortina to Cinque Torri leave from the main autostation? We will be arriving by Cortina Express. We won't have luggage so plan to ski from Pescul
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a bus from the Olympia slope car park which I think runs between their and 5torre
There may be a bus the whole way but it’s more fun to ski as far as you can
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've never skied in Cortina before so given that we need to end up in Alleghe in the evening, where should we start?! Which is the best ski area to catch the relevant bus from? Is there a lift from the centre of town? Cortina doesn't seem that 'joined up'.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If I remember correctly you ski on the Tofana side to a layby where the free ski bus takes you to the cinque Torri lift. The Tofana lift goes from near the ice skating rink, there will be a small ski bus from main bus station or you can walk, 10 min.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@GingerWizard, For information here is last year's timetable for the Fedare to Pescul bus service (it's bus service No. 2 on the map and timetable information). You'll see that there's also a bus service shown on the map as No. 3 that leaves from the Cortina bus station that stops at the Socrepes and then Pocol ski areas of Cortina and goes on to Cinque Torri. Smile If you've not skied at Cinque Torri before then I recommend spending some time there on your journey, it's a lovely little area, very quiet with stunning scenery and an excellent restaurant (Rifugio Averau) at the top, an ideal lunch spot. Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
there is a Bus transfer service from Airport to Alleghe

https://www.dolomititransfer.it/en/Step1.aspx

Which is you airport of arrival ?

----- Should add, I've never used it ----
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are spending some time in Venice & then hoping to ski around the Cortina area staying in a few different places. Got somewhere booked on piste near Alleghe for our second night
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GingerWizard, Ok, Gotcha..
ski holidays
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/alta-badia/webcams/
you can see the new stella alpina lift here
latest report
HugoC wrote:
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/alta-badia/webcams/
you can see the new stella alpina lift here

Well spotted!!. So looks like the acess to the lift is right beside the access to the Forcelles chair. Hope it doesn't create a busy bottleneck there with people accessing both chairs!!
ski holidays
It will certainly be busier in that area but I think it will be safer as there won’t be beginners crossing the piste to get the button.
Let’s hope it stays nice and cold over the coming months - I go in feb and last year it was very warm and I do so hate spring snow.
To all reading this they are opening early, so if you’re commitment light get yourself out there ASAP (no way I can unfortunately only 5 more years of school though..)
ski holidays
Crystal do Corvara/Colfosco ??

Came across this in a Colfosco 'search'

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/search/?destination=ITA_CRV&dep=LON,MID,NOE,SCO,SOE&date=20200229&flex=flexible&dur=7n&passengers=a2&p=1&s=our-picks

The resort doesn't appear in the Main page, so not sure what is going on - but you appear to be able to book a holiday …..
ski holidays
@albob, yes they do, for a few years now. It's two clicks from the main page.
latest report
HutToHut wrote:
@albob, yes they do, for a few years now. It's two clicks from the main page.

DOH..... My Bad --- I was just looking at the initial list where it shows 7 Italian resorts ::
snow conditions
So, it does look like on Alpe Di Siusi, they have created an alternative easier slope through the trees to avoid the black off the Mezdi wall.
The new slope is to the left of the top of the Mezdi chair as you look uphill. It goes through the trees, then veers sharp left and then right onto the original track down to Sanon hut.
The top section of the orignal track to Sanon, which veered right off the black slope, now looks closed.
From the new slope, where it veers right to Sanon, I cant see if you can still go down to the bottom of the Mezdi and Sonne Chairs; but I guess you still can!!
snow report
jimmybog wrote:
So, it does look like on Alpe Di Siusi, they have created an alternative easier slope through the trees to avoid the black off the Mezdi wall.
The new slope is to the left of the top of the Mezdi chair as you look uphill. It goes through the trees, then veers sharp left and then right onto the original track down to Sanon hut.
The top section of the orignal track to Sanon, which veered right off the black slope, now looks closed.
From the new slope, where it veers right to Sanon, I cant see if you can still go down to the bottom of the Mezdi and Sonne Chairs; but I guess you still can!!

Hmm. I don't see it on the map but perhaps the one on the Alpe di Suisi site is outdated. But that would solve the main problem in that sector. (not a problem for me, but for beginners who want to access the rest of the alpe from the cable car...)
ski holidays
Pasigal wrote:

Hmm. I don't see it on the map but perhaps the one on the Alpe di Suisi site is outdated. But that would solve the main problem in that sector. (not a problem for me, but for beginners who want to access the rest of the alpe from the cable car...)

You can see it on the Goldknopf/punta de oro webcam, if you zoom closely towards the mezdi slope. You can see a new cutthrough through the trees on the left.
ski holidays
If it is the one you are talking about, it shows on the DolomitiSuperski 3D map
latest report
If you still have the blue and orange app don’t delete to ‘upgrade’ to the new one, it’s utterly useless, and the map is pants
snow report
@jimmybog, I think i see it, although there's some ice on the cam. Will be checking it out when we're there in early Feb. for sure.

I love Seiser Alm but just wish there were some harder runs. But I guess you take what the terrain offers...
ski holidays
Talking about the 3D windows app, which I find brilliant, has anyone else found that it now shows all the pistes as closed?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@olderscot, it is because it is no longer supported. They have brought out a new app which is useless by comparison- I’ve emailed them 3 times but they have assured me the new app is better - I can assure you it is not...
down load the new one and see for your self. It had important pistes missing too.
I have explained to them that they have. Removed some of the excitement in the build up to a holiday.
They have removed a lot the functionality and added points of interest ie paid for listings for shops etc. Rather than focuses on what the user wants.
I think they have also built in more of a ski tracks too. Which you can of course get else where. I have an email address of on of the developers let me know if you would like it so you can complain to them too.
ski holidays
Further to that is you try a simple route say from Arabba to borest it says there is no route... I think that want you to plug in your pass to get access to things
With rewards for the longest fastest etc - but like Tesco club card it has nothing to do with the customer all to do with then getting management data - you may have gathered I’m not impressed
ski holidays
@HugoC, I have never yet found a truly usable ski area app. I also don't feel like taking out my phone on the lift etc. It's bad enough that my wife and kids constantly text me with nonsensical questions while I'm trying to "get away from it all." snowHead

I also am a bit old school in that I love "traditional" ski area paper maps, even though they're horribly distorted in terms of perspective. I like trying to puzzle out ways to get from point a to point b by myself.
snow report
albob wrote:
If it is the one you are talking about, it shows on the DolomitiSuperski 3D map

Aha, I will check it out tonight!!

Reagrding the new App, lots of complaints on the Dolomites Italian ski forum. Mainly regarding the new map. They say the previous 3D one was much better!!
ski holidays
HugoC wrote:
If you still have the blue and orange app don’t delete to ‘upgrade’ to the new one, it’s utterly useless, and the map is pants

Luckily for me I'm still on IOS 10 and the new app requires IOS11....
ski holidays
I agree on the new app. I got hopeful that the offline maps would be pdf copies of the paper ones but was very disappointed
latest report
There are now three new webcams on Alpe Di Siusi; or at least I think they are new as I have never seen them before!!

Link below, shows the cam at the top of the Mezdi chairlift. And as I reported last week, you can see the new easy slope off the top of the chair that cuts through the trees!!

http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?cam=6218&design=v3&c0=0&c2=1&lg=en&s=0
snow report
Evening all

Counting down the days to our first ever Dolomites trip! We are very excited!

We are staying in Penia in the Val Di Fassa so our main access points will be the two lifts out of Alba (the Ciampac and the Col Di Rossi). How are the lift queues in the morning generally? We are going end of Jan so outside of any school holidays etc. We generally always try to get to the lifts for between 830-9 anyway.
latest report
Last year at the same time there was no queues at all around that time.
ski holidays
@Fridge03, I find avoiding the Ski School meet times works (in any resort..) - 09.30 to 10 ?

And where you are, you have the choice of two! (the base stations are only a few feet apart)
ski holidays
@Fridge03, One's a double decker that takes about 150 punters (up to the Sella Ronda) and the other's an old 'cable car' thing that (towards Pozza)

The latter can have a wait in the afternoons as Val di Fassa skiers return home but otherwise they're normally quiet in my experience
latest report
@red 27, They replaced the cable car a couple of years ago. It is now a 10 person gondola :: no more racing the cable-car down the Alba Black.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy