Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS Rock the Pistes 2020 dates?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My ladies who ski fancy shifting our usual early March Morzine trip a little later in 2020 to catch the Rock the Pistes festival, so we are holding off booking accommodation and flights til we have definite dates for the festival in 2020.

Does anyone know roughly when the dates get published?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google Rock the pistes 2020 and you will have your answer
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doh! I'm sure that wasn't there last time I looked! Thank you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you been to Rock The Pistes before @brokenbetty?

I only ask because I happened to be there during it this year and it's worth checking out this year's schedule because the on-piste stuff was really spread out.

Won't make that much of a difference if you're more interested in the stuff going on off the piste though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd also recommend having a look at this year's ticketing information too

My mate and I were only over for 5 days, 3 of which coincided with concerts and we were able to get 2-4-1 tickets for, which were a steal.

Not sure if it works out cheaper than the 7 days for 6 offer they also had going on if you're there all week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for the advice Very Happy I will make sure I manage expectations along those lines.

I don't think we are really that bothered about who we end up seeing. We don't even recognise any of the 2019 acts Embarassed Plus we've got at least one beginner who will struggle getting any distance beyond Morzine / Avoriaz.

It's more something different to hang the trip off and give the less ski-obsessed ladies a bit of variety. So I reckon if we see a couple of the off piste acts in Morzine and maybe manage one on-piste, everyone will call that a win snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Much to my surprise, I did know one of the acts: the lead singer of a French band called Louise Attaque who I discovered during my year abroad (twenty years ago Embarassed )

Unfortunately, his concert was the one cancelled due to strong winds. Thankfully we found out before we started making our way there.

I paid a cursory visit to Offenbach's DJ set, and the setting was pretty cool, but as a devoted clubber of the late 90s / early 2000s, I struggle not to go all "grumpy old man" about modern dancing equating to nothing more than fist pumping and crowds only showing signs of life because an MC told them to.

So I soon buggered off to lovely quiet slopes and left my friend to it Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jebroni3_16 wrote:
I struggle not to go all "grumpy old man" about modern dancing equating to nothing more than fist pumping and crowds only showing signs of life because an MC told them to.

But it's your duty to go grumpy old man when confronted with young-'uns music.

The way I see it, if their music makes sense to someone my age, they're doing it wrong Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@brokenbetty,
The most easily accessible on-piste venue from Morzine is by Le Vaffieu restaurant, billed this year as Les Gets-Morzine which is where FEU! CHATTERTON played on the Monday. Le Vaffieu is close to the top of the three chairs, Telesiege de Fys, Telesiege Belvedere and Telesiege Folliets du Golf.

As for the music, the most charitable I can be is that it was fairly typical French pop. The good thing about Rock the Pistes is that with all those people listening to music most pistes are even quieter but then again I am definitely a grumpy old man.

The best music I heard that week I was sat on the Charniaz chair with a young French boarder who had Hendrix blasting out from his sound system
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timc wrote:
The good thing about Rock the Pistes is that with all those people listening to music most pistes are even quieter but then again I am definitely a grumpy old man.

Glad to know it wasn't just me then Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So turns out the dates floating around in April were wrong, the actual date has just been released.

Luckily I was too busy to book accommodation yet
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy