Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folgarida

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have done a few away days at Madonna di Campiglio when staying in Passo Tonale, and liked the area so have a group of 10 booked for Folgarida in January 2020. Staying in Hotel Caminetto.

Tell me everything you know about the area and village. Mountain eateries, bars etc......
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Folgarida is very quiet, a dormitory village for the ski area. In addition to whatever bar is in your hotel the main apres-ski venue is the Eta Beta Bar which is right by the bottom of the gondola so convenient for a drink at the end of the ski day and as a rendezvous point for your group. There's a nice pasticceria and a pizzeria next to the Eta Beta, just a short walk from your hotel. Other than that, not much to do in the evening.

If you've stayed in Campiglio you probably know the ski area already. The Folgarida area is linked fairly seamlessly to the wider area, so I've always considered it a single area. It's an easy ski from the top of the Folgarida gondola across to the Campiglio side, perhaps 20 minutes. There used to be a lift queue bottleneck to return to the Folgarida side, but a new fast chairlift has improved that. The slopes directly above Folgarida are nice. The nursery area is at the top of the gondola and offers a good starting ground for any news skiers in your group. There's an easy black underneath the gondola back to Folgarida, and a couple of easy pistes (one red, one blue IIRC) down towards your part of Folgarida or the main part of the village.

Mountain restaurants are generally very good, one of my favourites anywhere is the Cascina Zeledria. Stupendous views from the panoramic window in the upper dining room. The Malga Vigo is also nice, with a large terrace and great views midway between Folgarida and Campiglio.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Cascina Zeledria Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tubaski, @rob@rar, Shhhhhhhhh.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers folks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where is Wayneo when he is needed? Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
There used to be a lift queue bottleneck to return to the Folgarida side, but a new fast chairlift has improved that. .

Whilst it's no where near as bad as it used to be when I was there year year, based out of Madonna there was still a huge scrum from around 3:30pm onward for this lift. Having said that it's a huge improvement to what it was like before it was replaced.

Wayne was still there this year and does a great job promoting the area
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Folgarida has some nice variety of runs for beginner-to-advanced, don't think for an expert it would be massively challenging, even the (sort of famous) Nera di Folgarida is a nice black that my wife did few times and she's more an intermediate level.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp wrote:
Where is Wayneo when he is needed? Very Happy

Hes a friendly bloke on the blower. Give him a ring at Brentski, he might share some info.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
that's http://www.brentaski.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt wrote:
that's http://www.brentaski.com/

Maybe my user name should be nbt!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Hotel Alaska on blue 2 down to the gondola has a very nice piste side terrace grill and bar.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Refugio Orti always used to be rather good. Charming, good food and a super fireplace if it’s a bit chilly!

There used to an absolute dead-ringer for Gina Bellman (Coupling) in the Eta Beta. She (the barmaid in the Eta Beta) obviously had no idea who Gina Bellman was. A faintly amusing conversation
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just signed up to a school family ski trip to Folgarida next Feb half term. Will be strange not organising everything myself and driving down but hopefully a nice change. Anyone stayed at the Kapriol? It looks to get good feedback on TripAdvisor which is a good start. Lunch recommendations above duly noted, thank you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy