Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Championships in Meribel... latest news, updated daily

Poster: A snowHead
... are now under way. Perhaps not quite the same degree of excitement as the World Cup Wink but for those interested in finding out a little about the next Alain Baxters and Chemmy Alcotts coming through the ranks, Neil (racerready) and I will be following developments over the next three weeks, between the Junior and Senior races taking place this week, the English championships in Puy St Vincent, and finally the Children's championships back in Meribel the week after.

A few articles already up....

Jo Ryding: All clear to ski on blue and green slopes after injury
Ed Drake in resort but not to race!
So - who are the next generation?
Alcott suffers broken thumb prior to British Championships
Day one of Downhill cancelled as warm weather hits

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 28-03-06 21:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like it's being badly affected by the weather - AGAIN !!!!!!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kuwait_ian, snow today, and rain to 2500m forecast Thursday and Friday!!! Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, Global Wierding again rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, great stuff, keep those reports coming in. I coached Jo and Dave Ryding occasionally when I ran camps at Rossendale a few years ago. Nice, talented kids - good luck to them and hope Jo's knee recovers soon. How did Chemmy break the thumb? Presumably on a gate?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does anyone know the timetables?

We've a relative going over in about two and a half weeks, but I'm not sure what races he's in.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill, Children and Juniors I think. Seniors this week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, sounds about right, he's only about nine/ten years old.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, programme here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, he'll be doing the minis then. Great fun, organised by Ingie of the DHO.

Latest report - Mickel and Sharp take main race wins, Berry and Norton win Junior Titles
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wax room chat from Meribel - by our man on the spot, racerready

- Snowsport GB opened up their Tent on Tuesday morning and trade was reported as brisk despite the weather conditions! A full range of the products now available from Snowsport GB is on the web site at www.snowsportgb.com. Audi, DirectSki, City Link, VIST also have tents at the event.

- Andy Noble took attending the Championships to extremes as he arrived at the last minute along with a number of the Home Nations Development Squad from Innerkrems — an eight hour drive! This after having finished 2nd in the Croatian National Championships Giant Slalom.

- Just to prove the conditions were unskiable, Racer Ready has managed to obtain pictures of the jury inspection, with Ronnie Naismith checking out the conditions Wink. See photo in this report...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marc gledhill, Has he been skiing at Castleford ?

I will be in Meribel that week, PM me the name and I will watch out for him.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjs, I don't think so, as far as I know he hasn't skied for a club over here at all. I think he's skied with the local club in Meiringen though.

I'll offer him lifts over on Monday nights though. I've PM'd you his details.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My 10 year old is skiing in the minis too!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is there a mini Méribel meet on the cards Puzzled snowHead
ski holidays
PG, sounds good ... just look for the boy who's lost/damaged/irretrievably broken his skis/poles/gloves/goggles/helmet [substitute other vital equipment as appropriate] but still has a big grin on his face at the bottom!
snow conditions
Wax room chat from Meribel - by our man on the spot, racerready

- Audi have brought out a camera crew and those with Sky Channel 884 will be able to see the clips from the racing later next month. Audi also bought out their new Q7 car for display in the Trade Area — the car subsequently got stuck on the snow as it ran out of petrol!

- Many of the British team coaches congregated to watch the Champions League match between Arsenal and Juventus on the television on Tuesday night. Humorous comments about the continual falling over of various players!

- Sales on the Snowsport GB stand continue to rise as the holidaying public start to realise that the British Championships are in town!

- Lynn Sharp suffered the heart break of blowing her ACL in the early rounds of the dual slalom Sad Sad . Sharp has had a great season after having fought to restore her team status in the close season. The soft top covering of snow in the finish area was blamed for her crash.
latest report
Thursday's Wax room chat from Meribel...

- The voice of the British Championships, Fiona McNeilly was strangely silent for the Giant Slalom first run with a mysterious bug having caused her to miss the race — 'vodkaitus' being blamed. Fiona did manage to make the second run and normal service was resumed!

- The early mornings seem to have taken their toll on leading English team racer, Tania Scilimati, as she could not find this year's race suit first thing and had to resort to her suit from last year rolling eyes

- For the first time in a number of years, racers have been drug tested at Meribel....
ski holidays
There were a lot of falls in the dual slalom, it's lucky there were no more injuries.

The coaches were telling their racers to back off in the later rounds.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy