Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Electric Snowmobiles?

Poster: A snowHead
It looks like a Canadian based company is developing electrically powered snowmobiles, having already done some practical testing at Whistler Blackcomb ski area and is looking to put them on the market next year.

If they can make electric snowmobiles with sufficient range then the reduction in noise and elimination of emissions gives them a huge advantage over existing convential ones in use today in environmentally sensitive areas. Some years back the US National Park service (to much opposition from those who said it wasn't feasible or practical) banned the use of noisy smelly 2 stroke engine powered snowmobiles inside Yellowstone and the industry successfully stepped up to offer quieter cleaner 4 stroke engine alternatives. If electric snowmobiles could in the future substitute for these it would be even better (particularly from the noise viewpoint and disturbance of wildlife). https://taigamotors.ca/snowmobiles/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don’t think the snowmobile market is the biggest environmental challenge, nor a market where electrifying is that difficult...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
isn't the leisure snowmobil market all 'Red Necks'?
Not sure they would be that interested..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
nor a market where electrifying is that difficult...

I think the cold would be an issue for the batteries, but I guess they wouldn't need to go that far on a charge so would be OK.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob wrote:

They would be if certain areas (starting with the National Parks and federally owned land) sometime in the near future banned the use of gasoline engined snowmobiles and restricted access to electrically powered ones only Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bob wrote:

Well theres more of them than skiers and snowboarders combined Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bones, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What's next? Electrical motorcycle?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abc wrote:
What's next? Electrical motorcycle?

I thought that they were available in China already.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@abc, @rjs, Not only in China. Knew a guy from Germany who has had one for at least 3 years
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rjs, Bloody menace they are. Can't hear them. Don't know which is worse. Noisy ones or silent ones.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Old Man Of Lech wrote:
... Bloody menace they are. Can't hear them. Don't know which is worse. Noisy ones or silent ones.

? You can't hear me on my bike either, which is why you need to look....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@philwig, Fit as I'm sure you are. I don't think you are capable of traveling silently at the speeds I saw the electric motorbike travel at. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
National parks has lots of trees, right? Trees will consume that CO2 just like that. But yeah, let's put some more pollution in Africa or world in general, producing batteries, just for the sake of silence in national parks.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Silent motorbikes would be a revelation for UK National Parks Cool
snow conditions
Like electric cars, trucks, bikes and scooters, electric snowmobiles totally suck.

Heavy weight, low range, and sound like a child's toy.
latest report
It certainly sounds impressive and should be a game changer. It could even make recreational snowmobiling.... respectable Laughing
ski holidays
Electric piste bashers are already here

http://pistehors.com/yebfRWsBX0Ia-Bl_qKiQ/do-cross-country-skiers-dream-of-electric-piste-bashers
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/EOhDUYL1Gbs
snow conditions
Quote:

The term is "sled necks" snowHead I tend to agree they are not the market I would focus an environmentally based product for.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy