Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crazy Hang Time from a Kitesurfer here in Tarifa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've had truly ballistic insane winds the past five days blowing from the East, Levante, so much so that many of the wind turbines inland stop rotating as they have wind speed governors so they are not damaged due to rotating at high speed.

Whilst many a good kiter can handle strong winds the issue here is that the wind is cross offshore so the wind is crazy gusty, plus if something goes wrong you will not make it make to land.

So 99.9% of kiters have not ventured out here, and here is like Chamonix is to skiing in that it is the kite surfing frenzy capital of Europe, 35yrs ago it was the windsurfing capital rolling eyes

I've done two road trips to try and find quieter conditions, one to Los Caños de Meca, (Cape Trafalgar) and the wind was still insane there, though was a fair number of windsurfers out and another to Sotogrande (Valderamma) North of Gibraltar 35kms away and had a good session but wind was probably 30mph less!

So this vid has turned up on Social Media from last Thurs/Fri and it is truly amazing as the guy jumps and then as the offshore gusts come through whilst he's hanging in the air (hence it's called hangtime) he keeps on flying.

I can't post a direct link to the vid so you'll have to make do with a FB link, but it's well worth a watch.

https://www.facebook.com/AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WOW
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's pretty nuts... Did he stay out or run back in after haha?!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy