Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Lift Tignes Les Brévières

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Tignes Les Brévières in April and wondered how the new lift worked out this year? We’re there long queues and do you have to to ski between the top of this lift and the Boisses lift? Any advice welcome
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I never had to queue all season but probably didn’t use it at peak times. 9am might be different.

The link between the bubbles is effortless, just lift your skis from one bubble walk about 10m to the next. It’s all in the same station so no trudging over the snow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stayed at 1800. even at peak times it was ever only a couple of minutes waiting time. With three lifts to get to le lac its just whether you want to add that onto the beginning and end of your day especially if you need to get the bubbles back down.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you v much
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The lift ran until 11pm, which opens up the bus link to Le Lac for Brevieres residents and it opens up Breviere restaurants to those staying outside the village.

Just a shame that the two chair lifts it connects to are still dire. They must both be due an upgrade.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

They must both be due an upgrade.

Marais is scheduled to be replaced with a 6 seat express for the 2020/21 season, with Aiguille Rouge following the year after
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/tignesval-disere/ski-lifts/l106385/
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/tignesval-disere/ski-lifts/l106386/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^^^That's good news. I wouldn't say the lifts are 'dire' - just slow wink....We really are spoiled by high speed lifts these days and just expect them everywhere.

So, in that skiing in the Aiguille Percee sort of area, that will just leave Grand Huit and Aiguille Percee lifts to be upgraded/speeded up.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thelem wrote:
Quote:

They must both be due an upgrade.

Marais is scheduled to be replaced with a 6 seat express for the 2020/21 season, with Aiguille Rouge following the year after
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/tignesval-disere/ski-lifts/l106385/
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/tignesval-disere/ski-lifts/l106386/

That will make a big difference.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mountainaddict,
Quote:

So, in that skiing in the Aiguille Percee sort of area, that will just leave Grand Huit and Aiguille Percee lifts to be upgraded/speeded up.

Last winter one of the local instructors told me in conversation about lifts that the Grand Huit was problematic to replace due to environmental concerns and the company weren't allowed to do any ground works in that area. If that's true it's a shame as that's the one that needs upgrading the most imho. Definitely a bottleneck and a throwback in technology.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not entirely sure when it was built but in the scheme of things the Grand Huit is a relatively new lift, say 10 - 15 years old as opposed to decades of the others, at a time when other new lifts were detachables. So maybe that reason applied when it was built as a fixed grip back then.

OK just looked at same website 1997 it was built, certainly a few years after I started going to Tignes!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That Marais chair is so slow. I was lucky to use it over half term with no wind and a clear blue sky I would hate to try to use it if the conditions had been colder. 20 minutes on an exposed chair.....not fun!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I used the new Brev lift for 6 weeks this season.

Worked much better than I expected. As above, just a few M walk to the Boisses bubble, never an issue at all.

Was open till late on a Thursday and Friday night and I used that to access a restaurant or 2 in Boisses.

As a property owner is Brev, I am pleased with the new lift.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Over the course of the season the new lift didn't have the most reliable record in the world. On one occasion (in January IIRC) I and quite a few others ended up walking up the piste to the next station in 1800. Unfortunately there is no Plan B if it conks out. Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Over the course of the season the new lift didn't have the most reliable record in the world. On one occasion (in January IIRC) I and quite a few others ended up walking up the piste to the next station in 1800. Unfortunately there is no Plan B if it conks out. Shocked
ski holidays
FrediKanoute wrote:
That Marais chair is so slow. I was lucky to use it over half term with no wind and a clear blue sky I would hate to try to use it if the conditions had been colder. 20 minutes on an exposed chair.....not fun!

There is a sign saying the lift is not suitable for children in bad weather Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy