Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux in December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know nothing's guaranteed, but I've found good flights/accommodation for Les Deux mid-late December.

I've never skid around here before, so any experiences?

There are are a couple of December vids online, which look decent, but historically there has been next to no snowfall until January.

Help appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I live here. With skiing up to 3600m, much of it above 2500m, mostly north facing and a glacier it's probably one of the most snow safe resorts. There'll always be enough skiing, perhaps not down to resort though. It varies from year to year tbh. 3 years or so ago we had loads in December then none for 6 weeks. Looking at my photos from opening day this season snow was great higher up, in fact it was all winter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The L2A glacier is almost gone.

Little open before Xmas week.

Val d'Isere and Tignes are far better for early-season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well there are two conflicting answers - appreciate the help though! I'm reasonably inexperienced, this will only be my third trip, hence the interest in L2A.

I also have Austria in mind (especially Obergurgl). Either way, I'll be leaving it late to book!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Harry_Gurnt, I'd listen to the advice of the person who lives there personally!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And not the one well known for talking absolute dangly bits Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

18th December 2018, 2600M. Very little open, f*** all snow Toofy Grin

The "finished" glacier on 6th December 2017 Cool

Looking back down to resort from about 2500M. 3rd December 2016, dreadful again snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Claude, amazing pics!
@Harry_Gurnt, you should also compare ski maps and total costs.
I've been to both locations: Obergurgl and Solden in Nov.Dec, L2A in Jan. I imagine you will be able to ski in both of them.
Do you go for hotel or s/c? Compared to the Tarentaise ski area (Les Arcs, Tignes,3V), L2A has cheaper restaurants off and on mountain, cheaper supermarket prices. But I remember a soup and a main dish on the mountain was still cheaper in Solden.
You wrote it's your third trip, which pistes you search? L2A has more blue and green pistes than Obergurgl/Hochgurgl. If you are willing to travel and take into consideration the neighboring Solden (30 min free bus) which is on the same skipass, together they'll have more.They are Austrian buses - coming often and strictly respecting the schedule which is displayed in the bus stop.
What kind of apres ski you are after? If I remember correctly, in Obergurgl the liveliest was Niederhutte, a cheerful restaurant with good and cheap warm dishes,located on the piste, with sometimes a local band playing inside. In Solden you have Fire and Ice down on the main street, a glass round shape pavilion playing old disco hits + 80s and serving a lot of alcohol. In L2A you have Pano Bar high on the mountain, which is Follie Douce style, lively and loud after 14-15, Check YouTube for all of them
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy