Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folie Douce Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
I see that Radio Les Arcs have confirmed (on Facebook) what was a widely accepted rumour that Folie Douce is coming to Les Arcs.

I suspect this could rapidly become one of their most successful sites as they'll be next to a pedestrian accessible lift (Villards) which is open every day for night skiing and runs until 7.30 pm. Certainly not good news for the Arpette,

Whether it will be good for the resort remains to be seen!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In 'The Lodge'? Simple conversion, or will they re-build?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I imagine a conversion of the Lodge should be fairly straightforward - we'll see!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Certainly not good news for the Arpette,

You can ski back from the Arpette, albeit a little earlier but form yje Folie Douce you have to get a bus back. I'll prbably stick to the Arpette.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
I'll prbably stick to the Arpette.
Prices will be cheaper too.

I can just about ski back to my place from The Lodge, with little bit of a skate across the hill, but spending time at a Folie Douce is only occasionally tempting for me these days, so doubt I'll be a regular visitor. Nice to have in resort, for the 'Folie crowd'.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@johnE, very easy run back to 1800 (more a short stroll for rob@rar) but I appreciate less easy for 1600 dwellers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair wrote:
(more a short stroll for rob@rar)
Skating uphill when you're drunk is quite the challenge!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I think it takes a lot of money to get drunk in the Follie Douce
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I think it takes a lot of money to get drunk in the Follie Douce
Load up in the Arpette, slide down to Folie, stagger home when you can't remember what your name is.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A weakening brand these days no longer the cool place to be seen , in Val and Tignes Cocorico is the venue , what’s the betting that one of these in spring up in the 3V soon .
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was hoping we could keep the "Henry and Henriettas" away from Les... Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rob Mackley wrote:
what’s the betting that one of these in spring up in the 3V soon .

Do you mean a Folie Douce? There's one in Val Thorens and one in Meribel already...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@iainm, he means Cocirico
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well give the people what they want!

‘The cool kids go elsewhere...’

oh bore off! If people want to pay €10 a glass for nasty rosé whilst someone on a saxophone toots a tune whilst they instagram story it to their mates then all power to them. No one is forced to go and it doesn’t seem to change the overall clientele of the resort (see also Avoriaz).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I was hoping we could keep the "Henry and Henriettas" away from Les...

I think they are long gone from Folie Douce, its more like a scene from Towie nowadays.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Well give the people what they want!

‘The cool kids go elsewhere...’

oh bore off! If people want to pay €10 a glass for nasty rosé whilst someone on a saxophone toots a tune whilst they instagram story it to their mates then all power to them. No one is forced to go and it doesn’t seem to change the overall clientele of the resort (see also Avoriaz).

Quite. I'm a bit past the core Folie demographic and more likely to be the sad old git buying bottles of fizz to try and recapture some yoof* than the young and beautiful. But it's fun for what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

*cept I'm too cheap and just as likely to be skiing still in Folie operating hours.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, IIRC, (and likewise whaaaay past their core target market), it ain't that expensive in a Folie. Couple of beers in Alpe D'Huez did not seem massively outrageous.
ski holidays
Agree - beers a Euro or 2 above "market" for vastly better entertainment if that is your bag. Obviously they make bank by trolling in wannabe high rollers into spraying real bottles of champers around and or buying drinks for the PYTs.
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Agree - beers a Euro or 2 above "market" for vastly better entertainment if that is your bag. Obviously they make bank by trolling in wannabe high rollers into spraying real bottles of champers around and or buying drinks for the PYTs.

That's the one reason I steer clear of them, and any bars with VIP areas - I'm not that keen on being sprayed with champagne by smirking Russian gangsters.
ski holidays
Having never been to one of these establishments I shall be interested to see what it's like but I don't think it'll become a regular hangout. I'm also certainly well beyond their target market.
ski holidays
This march in Mirabel they had amazing shows. While in Val Tho you had a DJ with groovy beats but less interesting than the Pano bar in L2A.
So we'll wait and see
latest report
Im a regular in Val dI. Great food in the self service and I’m still into disco/house despite being in my 50s.

As above, it doesn’t pretend to be anything other a good apres bar for a range of ages and budgets. I’m a fan and hope the LA one is a success.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy