Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Morning all, after many years of Val Thorens the family fancy a change and are thinking of Tignes. Know the resort well but wondering how busy it is likely to be over Easter, specifically 11-18 April when Uk schools, French B and C zones and the Belgians are also on holiday? We can unfortunately only go that week, having managed for past years to dodge the peak Easter weeks.
Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve typically ended the season with a week at Easter at either Tignes or Val D for the past 10 years and my experience has been very positive. French don’t seem to be that interested in going skiing at Easter and I don’t believe Good Friday is a public holiday. With a lift system as efficient as the one in this part of the Alps queues haven’t really been a problem and snow has always been reliable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as @snowhound, says
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been there in April 2018 at Easter, Tignes Le Lac. Wasn't too crowded, would have returned this year too if not for the EOSB.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowhound, mid April usually good snow across the whole area. Spreads people around. Lift system copes well. Not what I’d call quiet at Easter but not crazy busy.
snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i was in Le Lac for 2 weeks over Easter this year.
i think its the best time of year to ski. You know you can ski safely off piste and you know exactly what type of snow youll get and where youll get it. Its warm and not busy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. Have just booked an apartment in Grand Roc, Val Claret!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowhound, Good choice of block, close to most things but nice and quiet, got a couple of mates that live there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry for hijack, we are considering Tignes Le Lac for Easter ski 2020 from Fri 3 - 10 April. Any recommendations, stay away, etc. Got 2 kids so need at least one bedroom and easy access to ski school.
Many thanks for any replies.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
P.S. @Mother hucker, I presume you are FOTC fan. Went to see them in Manchester last year. Awesome!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dougie, IMHO the best location in Tignes Le Lac is in the area of hotel Le Levanna. Bus stop right there (if you'll gloriously end your day in Val Claret for a good apres), 2 supermarkets really close (SPAR on the same street). New indoor parking (payable) nearby, good restaurants, pub (LOOP)and bakery on the street and close to a quality rental, Le Vallon Blanc.
But most important: 2 major lifts taking you up to 2 opposing peaks.
Besides the quite expensive hotel, there are rentals in the buildings on that street. Check Booking, Airbnb etc
For example, for a week I am searching: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15489293?location=Tignes%2C%20France&adults=2&check_in=2019-12-14&check_out=2019-12-21&guests=1&source_impression_id=p3_1558327421_lLWmd13TK52RQVFV&s=4c-_Th8P

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 20-05-19 7:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@chocksaway had a good look at its location and that was the clincher. was hoping it is proper ski in/out via the beginners green off Fresse/Biolin....is this the case please.?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@drporat, Thanks for that. It looks like a nice place. Great advice about amenities near by as well. Will help when looking at other places. Cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowhound, its very close to ski in/out but you will have a few metres walk as the door is street side not piste side. Wiggle round the lower end of Club Med.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It wasn't very busy anywhere this Easter. Next year it is earlier, but most people don't think of skiing after the end of March.
ski holidays
Have been to both Tignes and Val d'Isere mid April and neither were too busy.
snow report
OK, so I thought I had managed to book an apartment in Grand Roc, but the owner has not got back to me which is annoying, so I am looking at a few other options. They are in the Bollin, Rond Point or Pramecou.
Any thoughts please? They seem to have a track running alongside them all which makes them look ski in/out?

Cheers again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy