Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Im looking ro plan a family trip at easter next year, preferably to Italy and was wondering about the Dolomites. Doea it have agood history at Easter? Clearly this dependa on them being open! Madonna is also an option but wouldnt go to Passo.

Cheers
Gaz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there 23-30 March this season.

Everything open top to bottom despite no new snow for a couple of weeks.

Soon as we left it started dumping.

I'd say you'll be good to go.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This year the Ronda closed in the first week of April, while Madonna still had some lifts open for Easter. This year, the Ronda will close on the 14 of April.

It is a personal thing, but I wont go to the Dolomites after the middle of March.... (too slushy !)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Easter holiday is April 13th - getting late for the Dolomites. However looking at the Giro on the TV there may still be skiing above 2000m. Personally I would be looking at the high resorts in the French Alps
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys. I know your all right! Very Happy at easter i always feel like im forced to go to france, which is never my first choice. Flights to Italy, or Austria are a nightmare from the Northwest. They always stop at the end of March which i never understand! Shocked ....and Geneva is always there for the cheap ones. I might go to Geneva and do the drive to Aosta Valley.

Cheers
Gaz
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gaz_H wrote:
Thanks guys. I know your all right! Very Happy at easter i always feel like im forced to go to france, which is never my first choice. Flights to Italy, or Austria are a nightmare from the Northwest. They always stop at the end of March which i never understand! Shocked ....and Geneva is always there for the cheap ones. I might go to Geneva and do the drive to Aosta Valley.

Cheers
Gaz

If you are talking about a long drive the other end - why not do the long drive this end and fly out from a London airport?

Know what you mean about the reduction of flights for Easter - we have two sets of flights to Turin with BA for next year - first at half term, when I went to book the second set the only flight out on a Saturday got us in quiet late and as we are planning on self catering at Easter didn’t want to not be able to get food and drink in on the day we arrive. Noticed that Friday had a nice early morning flight out and given the girls schools both finish at lunchtime on that last day decided to go with those and found somewhere which let us book 8 nights - Friday to following Saturday. My youngest is really upset though as that means she is missing the day they are allowed to take games in to play on the morning! Nicely reinforcing my believe that they aren’t going to miss out on anything educational by my taking that approach!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gaz_H, I wonder if the reason they cut back in skiing flights at the end of March is simply because demand has shifted elsewhere. I.e. there is still demand from the skiing community but suddenly far greater demand for warmer destinations.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@foxtrotzulu, suspect so. I was also amazed that when the Half term Turin flights were released they had two vs other weeks when there were 3. Our best guess as to why is either that flight is still operating and had been completed committed to TO to give them extra seats at half term or they are using it to add extra capacity on another route which is even more oversubscribed at half term.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Flights to Italy, or Austria are a nightmare from the Northwest. They always stop at the end of March which i never understand

OK they not be cheep flights, but I just looked up flying from Manchester to Innsbruck for a climbing trip to the Dolomites in August and they are available for £250 return with Austrian airlines or going to Venice with Easyjet/Ryanair for £100 less. It is an easier drive from Venice with less camper vans blocking the road.

Opodo reports 265 flights flight options available from Manchester to Venice

Does Manchester count as North West or Midlands? My Friends always complain about getting to Manchester or Liverpool from Cumbria and complain that there are no airports witin easy reach.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy