Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2019/20 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Any recent updates on how the snow is holding up in the sunshine and mild temperatures? Just getting ready to come on Saturday!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There would appear to be snow on the way which is needed.
The queues have all but disappeared on the lifts but reappeared at the Berger alm! 30 mins to place an order only to be told there was a 20 min wait to get served, and that's just drinks. The family youngsters will be making their views known on various review sites.
The hinterhag was underwhelming.
But we had a good day - these are all minor issues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope the snow appears to freshen up the slopes. Always nice to have a soft top coat of powder.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There were big queues of traffic going north on the Munich ring road and A8 today, given the number of ski boxes I suspect the resorts will be a lot quieter. If you are returning to Munich airport on Saturday make sure you leave plenty of time especially given the weather forecast.

@skilass, there is some snow forecast for Saturday and Sunday for the eastern alps.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any feedback on current conditions. Coming out on Wednesday for a cheeky short break. Any tips where to find best conditions?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bag packed. 3am start in the morning, flying to Salzburg from Manchester via Heathrow
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have fun!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to the excellent weather and conditions, I’ve skied more than usual in the past week, and yesterday was my biggest day. I found the piste conditions generally excellent. The early January sun is not powerful enough to turn the exposed slopes into porridge in the afternoons, but still warm enough to bask in at lunch time and apres-ski time. It’s been a good week, and the big queues that appeared at the beginning of the week (but dissipated after NYE) must presumably have been attributable to national holidays, or some other factor.
New Year’s Day was eerily quiet, both on the slopes and in the apres-ski bars. We ended up at the Bergeralm and then the Hinterhag Alm, and both quite empty - relatively speaking - but enjoyable nonetheless.
Spacey’s first apres-ski party of the season was at the Spitzbub yesterday. He will be entertaining there on Tuesdays and Thursdays 5.00-8.00pm, and at the Otzi Bar on Sundays and Wednesdays 10.00pm onwards.
The Soul House is evidently understaffed, with long waits for food - this week at least. However, when our meals were eventually served, the food was good, and the smoked spare ribs scored 10/10.
The Spitzbub was an absolute riot last night. We only called for a night cap on the way home, but the great party atmosphere in the interior bar kept us there for a couple of hours. The owner, Mike Andrae, is very focused on making his bar a success story, and he’s put together a great team for this season, including Tina from Australia, Jules from the U.K., Miriam from Spain, and Max from Belgium - all great to talk to and up for a party, with as much energy being expended in dancing behind the bar as in serving the drinks.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Headed there today, if anyone wants to share a guide on Sunday for some intermediate off piste please PM me. I'll be skiing alone Sat through Monday based in Fieberbrunn.

@tatmanstours, do you recommend anyone in particular for off piste guiding? Is there any kind of powder club option where you can just join another group?

Back with the kids next week so will have to ski down to Hinterglemm to see the set up. They will be skiing Fri through Sunday and it seems there are no organised ski schools on Saturday, are there any beginner areas where you can pay a reduced fee for lifts, the eldest is 7 so will have to stump up the 26 euro or whatever, not too bad I suppose

Looking forward to skiing the whole area before training up the future companions!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can buy a points card, which work well on the beginner button lifts in hinterglemm or there is a deal for kids on a Saturday called 'power of zehn' , where they pay 10 euro for the day. You should be able to find details on the s-h website.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
You can buy a points card, which work well on the beginner button lifts in hinterglemm or there is a deal for kids on a Saturday called 'power of zehn' , where they pay 10 euro for the day. You should be able to find details on the s-h website.

That sounds great thanks, looks like good weather for kids, I was a bit worried booking it Jan but the times they are a changin!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@8611, The off-piste guiding can be booked through
http://www.freeride-skischool.at/en/freeride

Alternatively contact Kris Dragoshinov at Zink Ski School, and tell him that I recommended him.

The points cards mentioned by klammfranzer can be used on any of the lifts, including the Turm chair lift at Saalbach, which takes beginners to the top of the nursery slopes (and may be considered preferable to a T-bar). However you should work out whether it is likely to work out cheaper than a standard pass. The number of points deducted for each lift is on the piste map. It is likely to be a false economy for most skiers.

The smaller Kreuzkapelle nursery slope at Saalbach, which has a rope tow, is free.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agree about the points card. Ours had one for their first ever weeks skiing and it worked well for the first half of the week but then one of them went up the zwolferkogel and pretty much wiped it out! Depends on the kid and their ability. Do the math!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Do the math!

Are you turning American?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arriving tomorrow night. Forecast looks good. Can't wait Very Happy
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, thanks, excellent advice as ever
snow report
@8611, Kris Dragoshinov’s number is +00436641791533. He is an excellent ski and snowboard instructor, as well as an off-piste guide.
latest report
@8611, Kris Dragoshinov’s number is +00436641791533. He is an excellent ski and snowboard instructor, as well as an off-piste guide.
snow report
The slopes are all freshened up with the recent snow fall. All looking very pretty and most runs open. We revisited a lot of runs we had skied the last time we were here (2005!!)

The Saalbacherhof has been excellent so far. 5 course dinners each night might take its toll on the waistline but food is amazing.

I would post a photo of current pistes but not sure how.
ski holidays
Just back from Fieberbrunn today and there was about 15cm of fresh snow in the town when we left and still snowing. Piste conditions were good all week, especially considering it was quite mild and sunny every day.

Enjoyed the resort and found restaurants on the mountain good and very reasonable when compared to other places we have been to. My two boys learnt to ski for the first time and they loved the place!

I have never skied in a resort at such a low altitude and was worried about this before we went but I was surprised at how well the snow held up.
ski holidays
@skilass, glad you are enjoying it, didn't we all tell you all would be well. Have a fab week.
snow report
Excellent days off piste on the "backseite" of saalbach, thanks to @tatmanstours again for the recommendation, snow was still soft in fieberbrunn this evening so hopefully should freshen things up for people over the coming days. Probably the best conditions in europe right now so enjoy.
snow report
@kb36 you were all absolutely right all along!
snow conditions
Coming Wed sounds like its going to be fast pistes, suncream and cool beers.......cant wait!!
ski holidays
My amateurish record of our Christmas trip to Hinterglemm...

http://youtube.com/v/wf9b9kgTHlo
ski holidays
@Drammeister, amateurish to you maybe, but way beyond my own techno skills! Ace viewing for someone heading to Saalbach on Saturday too......
snow conditions
@Drammeister, Excellent!
snow report
toyah807 wrote:
Ace viewing for someone heading to Saalbach on Saturday too......

Oooh, that will be me! (Well, actually staying in Hinterglemm.)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
great video ,a picture tells a thousand words looks like all was fun
ski holidays
Fantastic!! First time in Saalbach - arriving on Saturday with good old Crystal! Should be in the Hinterhagalm by mid afternoon..
snow report
Fantastic!! First time in Saalbach - arriving on Saturday with good old Crystal! Should be in the Hinterhagalm by mid afternoon..
ski holidays
We had a dusting of snow today. It was a bit bleak at the top at times.
snow report
6 of us arriving in Leogang on Saturday too... My bag's a bit heavy as I'm prepared for just about everything from -30 - +20C!
snow conditions
It's still relatively mild. We have been fine in a thin base layer and a micro fleece.
ski holidays
I'm off to Fieberbrunn on Saturday too
snow report
I'm off to Saalbach on Saturday too!
snow conditions
I'm off to Saalbach on Saturday too! I thought it would be quiet, but it seems full of Snowheads......Ideal! If anyone plans to take on the ski circus challenge from Schattberg one morning and wouldn't mind the group being 2-3 bigger please post on here. The map made my head hurt so would be lovely with someone who knows most of the circuit.
ski holidays
I did it last year and the weather was horrid. This week looks fine so I'm definitely up for it. I did it starting from the Berkogel, getting Fieberbrunn ticked off quickly. This was mainly to get back to the Bergeralm for happy hour though (got to properly celebrate, right?!). Early to mid week would be good, let me know. It would be me and maybe a couple of others. You win a mug too!
snow report
@Klamm Franzer, cheers and sounds sensible regarding the starting point, will pm you over the weekend.
ski holidays
@Skimonkey58, The Hinterhag party kicks off at 4.00pm. Before that the apres-ski cognoscenti convene at the Bergeralm.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy