Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Les Bruyeres in Les Menuires - who has bought it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Hotel Les Bruyeres in Les Menuires is not taking bookings through its website - all dates are unavailable - and not answering emails. When I contacted the hotel group of which it is a part they said a new owner has bought it. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? I can't imagine it wouldn't open, so maybe a British company has bought it to sell only through their channels? It's a good-value, comfortable hotel in a great position.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It says available soon on the Sunweb site.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many beloved French ski hotels are being sold and turned into private apartments....E.g. Le Yeti in Meribel...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A bit of a mystery. If it's going to open next winter then it's leaving it late to take bookings.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know it but @Langerzug, is right, with the economy picking up & the major avalibility to apartments via Airbnb ect, I think more & more of these prime location hotels will be converted.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yup, many hotels going that way in Morzine & Les Gets, restaurants too. Interestingly (to me anyway wink ), Avoriaz will open a new hotel next season, so will have two for the first time in 30 years.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonny996, these new apartments in general are not really meant for Airbnb, but just private. That kind of money... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Langerzug wrote:
Many beloved French ski hotels are being sold and turned into private apartments....E.g. Le Yeti in Meribel...

...and many of my usual haunts have been bought by Belambra and turned into a holiday club (Diva (Tignes)/Golf (Arc 1800)/Cachette (Arc 1600). Mad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Who the hell wants to live in Les Manures!

It is one the most depressing ski stations on planet Earth.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Whitegold, lots of people, every season, evidently.
Maybe easy access to a wide variety of excellent skiing in one of the best areas in the world has something to do with it?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PeakyB, ignore the troll. Likely never even stayed there. Value of whitgold opinion? 0
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know about living there, but ski-in ski-out Hotel Les Bruyeres was a great base for a week in the 3V and it's disappointing I couldn't book it for next year. Walk out the front door, ski down to La Masse base station first thing and warm up with a few laps, then a couple of lifts up to the ridge to drop over to Meribel or continue to Val Thorens. All without costing a bomb. Les Menuires is great.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I found out the hotel has been bought by Belambra Holiday clubs and will open as one of them next winter.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rdk, in my experience, Belambra offer reasonable value for some good locations, provided you don’t expect frills or a particularly high standard of comfort, service or food.

Cheapish ‘n’ cheerful.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks @peakyB. I think probably not for me next year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy