Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New years eve .. best place

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a resort that has mus8c and dancing new years eve. ..
Any suggestions welcome... st anton ???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Verbier
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sydney
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@yorkshirelad, Pretty much any ski resort I have been in has had both, and fireworks, on New Years Eve.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amsterdam
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anywhere really. Chamonix is pretty nuts.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes le Lac
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@yorkshirelad, basically everybody here is right. I imagine it will rain in Amsterdam, but that's me who hates rain Cool
It's a matter of age and preferences.
Been to Verbier last NYE, it was cool music (Folie Douce style) and fun in the main square, extremely crowded with mostly teenagers and students but there were many older folks as well. I forgot to bring an umbrella (for the champagne battles) and left half an hour after midnight. There were some parties starting around 01 AM (Mont Fort pub etc) but I preferred to ski the next day and retired early. So to me, any place having a loud DJ in the center of the resort and a firework display will do. On the other hand, my ski buddy danced and had fun till the wee (wee) hours of the morning. It was definitely the right place for her Razz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@yorkshirelad, Eh yup lad, best kept secret of the Arlberg - Lech New Year 2020 …. https://www.lechzuers.com/en/event/new-years-day-acoustic-fireworks/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Verbier.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't go to St Gervais. Town centre was virtually dead. Only found one bar with anything going on, and no revelry or fireworks at midnight at all. We went back to our chalet, the studenty youngsters managed to get Jules Holland Hootenay up onto the tv via a laptop linked into their Uni vpn, and we did New Year all over again at midnight UK time!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@karin, when was that? Granted we normally go out for a meal then back to apartment block to a drinks with neighbors as our block is 90% owner used. Who ever we do have views over the town & the valley & there is no end of fireworks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Verbier
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zermatt was good.
Chamonix was dangerous!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonny996, this year. We had dinner in the chalet, then went down into town. Midnight in the bar we were in (main square, valley side, not town side, don't know the name!) was pretty muted. Went out into the square, hoping for fireworks, but there were was nothing going on. Maybe we were looking the wrong way?!
snow conditions
I get the impression that St Gervais is more spread out than one would expect.
latest report
Don't ski coz it's too crowded.
In bed by 10.30 after a nice meal and a decent red.
Bah humbug
snow report
Fireworks in Le Monetier-les-Bains usually happen around 6pm at the bottom of the lifts before everyone goes out for the evening. It's right opposite our apartment so we rarely even bother going over unless we're still in the bar. We go up to village to eat with friends in the Hotel Europe. Canapés and cocktails, followed by a 7 course feast with wine. There's usually a bit of dancing and snowball fights in the square outside at midnight and dancing in the cellar bar at the hotel with champagne flowing. Not raucous but nice all the same. We may pop into the Alpen bar at some point too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy