Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Meltdown Flooding in Germany, Czech Republic .....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here we go again repeat of 2000,2002 ...

Big news on German TV tonight. The Elbe is at record highs due to sudden meltdown of snow in The Alps.

http://www.heute.de/ZDFheute/inhalt/0/0,3672,3918912,00.html

http://www.networld.at/index.html?/channels/18/main_ncp.shtml
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems, one of the issues with global warming is the fluctuations to the jet-stream paths, and the speed of the seasonal change. It seems like we flick between each season with just a fortnight of massive temperature fluctuations . . . I don't see it getting any better in the foreseeable future Confused
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I noticed a couple of local lakes were high for the time of year actually, not dangerously so but noticeable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton, yeah, i saw a report last night from Dresden - not looking good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, it's logical, is'nt it?. There has been a record fall of snow in the Alps this season and once it all melts flooding of the main rivers can be expected.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hibernia wrote:
Well, it's logical, is'nt it?. There has been a record fall of snow in the Alps this season and once it all melts flooding of the main rivers can be expected.

err..no, actually it's not Very Happy At high altitude we're kind of hoping it's replenishing the glaciers and below the glacier line we'd hope it's not going to all melt at once and overwhelm the rivers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Water levels under the bridges in Annecy also seemed unusually high yesterday. It was raining when we stopped there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I live at the highest point in Belgium (woohoo), following the melting of six months worth of snow we've been plagued by rain this week... from emptying my horses feed bucket twice a day I'd estimate we've had 8 inches or more since Monday. My paddock is a total quagmire and we've got more rain/snow/sleet coming - I'm SICK of it! Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In UK we don't need snow meltdown to get flooding!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy