Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any last minute trips going? Up to 22/04

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to join a group or organise a trip between now and the 22-04. Open to anything. Would prefer a few days. On a limited budget, but it'll be my only chance for some snow this year.

I am 41, intermediate snowboarder. Can also ski, but will board.

Thanks!

Simone
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Simone.x, eosb 20th april
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138826#3390607
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, but I can't go after 22-04.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Simone, where are you based?

I booked flights with Easyjet this morning: Liverpool - Geneva, out at 06:00 on Thursday 11th and back on Tuesday 16th at 16:45 for £100 (plus £74 board carriage)

I live in Brum but they were the only reasonably priced ones still around that meant more than a couple of days on the pistes.

I'm an intermediate border too and am most likely to end up in Verbier, but haven't booked transfers or accommodation yet as was just checking a few things over.

Even if my plans don't suit yours, I'm happy to share a few alternative options I came up with and there are also the responses I got to my post on Chalets Direct which might give you some alternative ideas.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

and am most likely to end up in Verbier, but

I'm hoping to get to Verbier this coming week as well (Sat Apr 13th-ish till around 20th) , do you know how much of the runs and lifts are still open out there?

I'm finding it really hard to get a clear picture of whether it's worth it. I understood the official Verbier season end wasn't till Apr 28th so I thought I'd just scrape in, but having looked at various lift status pages it looks quite ambiguous as to whether many of them are still running,
I'm really not sure how to interpret the codings and such and it seems like the majority of areas may be already shut. Some of them seem to contradict each other as well. Puzzled
- I'm hoping I'm just reading the info all wrong Happy and that there's still plenty open (in the Verbier ski area itself for example), but need to be sure before I commit.

So anyway if you're going out there maybe you know something about the proportion of the ski area still up and running? Or maybe there's somebody else out there who could give me a clearer picture of how much is left. - Much appreciated if so.
Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apologies for delay responding. Don't usually access this site when away from my PC.

Bruson area is shut. Closed last weekend.

Haven't been over to Tracouet sectionof Nendaz or Savoleyres yet so can't really comment, but thought I saw something about the piste link from the latter being closed (but the buses are still running).

I got all the way across to Les Masses today and the very bottom bit of the red run disappearing off the side of the map is closed but I think that was it.

You can still ski / board all the way to the bottom of Medran but it's getting VERY thin on cover.

So, in conclusion, the majority is still open, almost certainly the bits you'll be interested in.

The itineraries look like horrible mogul mountains to a boarder like me and if you can find how to get to the Verbier snow park, you're a better man than me!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nick M, everything good and high is open and some fresh snow and cold temps forecast tonight/tomorrow.

@jebroni3_16, the snowpark is in La Chaux. Easiest way over is to take aka Chaux express from Ruinettes - up the escalator as you come off the bubble. Or take the Funispace and as you are skiing back down to Les Ruinettes take the path on the left hand side
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jebroni3_16, if it’s snowing in the morning, take the bus over to Savoleyres and ski the trees down towards La Tzoumaz. Pretty mellow and also nice between the pistes which should suit you on a board if there’s a few cm of fresh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best to post Verbier questions in the dedicated thread to catch the eyes of the locals: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138862&start=280
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @BobinCH

I was making the mistake of just trying to swing past there at the end of the day, having come down Gentianes and then got my bearings completely wrong after I headed back up La Chaux 2.

Funnily enough was already thinking of Savoleyres first thing tomorrow too Very Happy

Will leave this thread alone now in case Simone ever comes back to it...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm here anyway, I came on Sunday, I really don't know what on earth gave me the idea there might be any problems, there certainly aren't. Everywhere I've tried to go has been open as usual. Conditions all seem fine and it was even snowing a bit this afternoon!
Clearly I was talking hogwash earlier, sorry about that. Happy

Quote:

Will leave this thread alone now in case Simone ever comes back to it...

Oh yes and apologies to Simone for taking this off on a tangent, I really didn't mean to hijack it like that. Hope you managed to get off somewhere too.

Quote:

Best to post Verbier questions in the dedicated thread to catch the eyes of the locals

Correct and duly noted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy