Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club End of Season party, anyone going?

Poster: A snowHead
Any snowheads heading along to the SCGB party?
Not bad value - £10 for a burger & a beer!
Asked and it's not just members only (despite what it says)
https://www.skiclub.co.uk/events/2019/03/end-of-season-party
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sethpistol wrote:
£10 for a burger & a beer!

What? I'd expect canapés and a G&T at the Club. Standards, my dear boy! rolling eyes Laughing

(No, I'm not going.)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll go if DG goes.

I wonder why its not at the SCGB White Haus pub.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sethpistol, yer pullin' ma puddin' Shocked beer 'n' burgers in Wimbledon!!!

WTF happened to Pimms and Amuse-bouche? Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately I'm washing my hair. Otherwise I'd be delighted to chum it up with @gerry and his fellow xenophobes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:

^ this ??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm. The City on a weekend? Talk about your budget off-season!

They sold the White House off a few years back I think - probably when the council issued them all those 'cease and desist' notices about the overgrown pampas grasses out the front...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not the old Wimbledon White House, I was referring to this White Haus

https://www.thewhitehaus.co.uk/about/

Which is supposed to be supported by SCGB (or its marketed that way anyway) so odd that SCGB are not supporting it in this case by having a function there on what would be a quiet night for it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ster, I suspect it's not big enough
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could be, I wonder how many they are expecting.

Though White Haus is a decent size being spread over 3 floors as I recall from a couple of visits but maybe not the 300 the proposed venue says it can hold.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Unfortunately I'm washing my hair. Otherwise I'd be delighted to chum it up with @gerry and his fellow xenophobes.

loads of bedwetty, crybaby remoaners in the Ski Club and bound to be a load there on the night.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ster, about 150 and I expect they won't want small numbers on 3 floors for atmosphere
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gerry wrote:
loads of bedwetty, crybaby remoaners in the Ski Club and bound to be a load there on the night.

Doesn't that just illustrate why @Goldschmuck is kinda right?

@Gerry, you are why the SCGB is irreverent to the sport today. . . Jebus! rolling eyes You can't even organise a pissup without pissing off most of your potential guests rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:

Doesn't that just illustrate why @Goldschmuck is kinda right?

@Gerry, you are why the SCGB is irreverent to the sport today. . . Jebus! rolling eyes You can't even organise a pissup without pissing off most of your potential guests rolling eyes

I'm not organising anything, you imbecile. I'm not even going, in fact.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gerry wrote:

So let me get this straight . . . You have nothing to do with the SCGB, don't support it, nor have any interest in it? . .
snow report
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:

So let me get this straight . . . .

You'll never get this straight. You've held a deep hatred for the Ski Club and its members since a groups of them didn't want you to go with them on your board as they all felt you would have held them up or compromised the choice of off-piste terrain.
snow report
Yip I'm going and I'm looking forward to meeting people that like skiing and boarding. This petty uniformed knocking of the Ski Club seems to have become the orthodox on this site and is pretty tedious.
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
Yip I'm going and I'm looking forward to meeting people that like skiing and boarding. This petty uniformed knocking of the Ski Club seems to have become the orthodox on this site and is pretty tedious.

It's not 'become the orthodox' it's simply always been like that since day one particularly for some of the original members here.
ski holidays
Gerry wrote:
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:

You'll never get this straight. You've held a deep hatred for the Ski Club and its members since a groups of them didn't want you to go with them on your board as they all felt you would have held them up or compromised the choice of off-piste terrain.

That's interesting, my first interaction with the SCGB was 'almost' that. I was a full time boarder at that time and (blowing a perhaps over large trumpet), was halfway decent at sliding . . . However, the SCGB rep I engaged in conversation with was dismissive to the point of gross insult regarding the sport of snowboarding . . . That wasn't you was it?

I don't hate the SCGB, I can't even hate the ex-wife who was sleeping with her supervisor rolling eyes I do have a deep loathing for the indolent, insouciance the SCGB exercises towards those that actually get out there and challenge themselves in a hostile environment. @Gerry, you don't represent any of us and the last thing you should ever be is a representative of the SCGB.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:

This topic has been widely covered for many years and there are 3 factors at play:

1. SH was born out of SCGB conflict. Being a hater is a tradition.
2. Class wars. Rich (SCGB) vs. poor (SH).
3. Brits love to drag down successful folk.
latest report
chocksaway wrote:

I think you'll find it's the SKGB like wearing uniforms and wristbands wink More seriously though there are plenty of nice SCGB members and "representatives" most of us would be delighted to ski with. There are also some utter tools. Snowheads isn't necessarily any different although the tools tend not to be elevated to positions of great authority.
latest report
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:

That's interesting, my first interaction with the SCGB was 'almost' that. I was a full time boarder at that time and (blowing a perhaps over large trumpet), was halfway decent at sliding . . . However, the SCGB rep I engaged in conversation with was dismissive to the point of gross insult regarding the sport of snowboarding . . . That wasn't you was it?

I don't hate the SCGB, I can't even hate the ex-wife who was sleeping with her supervisor rolling eyes I do have a deep loathing for the indolent, insouciance the SCGB exercises towards those that actually get out there and challenge themselves in a hostile environment. @Gerry, you don't represent any of us and the last thing you should ever be is a representative of the SCGB.

No, it wasn't me. You being on a board would have made no difference to me but I'm pretty sure I would have worked out what you are within a few minutes and told you to get lost as well.
snow report
although the tools tend not to be elevated to positions of great authority.
Oh crap, that's me fûcked wink
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

This topic has been widely covered for many years and there are 3 factors at play:

1. SH was born out of SCGB conflict. Being a hater is a tradition.
2. Class wars. Rich (SCGB) vs. poor (SH).
3. Brits love to drag down successful folk.

This is of course one of the fabrications that gets told again and again. The truth is that the Ski Club is a diverse as snowHeads.

http://youtube.com/v/0KeX5OZr0A4
ski holidays
Gerry wrote:
No, it wasn't me. You being on a board would have made no difference to me but I'm pretty sure I would have worked out what you are within a few minutes and told you to get lost as well.

And there you have it. I may well be an irascible, misanthropic old fart ( I was younger then) . . . But I love falling down a hill with some attendant grace and competence. And I can on a snowboard . . . there's the rub @Gerry, you have no concept nor experience of my snow skills yet you are completely happy to denigrate me a as person . . . And still you wonder why we want to scrape you off the sole of our shoes?
snow report
ster wrote:
I'll go if DG goes.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/wtf-ski-club/ski-club-of-great-britaingets-radical-but-secretive-at-2017-agm/1149262008510018/
snow report
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:

And there you have it. I may well be an irascible, misanthropic old fart ( I was younger then) . . . But I love falling down a hill with some attendant grace and competence. And I can on a snowboard . . . there's the rub @Gerry, you have no concept nor experience of my snow skills yet you are completely happy to denigrate me a as person . . . And still you wonder why we want to scrape you off the sole of our shoes?

Masque, yes I am.
snow report
@Gerry, and that's why you and the SCGB has become irrelevant to the sport. Yer just a sad anachronism, a dag to dissolve in the dip of snowsport future. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
@Gerry, and that's why you and the SCGB has become irrelevant to the sport. Yer just a sad anachronism, a dag to dissolve in the dip of snowsport future. rolling eyes

Yet the Ski Club remains relevant to its 27,000 members.
snow report
Now you've gone and done it. Nuffink more certain to summon the spirit of Goldsmith than an aggressive assertion re membership numbers.....

How many of those students on a freebie BTW?
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Now you've gone and done it. Nuffink more certain to summon the spirit of Goldsmith than an aggressive assertion re membership numbers.....

How many of those students on a freebie BTW?

The student membership thing is under a different brand called Line-S or something. All to do with the Ski Club and university ski clubs collaborating. That 27,000 I quote is made up of single and family memberships.
latest report
@Gerry, so you think 'membership numbers' defines the soul of the community eh?

Yet here you are, posting on what is at best a beer free, crowdfunded pub of interweirdos that somehow manages to GET IT RIGHT ?

Seriously @Gerry, yooz fookers in SCGB couldn't organise a happy ending at a massage parlour rolling eyes
snow report
Masque wrote:
@Gerry, so you think 'membership numbers' defines the soul of the community eh?

Yet here you are, posting on what is at best a beer free, crowdfunded pub of interweirdos that somehow manages to GET IT RIGHT ?

Seriously @Gerry, yooz fookers in SCGB couldn't organise a happy ending at a massage parlour rolling eyes

Well, 3k going on club holidays, 2.5k skiing with leaders in resorts and 2k skiing in instructor groups in france seems like a decent level of engagement to me.
snow conditions
@Gerry, and how many keep coming back? You miss the point flower, here it's about community, people sharing, why are you here? It's not as if we're going to join the SCGB. You being a fücknut is not any enticement to join the SCGB. So just why are you here frotaging the forum?
snow conditions
sethpistol wrote:
Asked and it's not just members only (despite what it says)

Seems a strange strategy, allow non-members but specifically write:
"Tickets are £10 per member" and "Please note this is a ticketed , member only event and you will be required to show your ticket & ski club membership upon arrival at the venue."

I've never really understood the Ski Club/sH rivalry (in terms of members siding on one or the other), although having discovered Snowheads first I've never felt the need to follow up on Club membership. As an online community sH is definitely more visible, whenever I was googling questions about skiing when I first took it up, this site was always the one to bring up the answers.
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
@Gerry, and how many keep coming back? It's not as if we're going to join the SCGB. You being a fücknut is not any enticement to join the SCGB. So just why are you here frotaging the forum?

Churn rate is about 5% on membership as a whole. I'm here just to have my say on the topics of the Ski Club and brexit.
ski holidays
the rivalry is history and was put to bed years ago.
certain individuals (Gerry/Gotama86/...) insist on ensuring that it's not consigned to history, and have to remind everyone that we're sposed to still hate them for being evicted. I don't. I just loathe specific individuals, some of whom I've never even met. and I am one of the evictees and signed up on sH in week #1.
most sH are either a scgb member too, or just couldn't give 2 hoots.

odd to allow non-members but needing membership card.
latest report
@Gerry, prurient curiosity. . . . In what way do you represent the Ski Club?

As fer Brexit (you could at least grant that fückup the honorific of capitalisation) that wee Freudian slip is exactly why you racist Nazis should be put against a wall and shot . . . I sort of want to put a winking emoji here, but no @Gerry, represents the small heads that can't see beyond the 1950s and are still angry at losing the 'Empire'.
snow report
andy wrote:
the rivalry is history and was put to bed years ago.
certain individuals (Gerry/Gotama86/...) insist on ensuring that it's not consigned to history, and have to remind everyone that we're sposed to still hate them for being evicted. I don't. I just loathe specific individuals, some of whom I've never even met. and I am one of the evictees and signed up on sH in week #1.
most sH are either a scgb member too, or just couldn't give 2 hoots.

odd to allow non-members but needing membership card.

The truth is that no one was deliberately evicted. What happened was the ski club were worried about being sued via libelous comments in the chat forum and decided they wanted the full details of anyone posting. They felt the best why to get these details was to ask everyone to join. Unfortunately the CEO made a complete balls up by closing to non members without notifying people first.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy