Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying off Ebay - help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone bought from a German website called Sportslife4you ?

Do you think it would be safe to buy skis from there ?

How often do Rossi skis wrong, what are the chances I might need to make a warranty claim ?

I have bought on Ebay before but never a large expensive item from abroad.

As the seller is in the EU I'm assuming there will be no taxes or import duties, etc.

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have purchased from germany before, but usually shops with a website. However if you pay via your credit card then if it does not turn up or is significantly not good you can claim via credit card, so reasonsably safe. Warranty issues at a later date may be interesting however. Just make sure they are a pair ie. matching serial numbers and they seem in good nick and are not seconds when you get them ie. the top sheets are straight, no strange blemishes etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carroz,

Yes I would like to pay by Credit card but the seller will only take direct debit or international money transfer, which I thought was strange. In their favour, they have over 7,000 sales and a 100% feedback record. They are a powerseller with an extensive range of skiing goods and watches(?) on offer.

How would I know if the "top sheets" are not straight, would the graphics be out of line ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alot of us bought from ski bilek with no problems-they don't take credit cards either but did do paypal for international transfers. Hope it goes well
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mike.healy wrote:
carroz,

but the seller will only take direct debit or international money transfer, which I thought was strange.

Steer clear.
latest report
 brian
brian
mike.healy, credit card or paypal offer protection against fraud, if they don't offer either of these I wouldn't bother.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mike.healy, I bought in similar circumstances (i.e. International Money Order) from a German company called SkiKeller (who I think might be connected to SportLife4You).

I have bought quite a bit of stuff online and was pretty wary. Their English wasn't the best, but fair play they actually dropped the price for me during our correspondence (400 euros for Dynastar 8000 w/bindings delivered to UK). I transferred the money via my bank (with annoying £20 charge).

They were shipped by ruthlessly efficient German company which enabled me to waste a lot of time tracking my parcel right across Europe to my front door.

As has been mentioned, be wary, but that's my experience and a very good one.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian wrote:
paypal offer protection against fraud

Since when Confused Last I heard of it they were merely a conduit for the payment,and offered no such protection in law?However,I dont use them,so could easily be out of touch Embarassed
As far as German sellers are concerned,try www.sport-conrad.com .Secure site,good prices and excellent service.Personally,I treat eBay like the bookies;don't gamble what you cant afford to lose wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I buy a lot of stuff from Germany ebay... it's VERY usual for German sellers not to use paypal as most transactions over there are done by debit cards or bank transfers (an electronic version of the old fashioned British cheque) and credit cards are not so frequently used.

You could ask him for his BIC and IBAN number and do a bank transfer from your local bank, this is the normal way that two people would exchange money in germany.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
from memory from law school days a long time ago, consumer protection law re credit cards is there is a tri-partite agreement for supply of goods involving supplier, credit card co and consumer. this means if supplier doesn't produce goods credit card company is liable for non-delivery. I don't think this has changed but I don't profess expertise.
latest report
 brian
brian
snowskisnow,

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/general/PBPInfo-outside

Actually it only applies to trusted e-bay sellers up to £500, that's all I've used paypal for. Worth looking out for the shield on e-bay though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carroz, dan100, bh1, brian, damburton, snowskisnow, Alexandra, Thank you all for your input, very helpful.

I found a set on Filarinskis for £346 and ordered them yesterday but today they wrote and said they are out of stock.

Decathlon have got a set for £284 with the Axium 300 binding but I'm confident now about the german site, it is Skikeller so I have ordered a set from them with the Axial2 120 Pro bindings and sent the money, £293 plus £21 for the money transfer. Translating the T&Cs using Babelfish took ages.

Fingers crossed now. Hoping for a set with straight top sheets, matching serial numbers, no damage and the 120TI bindings not the plain 120. The picture on Ebay showed the 120TI. I guess the Ti version uses titanium and will be slightly lighter. I hope Rosignol's warranty will be EU wide, if not I would have to send them back to Germany if I get problems.

I will keep you posted when they arrive.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As Alexandra said, German eBayers do not like c/c or Paypal because of their fees but most of them are sound as a pound!

Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/internet/internet_20060328.shtml

Talk about coincidence wink Perhaps the producer is a snowHead Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy