Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weather outlook

brian
brian
I'm off to Morzine on Thursday so naturally have entered a phase of extreme weather obsessiveness rolling eyes

So for the Haute Savoie:

The end of the current tropical mildness tomorrow, with snow to progressively lower levels through the day down to 1200m or so overnight into Wednesday I would think.

Then it warms up again Thursday/Friday with a freezing level peaking around 2000m, possibly further rain/snow but not as heavy. The outlook for the weekend is slightly cooler and mainly dry.

Hopefully excellent spring conditions for me. See you on the Swiss wall !

Very uncertain heading into next week.

Meanwhile back at home:

Scotland is in the grip of a fairly diabolical thaw, but the snowpack is pretty well consolidated and most of the main runs should survive. It should cool down here tomorrow as well and stay reasonably cool through the week with hopefully a bit more snow.

The potential for another cold outbreak into next week is favoured at the moment. So fingers crossed for a good Easter snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Scotland is in the grip of a fairly diabolical thaw, but the snowpack is pretty well consolidated and most of the main runs should survive. It should cool down here tomorrow as well and stay reasonably cool through the week with hopefully a bit more snow

Thats good to hear, but on Sunday the problem for the resorts was lack of skiers not lack of snow. On Sunday I was at Cairngorm. It was sunny, the snow was good soft spring snow, though it was a bit sticky by the afternoon. Most runs were open and full width including the Ciste Gulley. Yet there was not a single queue and it was quieter than it was on a Friday a couple of weeks ago. So where was everyone the skiing was brilliant!

People were complaining about poor service, massive queues and full carparks causing the closing of the Glenmore gates at the beginning of March. Yet how can CML be expected to run a bussiness when the demand is so variable that only 3 weekends later they only just filled the Cas carpark
latest report
 brian
brian
Dave Horsley, probably a lot were put off by the massive queues and full carparks the last time they went ?

Even in the "good old days" the numbers always tailed off into April though. The golf clubs/bowling greens/garden centres and other such bizarre non-skiing things people waste their time on are starting to ramp up now.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hopefully easter hols will be busy for scotland!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy