Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you get obsessive pre-trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I start refreshing snow-forecast about 4 times a day (yes..I know it doesn't change as often as that!).

I check this section of snowHeads just as often...reading each new posting from wherever it is so as to glean every bit of information.

I look at the snow reports in the paper...how does Verbier have 55cm on the lower runs for days at a time with recent high temperatures? I guess you can read those numbers with rose-tinted goggles if you want to!

Just 4 days to go and we're off for 10!!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rungsp, if snow-forecast doesn't update often enough, go direct to GFS, 4 times a day at:

www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten

Also check ECM, fax charts, webcams, snowheads, savoie meteo, etc. etc.

Sometimes I'm amazed I get any work done at all Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp, 26 sleeps to go and I'm obsessing already... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well it's feasible...ish (on maintaining snow depths). High temps themselves don't actually deplete snow *that* quickly when compared with, say, warm rain! That's the main end-of-season party-pooper as the (relatively) warm rain affects the snow much more than just sunshine/heat. Obviously this is all relative - I'm talking about bright sunshine/warm temps when affecting (or not!) bright white snow. Of course once the snow starts to discolour, it starts to absorb more light/heat and the slippery slope to ruin (or mud) isn't far away. If the pistes are white and bright, then they can resist direct sunlight and heat for a suprisingly large amount of time...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5 sleeps to go...yes I do the sleep coutdown thing.
Start widning kids up
Start really winding wife up
Call colleagues to my PC to look at webcams
Snowheads all day
Snow forecast morning and night

However

NO LISTS!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What do you call "pre-trip" ? I'm obsessive from the day the holiday is booked, need to know everything in the minuteist detail (sad I know, but it's a habit I just can't break).

Still only 5 days to go now, then the obsession can turn to the next trip.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, I get 'obsessive' before a trip. Symptoms include poring over piste maps, viewing webcams, checking forecasts, obtaining restaurant/bar recommendations etc etc.

What always annoys me though is that it has been known for people to take the mickey regarding this type of behaviour, but then what do you know, these same individuals are then more than happy for me to lead them about the mountain, show them the best restaurants and generally benefit from the knowledge that I have gained.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's part of the fun of a ski trip; planning the adventure, familiarising yourself, customising the itinerary and making the most of the limited time to maximise the value derived from the trip relative to the skills that you possess. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You can't do that to the same degree on a beach holiday (althugh my preference is for west facing and fine sand rolling eyes )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy