Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Im Buying a New Board

Poster: A snowHead
right what are your top tips..
6 foot 1
14 n a half stone
size 11 plates so will need to be a wide one

pretty damn tidy on the piste . even if i do say so myself.. Shocked
pretty tidy inthe powder too..
fine on the crap
average on moguls
no real int in the park.. aprt from the odd token leap..

im thinking 167 long and something on the stiff side (ohh err)

new bindings as well straps toe caps i reckon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Canv - how much cash do you have?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
Loads

Good answer !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
for a board - these are very good - if you don't need a big name brand:

http://www.donek.com/products.htm

I have the incline and it is really stiff and stable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stephen bleakley, intresting.. any idea what the shipping time is from ordering?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know what it is now - I bought mine at the end of 2000 and at that time they made every board to order - I think they hold some in stock now.
They have since introduced the "all-in" pricing structure for Europe too - 440E for a board of such quality is a good price.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CANV CANVINGTON, buy a mac Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CANV CANVINGTON,

Even for your height and weight thats a large deck. Thats would be perfect for powder but a bit of a tank for piste. As powder is not always guaranteed there will be a bit of piste riding.

I would recommend the following....

Ride Yukon 163 or 168 (if you do want big)
Option Supercharger 165
Lib Tech Pacifier 164
K2 Titan 163 or 166
K2 Recon Riser 165
Rome Anthem 163 or 166

Boots???? get to a shop and try as many as you want till you get the best fit.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you do almost all freeride, and are good at it, I see no reason why not to go with a 165-168 at your height/weight. Anything much smaller than 165 will not have very good float for your height/weight, and will be less stable in the crud for sure. My suggestions would be:
- Option Supercharger 165
- Rome Flag 168
- Never Summer Legacy 166
- Burton Baron ES 168

As for good, responsive bindings with toe-caps, you could be looking at:
- Burton Cartel
- Ride Spi/Team/Tomcat
- Rome 390/Targa
- Salomon SPX 44/55/88
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
saxabar wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON, buy a mac Toofy Grin
touche
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks very much for the input.. im erring towards the 169 incline (wide).. more my style i think..
stephen bleakley, yes that all in pricing idea is a good one.. cant beat the americans for being client orientated

now to hack through some of these suggested bindings
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For freeride, Salomon SPX 55s are supposed to be very good. Haven't tried them myself, but in general I think Salomon make some of the best bindings out there. Worth a look at the very least.
Also, if at all possible, try to demo the donek board and a few others before buying, though it could be tough to get your hands on a donek demo.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ponder, indeed it will.. i may just wing it n get one.. as with all these things many hours are spent fretting n choosing.. fk me i have just spent 30 mins discussing what colour to get!! once it arrives you dont really care about 4 cm's here n there or wether black looks a bit rough once it gets scuffed up..!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CANV, I just bought some new bindings from these guys: They seem to have the heaviest reductions I've seen this season (so far):

http://www.noahsarksnowboards.co.uk

Although, don't go off the website regarding their stock - you will need to give them a ring.
ski holidays
trying to source some large salomon spx 55's at mom not having much luck
thks for the link stephen bleakley, but they are out of stock at mom tho they do have the 44's
ski holidays
Philip Prior, why would it be a tank? I have a Rad Air tanker 182. It carves great on piste and obviously rocks in the powder. The only place I can think the length would affect is in moguls and for freestyle, neither of which are interesting to me. I weigh less than 14 stone BTW.

I'm amazed that you guys can tell the difference between a 165 or a 169. In terms of piste behaviour, the effective edge length and sidecut radius will have much more effect.

CANV CANVINGTON, if the Doneks are a competitive price I would get one. They are always well regarded on www.bomberonline.com (American hard boot forum) as is the Tanker.

I got my Tanker brand new on ebay.de for 100 Euros.
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON, try a Bataleon board. stiff fast and hard and extaordinarily good in powder, given its stiffness (Blue Tomato stocks them)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy