Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowcard Insurance...

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing, always good to maximise your web revenue stream though, and having used Snowcard since 1999, recommending them to all her guests and about 3 links on her site to them Susan Beesley seems to be doing just that - not good to have a snowHeads post from 2006 with some bad PR knocking around in such circumstances wink

To be serious though, there are some good testimonials on here which would warrant referral, so fair play to Snowcard
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

then throw a Pandora

Wayne, why do you keep going on about me? Are you harbouring a secret crush? Fwiw, I'd completely forgotten about you, but a quick search of posts on this forum made by you and containing my name suggests you think about me much more than I think about you. Laughing Dear me! rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pandora wrote:
Quote:

then throw a Pandora

Wayne, why do you keep going on about me? Are you harbouring a secret crush? Fwiw, I'd completely forgotten about you, but a quick search of posts on this forum made by you and containing my name suggests you think about me much more than I think about you. Laughing Dear me! rolling eyes

I just thought your BIG whinge was so over the top it deserves to become a verb

In years to come people in strange foreign countries (like France) will be conjugating the verb To Pandora

I have not quite got the deffinition correct yet - maybe someone can help Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne, I think you were rather biased against pandora, 's post, given that you are a TO yourself
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott, Bias or not, I knew exactly what 'doing a Pandora' meant in the context of this thread Little Angel I think the phrase might well slip in to general snowheads use wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, yep me too.

Did we ever hear the result BTW?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
never saw the thread... care to share anyone
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, nope
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1463805&highlight=#1463805, but as already mentioned we didn't find out what if anything happened in the end.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Wayne, I think you were rather biased against pandora, 's post, given that you are a TO yourself

Shocked
The eloquently worded voice of reason, passing down, sage-like, learned and carefully considered opinions, biased ? Moi... Toofy Grin Would a dying Mercutio have a better answer with his last breath? I think not. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
snowbunny, that must have been annoying, but probably most insurance companies would do the same. They only survive, after all, if they mostly insure people against things that ain't gonna happen.

What I felt unreasonable was that they would only continue to insure me against unrelated conditions. This was nonsense, as no condition had been diagnosed, and a diagnosis was not going to be made until an MRI was completed and the consultant had studied the results.

As a policyholder, how would I be able to prove in the event of a claim that a previously insured risk was unrelated to the (un)diagnosed condition. Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, so if you did not have a problem why did you notify them ? sometimes you have to box clever
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny wrote:
I'd read my Snowcard Ski policy when I duly informed them that I'd been referred for an MRI scan on 1 knee one summer. Their swift response was to withdraw cover for knee related conditions...

What else did you expect?? Any insurance company with an ounce of sense would have too.
Quote:
Snowcard however, would not reinstate cover until I'd sent the consultants' letter to them several times over.

Not good, though every company screws up sometime.
Quote:
Contemplated driving it to their office. I've not been back. Skied 40 days last winter, knee just the same as usual, but now I know how to manage it. Snowcard for me were just a tad too keen to take their umbrella back.

Your call. I'm sticking with them, following their very good treatment of me when I had an accident in Alpe D'Huez.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Wayne wrote:
Quote:

then throw a Pandora

I just thought your BIG whinge was so over the top it deserves to become a verb

Just jumping in before Hurtle gets to you. It might deserve to be a verb, but you've made it a noun. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, Laughing
snow conditions
brian, verbalising a noun eh Little Angel
ski holidays
brian, Laughing But, Wayne, it's a lovely turn of phrase, however you define it.
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
snowbunny, so if you did not have a problem why did you notify them ? sometimes you have to box clever

The policy required me to notify them of any material facts which might affect the terms of the cover. So seeing a consultant and having an MRI Scan ordered would most likely be considered material facts. Boxing clever only works in this instance if you don't need to make a claim at any stage of the current policy life.

achilles with their policy costing me close on £200 for a couple, I'd expected a better service.
They withdrew cover for any knee related conditions, when I was due a scan on 1 knee, which turned out to be an age related degeneration, and nothing exciting. I have 2 knees, and they didn't even bother to check which one was being scanned. I consider that shoddy practice.
snow report
Putting together what you have said over a few posts it does not seem to me that Snowcard have been particularly OTT. Any one who has received a specific MRI referral for a knee problem means there is some serious medical concern because NHS do not dish out MRI scans too easily (unless you went private wink ), add to it that you are undertaking a sport that specifically puts a lot of pressure on the knee, and the unknown because you had not had anything diagnosed, then I would not in the circumstances expect too much from an insurer, irrespective of not having referred to a specific knee - it is not as if you are going to ski one legged on the good knee wink

A referral from a doc for an MRI scan may or may not be a material fact, but Snowcard would obviously hedge their bets and elect to consider it so, as would most insurance companies

snowbunny wrote:
The policy required me to notify them of any material facts which might affect the terms of the cover ........ I'd read my Snowcard Ski policy when I duly informed them that I'd been referred for an MRI scan on 1 knee one summer ..... no condition had been diagnosed, and a diagnosis was not going to be made until an MRI was completed and the consultant had studied the results..... .... Snowcard however, would not reinstate cover until I'd sent the consultants' letter to them several times over
ski holidays
it is perfectly possible to insure an excluded injury, most companies have a referrals department who will pass on underwritting of a previous injury, think it cost me a whole £9 to add the OH's previously dislocated patella (only needs to be an addition for 18 months from last treatment on our policy)
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
CEM, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1463805&highlight=#1463805, but as already mentioned we didn't find out what if anything happened in the end.

ah yes i do remember it well.... Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Good lord - if I were a rep from "snowcard" I'd want to be disassociated from Susan Beesley rather than one unhappy testimonial. How on earth can her type of "publicity" be good for any company? Seriously, if they're paying her I wouldn't touch them with someone else's! Shocked

Wayne, you really need to get over the whole Pandora thing. All she did was complain about a TO - if I'd paid for one of your holidays I'd be complaining that you sell Italy and use Utah for your promos...
ski holidays
Alexandra, I think she stumbled on to the thread through google and did not realise it was 4 years old. No idea if she gets paid by Snowcard but her web site includes a few links to them - maybe she gets 'paid per click' the same way snowHeads does for their favoured insurers. Nothing said here would put me off Snowcard Little Angel
latest report
brian wrote:
It might deserve to be a verb, but you've made it a noun. wink

No, it a verb.

Throw a Pandora (verb).
To take a nominally reasonable complaint and through hyperbole, innuendo and inflation of the problem transform it into Whinge, with the proviso that the person Throwing A Pandora should do so anonymously, e.g. on an internet forum.

Thrown a Pandora
To receive an anonymous whinge.

Conjugation e.g.
We are Throwing a Pandora.
To join in with the person Throwing a Pandora or to exacerbate by encouragement.

I have Thrown a Pandora.
To Throw a Pandora then leave the discussion.

Plural
Scatter a Pandora (extremely common)
To Throw a Pandora on a number of internet forums

Antonym
Pull a Pandora (extremely rare)
To admit that your original Throwing a Pandora was over the top.

Etymology
Pandora’s Box – Originally a jar but, due to an incorrect translation of Hesiod’s tale of Pandora by Erasmus of Rotterdam, is now colloquially known as a box.
The jar was given by Zeus to Pandora and contained all the evils of the world. She was instructed not to open the jar but disobeyed this order and released all the evils now present.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Alexandra wrote:
if I'd paid for one of your holidays I'd be complaining that you sell Italy and use Utah for your promos...

Puzzled
snow conditions
If this is Susan Beesley's website I think I am going to vomit. Shocked
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, you'll have to wait, I'm occupying the vomitorium.
latest report

Join the queue.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
don't try laughing and vomming at the same time - it comes out of your nose!
snow report
rayscoops, It was a private referral, for a private consultation and for a private MRI, which was to confirm the Orthopaedic consultant's initial suspicions. Snowcard pulled the plug on my cover for a July Hiking trip. Additionally, many years ago, I had a ski policy with Snowcard, and needed an Arthroscopy at the end of a ski season. Back then, there was no question of withdrawing any cover, got the boss on the phone who was very reassuring.

How times change.

CEM I imagine it is quite possible to insure any pre-existing condition. It would have been nice to have been offered at least some choice in the matter.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:
If this is Susan Beesley's website I think I am going to vomit. Shocked

I truly wish I'd not followed your link Shocked
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Wayne wrote:

No, it a verb.

No it's not. A window does not become a verb if I open it.
latest report
brian,

Yes it is, it's a "phrasal verb".

eg.
To run a mile is not a verb as such as it means to run for a mile in distance, but when used as phrasal veb "run a mile" is the action of getting away from the bar before you have to pay for your round wink ....... not metnioning any names but this applies to a noted snowHead so, in this case "run a mile" becomes a verb.

Anyway, I have to get back to work now. Toofy Grin
snow report
Wayne, nice. (I haven't looked anything up to verify this, but it looks plausible.)
snow report
 brian
brian
Wayne, no it's not, neither is "run a mile", which is simply a phrase. A phrasal verb is a combination of verb and preposition, not verb and object. Some examples:

http://www.advanced-english-grammar.com/phrasal-verb-run.html
latest report
Pass the popcorn, please. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hurtle, can you decide the winner please Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops, can't face doing the research required. Sorry. wink
latest report
Hurtle, reasearch Shocked I thought you just knew this stuff Puzzled
snow report
I agree with Ni....brian
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy