Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Apache Crossfires 174cm

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I wonder if any of you guys can help me. I'm looking for some Crossfires for sensible money and wondered if anyone knew a good dealer with stock - dont mind buying over the Web preferably Europe.

Thanks

Mark
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi mark, welcome to snowHead

Try Ski-bilek in Germany, or maybe telemark-pyrennees.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there's one on ebay from Germany, and loads from the US

also try

http://www.ski-bilek.de/
http://www.sport-conrad.de/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski bilek don't sell K2. Try Fischer RX8. A few of us on here have them. they are a fantastic ski which you'll pick up ski bilek for £225 ish inc postage.

A mate of mine has just bought some crossfires, I'll find out how much for and what price. He said he had a deal, but not as good as on other skis. He had the impression they were difficult to get hold of in the UK. Try ringing Barry Ski Lodge in Barry in S. Wlaes. They might sell them and usually have an end of season sale about now
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Guys - I cant find a deal in the UK, the States is better but the Postage normally kills it thats why I was hoping to find an intra EU deal
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TwoSeasons.co.uk -my friend bought them from here, but for £399. I think you'll do well to find a deal unless you can sweet talk a shop in a resort. I think K2' sdistributors have always had a reasonably tight control on supply in europe. Best of luck if you do find a good outlet for K2s let us know. Consider the Fischer RX8 (reviews and a comparison of Rx8 and Crossfire ) on www.ski-review.com. I think they're great.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Guys - I cant find a deal in the UK, the States is better but the Postage normally kills it thats why I was hoping to find an intra EU deal
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marksovereign, Funnily enough I just tried a pair of those at the weekend.

They were much stiffer than I thought they were going to be considering they're supposed to be an 'all mountain' ski which I'd take to mean good on and off piste. I'm 6ft and 80 kg and I had to get going pretty quick before they started performing nicely ... they were very hard work at low speed and I was so knackered by the end of the first day that I took them back and changed them .. I'd say you'd have to be a pretty heavy, very aggressive skier to get the best of them.

Anyway, the shop I hired them from (Sport & Mode Tritscher - Stadttor, Schaldming) were selling off this seasons rental stock for reasonable prices though ... the pair I ended up with (Rossignol XFight 600) were available for 250 Euro. The Crossfires I hired were in very good nick so if they were letting those go at the same price I'd say that would be a very good deal ... their email address is - office@tritscher.at
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Rich

Thanks for the heads up, I've just Emailed them to see what they have - I'll keep you posted.

Interested in your comments - I'm 97 kgs and 6ft and thought that maybe the Apache X may be a bit soft , so thought the crossfire may be better as its stiffer- I still wanted a relatively narrow waisted ski as most of my skiing is on piste hence not looking at the recons.

Mark
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rich

Just to update you Sport & Mode Tritscher - Stadttor replied pretty quickly that they had sold out of Crossfires

Thanks anyway

Mark
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marksovereign, have a try at lockwoods in leamington, it is about this time that they go on sale, not sure the price but worth a look

www.lockwoods.com
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RichA, what length?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
comprex wrote:
RichA, what length?

174 cm ... I'd imagine the 181's would be a real handful.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marksovereign wrote:
Rich

Just to update you Sport & Mode Tritscher - Stadttor replied pretty quickly that they had sold out of Crossfires

Thanks anyway

Mark

shame

maybe they are going to use the pair I hired again next season .. they looked like they'd hardly been used.

good luck getting hold of some Crossfires .. might be worth trying them first

here's a discussion by a load of sceptics that put me onto them in the first place

http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/66/30/

Rich
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Rich

I might have found some !!!! Ex rentals I'll keep you posted

Mark
snow conditions
Found Some - Yeaaaaa ! Ex Rentals skied 6 weeks- Full Stone ground base refurb and service Toofy Grin - Euro 325 from Freeride in Meribel
snow conditions
Found Some - Yeaaaaa ! Ex Rentals skied 6 weeks- Full Stone ground base refurb and service Toofy Grin - Euro 325 from Freeride in Meribel
ski holidays
marksovereign,

well done mate ... hope you enjoy them more than I did !!

did you come across any Recons in your searches ?? ... want to try them first but i do like the sound of them.

Rich
ski holidays
Rich

theyve got some at Freeride
latest report
RichA,

RECONS
- just saw these on Ebay
latest report
marksovereign,

I'm bemused about the Recon's..they sound like a ski I would like to try for their all round capabilities and despite their rave reviews and awards they tend to get panned on here....!!! I have never found them at the right time..or if I have, they have lost out to XL's or 8000's. The former will hold an edge like nobodies business and the latter floats a bit better. If they are up there with these two skis, then you have a great ski..
latest report
Is the XL not a bit more hardcore than a recon. I was of the understanding that you need some big balls to get the most out of em. Those ones on ebay have demo bindings, I would tend to steer clear of em cos of the extra weight, though for some I suppose its not as much of an issue.
snow report
Edmundh009,

So they say....but I find them great....don't know what that says about me as a skier, but they are a great all-round ski.
The XL is suppose to be a stiff ski..again, what does that mean.? The only thing I would suggest is to try them if you have advanced type turns and like a ski on edge. It is also very fast in a straight line and the tips don't chatter. The edge hold and straight line stabilty sets it apart from other skis of its ilk IMV. The 8000 is another great ski but the only place it scores better is that it floats a bit better. I also liked them in bumps because they are softer. So my opinion is that the competition offered by the XL and 8000 is very stiff...
snow report
I myself am only a level 6 skier really. Hence, A stormrider xl or legend 8000 would be too much ski for me. However I suppose these skis really are geared toward lvl 8and 9 skeirs. They are pretty expensive in the UK (Stockli) anyway. I think I might try an m11 or m10 metron as I like something that is pretty quick edge to edge.
latest report
Edmundh009,

I don't know what level 6 is and
you may be right, but if you get the chance to try these so-called high end skis for such and such a level you may find you have enough technique for them to bring you on a bit. It might be the other way and they may be too stiff and therefore unforgiving to mistakes but if can ski tidy turns on good runs then give them a go. In difficult snow they might be a hinderance if they are a ski too far level-wise, but only you will be able to judge that.
snow conditions
It means I can ski pretty much all groomed piste but no moguls for me thank you very much Shocked and the most extreme off-piste I do is through the tree-line next to an easy red or blue. I understand a slightly better ski may force me into adopting more suitable form. I prefer a ski with a softer flex anyway Embarassed
latest report
Edmundh009,
Thats ok..out of the 2 try the 8000, the XL is stiffer and you get the payback in edge-hold.
latest report
marksovereign wrote:
RichA,

RECONS
- just saw these on Ebay

cheers Mark

I'm off to St Anton this afternoon (for the last trip of the season sadly) and have got a pair of Recons booked for 3 days so I'll see how I ilke them first .

Rich
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They have them (recons) with the ibx at filarinskis.com for £330 decent price. quite tempted by the sweet daddy and legend 8000 or a b3 bandit . Hmmm
snow conditions
quite liked the Recons ... didn't have any full on powder to try them on but they seemed to float nicely in some of the soft stuff which most resembled powder and they carved adequately on soft piste as well - certainly better than Pocket Rockets (at carving) I thought

... difficult to tell in the heavy conditions at this time of year though

shop would have let them go for 350 Euro but I'm not sure I'm that convinced by them and would probably rather pay the £330 for new (above)

have to wait until next season now and try some others .. what a tart !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy