Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The silly season is under way

Poster: A snowHead
Madeye-Smiley Spotted in Les Arcs yesterday...

click on photo to enlarge

All in aid of charity (the Back Up Trust) but let's just say it's a good job the slopes were relatively empty yesterday!

The 'squirrel' sets off from from Peisey's Flying Squirrel bar with a ten minute start over the chasing teams. He has to sign in at certain bars in a strict order, have a drink, and set off asap before the chasers, clad in fancy dress, appear. Open to everyone except "ƒ@₧*ing snowbladers", according to the rules on display Shocked wink. Extra points to be won if any team can retrieve an all-in-one fluo ski suit en route, with or without previous owner.

Not sign of his pursuers when I bumped into him at the top of the Transarc around lunchtime. No it's not Will who had a nasty cut on his bonce, (fell over celebrating his birthday, night in hospital rolling eyes) but a boarding barman who works for him.

I stuck to the offpiste during the afternoon, reckoned it would be safer Laughing ...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent - so that's the famous Flying Squirrel outfit! Love the googles - special squirrel size? Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He's not wearing a helmet, in fact, in squirrel terms, he's buck naked. Shocked

Hope there wasn't a yiffing convention going on at the time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I heard he was doing his London publicity stunt once when it unfortunately coincided with an animal rights/anti-hunt protest. The demonstrators thought he was dressed up as a fox, taking the p...

And I think he got mugged on another occasion, doing the same thing in London. The lengths some will go to for promotional purposes Smile

The replacement squirrel and his bodyguard were already well oiled when I bumped into them. Ok they weren't putting in many turns between bars, but no sign of the pursuing skiers? Pathetic!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great day had by all - thanks for getting the photo up Pete!

We raised over 1000 euros for Back Up Trust Charity - if anyone wants to donate, they're a really worthwhile charity, taking wheelchaired youngsters into the mountains to do the sort of things we all take for granted.

The winning team was "The Ladies Club" who failed to show any real form in terms of catching the squirrel, but raised a wopping 330 euros by themselves (mainly by selling kisses for 1 euro on the slopes!).
I'll try to post some pics this week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
He's not wearing a helmet, in fact, in squirrel terms, he's buck naked. Shocked

His nuts were cold.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The resort in Breckenridge employs a skiing dog called Ripperoo. He lives in a hut on the mountain and the kids in the ski school sometimes pop in and visit him for hot chocolate. When we were there, my younger kids (then aged 4 and 5) were totally convinced he was real. He made their holiday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe they would have raised more money if they had allowed 'f@Ptsing snowbladers'!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A Scottish hotel we stayed on pnce had Cyril the Squirrel to entertain the kids.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, the Coylumbridge Hilton ?

I've been in his treehouse Laughing but not stayed in the hotel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"Has to have a drink in every bar" & gets to wear fur!

Can I be the Squirrel next year?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, I thought it was the Stakis Dunblane Hydro.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, Coylumbridge used to be a Stakis, Dunblane Hydro's a Hilton now as well. Maybe he was a franchise squirrel ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris, I doubt it, as all the teams that took part were seasonnaires, and they tend not to snowblade!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonny Jones wrote:
The resort in Breckenridge employs a skiing dog called Ripperoo. He lives in a hut on the mountain and the kids in the ski school sometimes pop in and visit him for hot chocolate. When we were there, my younger kids (then aged 4 and 5) were totally convinced he was real. He made their holiday.

Thredbo ski school has a whole menagerie....
Pygmy Possum
Wally Wombat
Rocky Cocky
Ruby Roo
??? some echidna I think
??? koala

and the coolest one
Extreme Rat...

they match the little ones on kids certificates that say what level they are....

and on ski school night they jump through flaming hoops etc...

and they ski the kids flare run complete with those little "torch flares" the kids get....
snow conditions
Oh and a train(old skidoo with trailer) that takes the kids partway up the bunny slope
ski holidays

3 of the above... echidna wombat and rat
snow report
More daftness in La Tania on 19th April - Their annual charity day, 20,000 Euros target this year for Cancer Charities

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/CharityDayIndex.htm

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy