Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez Info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There's not much, if anything, at the top in the way of easy runs but that's only a relatively small part of the ski area. There's an awful lot below that and you can go on journeys i.e. off to other bits of the area for lunch etc. and not just up and straight back down. When I was there we had a great ski guide who new exactly which area to hit at what time, made a big difference to conditions skied. I now pay much more attention to where the sun is when deciding where to ski.

The easy runs back to base can become quite slushy/cruddy towards the end of the day, particularly when it's warm. From memory the run to the right, as you look up the hill from the base, was the run that got less travelled and hence stayed in better condition.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah@alpedhuez, What it's lacking is a centre, somewhere people congregate, a heart, umbrella bars at the bottom of the piste, music playing outdoors, a traffic free zone, and street cleaners. I don’t really want to feel that I have to “hunt out” places to find somewhere to eat at a reasonable price, when I’ve still got my ski gear on. Some of the hotel staff live there all year round, so I would have thought they knew plenty about the place. The staff at sport 2000 were very helpful with regard to equipment and which runs to avoid, so you are spot on there. Bar prices I believe are even higher if you venture into a Disco/Club. I’m sure the resort will meet the approval of many, it’s been expanding for years, so numbers must speak for themselves, but I wonder how many are repeat customers?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't remember prices being high. For a meal out, I can recommend La Pomme de Pin, very French. Great food. Reasonable wine list. We discovered it having a beer there after a day's skiing. There's a very nice salon du thé next to it, too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess all you can say is each to there own - I didn't think there were any Hermitage staff that lived here all year round - to my knowledge were are about 15 Brits full-time. The really strange thing is that the big TO's have the most repeat staff - more so than anywhere else in the Alpes which I guess must say something!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
why was there so much dog poo in this resort??? Puzzled I was shocked that everywhere you look there's a loose dog and lots of mess. I have just returned and was disgusted. Evil or Very Mad

I found the resort a little heartless, but never the less, a nice place. I think it would be a lot nicer if they introduced some more trees on the pistes.

I have read lots of comments about prices being expensive but I didn't think it wasn't too bad.

I was VERY disappointed with the lack of baby changing facilities. We found it very hard with our 16 month old.

The other thing that suprised me is the amount of resteraunts that didn't start serving food till after 7pm and also had no high chairs.

I would not recomend this resort to anyone with a youngster.

the Skiing was good for the time of year although a little slushy towards the end of the week. My tip would be to stay above 2100m
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rickyday33, some good tree skiing above Monfrais - and I would guess down to Vaujany when conditions are good.

The Hermitage had a children's sitting at about 5pm for its residents. It did seem to be a very child-friendly place. I didn't see a high chair at La Pomme de Pin (the only restaurant I tried outside the hotel) - but did see youngish children at dinner time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went and had a great time.

Highlight was the snow which fell all day on Monday 10th April and all night too. Total Powder on Tuesday. Absolute Heaven.

Low light was the service in the Plage de Neige which is a restaurant at the top of the Babars run. It's the worst dining experience I have had in any restaurant anywhere in the world. The staff just didn't seem to give a damn. An hour and twenty minutes wait for a nicoise salad made up of 3 green leaves, 4 bits of anchovy and some tuna flakes. To be fair the waitress did change it when I complained but by then I was beyond feeling anything positive towards the place. It's the first time I have needed a muesli bar to get me through a visit to a restaurant. It was a shame as I have read recommendations of the place in other peoples entries.

Anyone else had any bad experiences there.

I will never go back to that restaurant but I will go back to ADH.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevins1966, It is funny how experiences can differ so much. I too was in Alpe d'Huez that week and the Plage de Neige was the restaurant whose service was so good that I nipped in there for a departure day lunch on the basis that I would get good, quick service that would not delay my pre-coach departure skiing. I was not disappointed. Were you out on the terrace maybe? I dined inside on both my visits there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes it is odd how the same resort can seem to be a different place to different people. I can only compare to other resorts we have been to in Austria and Italy, but if this an example of a "good" resort, then either others haven't been outside of France, or perhaps expectations are lower than mine. I know that many feel the only important thing is the snow, but it's still a holiday, and not a cheap one at that, so I expect better than, or at least equal to, the standards I have at home. When I have to pay to use a stinking, dirty toilet, that's in a cable/gondola station, I think that's taking the p**s wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wish I has seen this befor i posted a question today about ADH. Thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Renry, hi, well it's always worth doing a search, I often find what I'm looking for is already on here somewhere! Having said that though, new threads often get new responses - avoid Crystal Club Hotel Hermitage, unless you are taking small children and need the facilities for them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy