Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to keep your goggles from scratching?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had three pairs of goggles and all of them get all scratched up. Are there non-scratch lenses on any goggles out there? Are there goggle cases? I just tend to toss them in my drawer with my socks, underwear, and such at home and then they get scratched up. Any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GreenFloyd, put 'em inside a sock rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I keep my smith goggles in the bag that came with em which doubles as a lens wipe. Most goggles have replacement lenses (those over £40)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GreenFloyd, A bit more care perhaps rolling eyes And what sort of undies can scratch goggles Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only store and wipe them with the bag they come in, not really allot else you can do. You buy them to ware, so if you end up 'eating snow' a few scratches on the goggles is better then your face taking a beating.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lol. I don't know, maybe I'm just being too anal about the surface scratches on my goggles. It's not like I really tell the difference when I'm skiing down the hill. I just like to have everything neat and tidy and perfect Happy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GreenFloyd, but you're Californian (or live there) so your attitude is perfectly normal. I take reasonable care of mine cos I don't like looking out thru scratched lenses. They still inevitably get chucked in rucksacks, pockets, cases, etc. without the cover occasionally.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you sandpaper the lenses new scratches will not be apparent.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone on here told me that ice crystals on the lens can scratch it even when the proper whatsit is used...I think it may have been David Murdoch (?)

My Bollés had the mirror coating completely removed in places after only a week's use because of this Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sharkymark, wasn't me...btw I understand that mirror coatings used to be unbelieveably soft and scratchy, now they're just believeably so!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sharkymark, wasn't me...btw I understand that mirror coatings used to be unbelievably soft and scratchy, now they're just believably so! I had a pair in '92 that lasted about a week. THey look good when they're new though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch, it was worth a shot in the dark. I don't have the same problem with Adidas Yodais.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
greenfloyd ,dont store your goggs with your liederhosen it'll ruin em Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep - I've got 2 Oakley Iridium lenses, both with little scratches on inside & out - costs a fortune for new lenses! - so now I wear cheaper ones that don't scratch= Dragon lenses.
PS - replacing the lenses is a pain with Oakleys aswell -wouldn't you think they could make a simpler design? Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy